English Voice actors for Extra Eva characters...

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
OneShotPunch
Embryo

English Voice actors for Extra Eva characters...

•      
  •      

Postby OneShotPunch » Sat Feb 10, 2024 3:06 pm

Let's say Girlfriend of Steel and/or Second Impression somehow made their way to America, even getting their own english dubs. Most likely it'd be ADV who would handle them, but let's assume Netflix's cast could also get on it. Who do you think would voice Mana Kirishima, Keita, Musashi and Mayumi Yamagishi? Add any other characters you'd like to see dubbed.

Blockio
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Re: English Voice actors for Extra Eva characters...

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:04 pm

It's actually very unlikely that the ADV cast would have any involvement; besides the fact that the company only exists as a shell corporation at this point, khara also demonstrably has grown tired of their nonsense
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

OneShotPunch
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby OneShotPunch » Sat Feb 10, 2024 4:22 pm

Maybe I could have been clearer, if those games were imported around the time they were released (1996 and 1997), ADV might have handled the dubbing for them. Either way, it's more of a hypothetical scenario than anything. A question of who'd voice who.

Blockio
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Sun Feb 11, 2024 4:29 pm

Ah yes, in that case ADV most likely would have been the distributor, yes.
Unfortunately, I am not particularily versed in the wider dubbing scene, so I fear I don't have much useful input to offer on that front
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

FelipeFritschF
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby FelipeFritschF » Mon Feb 12, 2024 1:54 am

I kinda have to wonder if they'd get some random VAs for these games, as that has happened many times with other franchises before. Yet at the same time, if something as relatively inconsequential as GoS 1 got enough fan interest to be localized in the West, they might have bothered getting the ADV VAs at the time.

It's hardly impossible for a modern re-release to do that, or for any prospective new Eva games to do that, either. More mainstream franchises in the West like Dragonball or Naruto have had that happened. And in this case, though they are not strictly linked with ADV anymore, we'd probably see the majority of the ADV cast again as we did with Amazon's dub of NTE. Grant did show up in the pretty unexpected ANIMA audiobook.

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”