Term Lilin in Rebuilds

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Asugran233
Lilith

Term Lilin in Rebuilds

•      
  •      

Postby Asugran233 » Fri Feb 04, 2022 12:36 pm

I wonder if the term Lilin for humanity is used as Angels but disconnected from the main 13 or such an angelic name for people.

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

Re: Term Lilin in Rebuilds

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Wed Feb 16, 2022 10:45 am

Didn't completely understand your question. Does the wiki page help?
https://wiki.evageeks.org/Lilin

Humans in the Rebuild continuity are born from Lilith in much the same way as in NGE. However, it's an entirely different story with the Angels in the Rebuild continuity, whose origin is unknown and seems to come from more than one source. Reichu had identified a set of "Ancient Angels" as well as Angels that were former Lilin, transformed during Second Impact and having had their wills embodied into Angels. (The relevant portion of the discussion is buried at the end of Vol.7 of the pre-release speculation for Evangelion 3.0 + 1.0.)
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”