Mari Clone Theory

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
EvaFanX
Embryo

Mari Clone Theory

•      
  •      

Postby EvaFanX » Mon Jan 22, 2024 10:03 pm

So this is just a random idea I had floating around my brain for a while concerning the Mari Clone theory. So I figured I’d post it here. So sit back, and let me weave you a tale. Maria Escariot is a friend if Yui and Gendo in College. At some point, she joins NERV and works on the Eva project. The initial plan for the pilots is that they’d all be clones, and so Maria becomes the donor for the Makinami series. At some point, she becomes aware of Gendo’s plan, and so she begins to concoct her own plan to stop him. She implants her memories into one singular clone, including all the info on the Evas and such, through some unknown means, though it is possible that they were programmed in, due to their nature as clones. Alternatively, she could have transferred either part of or the entirety of her soul, similar to Lilith with Rei. This is so she can enact her plan under NERV and Gendo’s radar. As shown in 3.0+1.0, we know that the Shikinami series had trials to select the pilot of Unit-02. So, using the knowledge granted to her, Maria’s clone easily wins out among the rest of the Makinami series and becomes a pilot. Thus, the events of Evangelion 2.0 all the way to 3.0+1.0 occur. Of course, this is just a theory I came up with, and I’m sure there are holes in this that I’ve missed. But anyway, there it is.

Blockio
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Re: Mari Clone Theory

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Tue Jan 23, 2024 1:47 pm

Not at all unlikely, actually! It's almost certainly not a coincidence that Mari's last name also ends in -nami, so even if there wasn't a full series of clones (which for the record may still be - we never saw who or what served as the control interface of the Mk.07s!), I'd call it a fairly well-founded take that one was at least intended to exist, perhaps with only Mari herself made
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”