If you could make any Evangelion products you want...

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
IronEvangelion
Bridge Bunny
Bridge Bunny

If you could make any Evangelion products you want...

•      
  •      

Postby IronEvangelion » Wed Dec 29, 2021 11:37 pm

Say Studio Khara put you in charge of the franchise and greenlit you to make any sort of Evangelion product(s) you want (could be new series, movies, ovas, figures, other merch, etc), what would you make? As for me, it would be:

-Evangelion: Arsenal (Video Game): In this 3rd-person shooter, you play as a blank-slate conscript in the evangelion corps of whatever post-3i nation NERV has created. The year is 50 A3i, and after partially rebuilding civilization, NERV is still busy uncovering and destroying the remaining SEELE installations which survived 3i. Placed in a new batallion with other greenhorn eva pilots, all given a shiny new series of MP evas to pilot, it's your job to do the destroying. Along the way you'll fight SEELE's Harpy-series evas, straggler Angels, roving hordes of Jet-Alones, Bardiel-infected eva zombies, and the odd warlord who thinks attacking an eva with a tank batallion sounds like a good time. Unlockables include new weapons, eva parts, and paint jobs. Features include pilot and eva customization, a 12-hour single player campaign, and local splitscreen multiplayer. The game's visuals are anime-inspired, but on the more realistic side of things, similar to Dead or Alive 5's visuals.

-Gehirn (Anime Series): A 16-episode prequel series to Neon Genesis Evangelion, focusing in-depth on how evas were created, including all of the inhumane tests performed by Gehirn's scientists. The story would be centered around the points of view of 4 characters: Gendo, Yui, Fuyutsuki, and Kyoko. Interpersonal drama would comprise the meat of the story since there aren't any functional evas yet, and thus no opportunity for action scenes. Specific scenes I'd require would be: Yui's infamous contact experiment and the subsequent recovery attempts, Unit 01 being created from Lilith, the failed prototypes before they were terminated, and the birth of Rei (as well as other scenes of infant Rei doing cute things).

-NERV: Classified Data (OVA series): A four-part OVA series mostly focusing on obscure elements of NGE lore. Individual OVAs would be as follows: Katsuragi: Expedition to Hell, a 30-minute OVA showing the Katsuragi expedition, the discovery of Adam, and the subsequent 2nd Impact. Unknown Origin: Intercepted Transmission, a 45-minute OVA showing Touji, Kensuke, and Hikari piloting eva units 3, 4, and 5, respectively. They fight and defeat an extremely powerful Angel. A technician remarks that this recording appears to have come from an alternate universe. Murphy's Law, a 15-minute OVA set in NERV's Nevada facility and showing the creation of the prototype S2 Engine, its installation in Unit 04, and the disastrous activation test. The Red Hair Incident, a 30-minute OVA in which Rei one day decides to dye her hair red. Misato, walking the halls of the Geofront at midday, happens to see Rei walk by. Misato flips out and thinks she's woken up in an alternate universe. She abducts Shinji from school at gunpoint, and repeatedly asks him if he's seen anything odd, such as someone who looks like him but has a goatee. Shinji denies seeing anything odd. Misato tells him that she's moving him to a secure location as she speeds through town. She tears through the lower levels of the Geofront, causing all sorts of havoc, until reaching a dead end where she and Shinji hole up. They are soon cornered by NERV security, Gendo, Fuyutski, and a furious Asuka who demands to know why she was left at school. Misato draws her gun and takes a defiant stance, going on a paranoid rant about a red-haired Rei, dimensional rifts, timeline mergers, and how everyone in an alternate universe is an evil twin. Gendo angrily replies that Rei just decided to dye her hair red that day. Misato sheepishly lowers her gun and surrenders. A formal apology is made, Misato accepts a temporary demotion, and everyone agrees to sweep the incident under the rug.

-RealEva (Figure Line): A series of high-quality articulated die-cast evangelion figures for collectors. Unlike other die-cast figures, these are a full 36" tall to bring out the sheer size of what they replicate. First production run would be: Unit 00 (blue), Unit 01, Unit 02, Unit 03, Unit 04, and an MP "Harpy". Subsequent runs would expand the lineup to include Unit 00 (orange) as well as all of the major Rebuild Evas. There would also be a line of special edition figures which would consist of Unit 01 Bloodstained (replicating its blood-covered appearance when emerging from Leliel), Awakened Unit 01, MP Eva (3.33 next movie preview version), Unit 05 as Hikari would have piloted it, EoE Unit 02, Giji-Shinaka, and Infected Unit 00 (replicating appearance from Armisael fight).
[Redacted]

Blockio
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Re: If you could make any Evangelion products you want...

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Thu Dec 30, 2021 2:28 pm

For the most part I refer to this post here :tongue:

Beyond that; some game localizations/remakes of old jank games would be cool, maybe an OVA or two
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

MissDeamy
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby MissDeamy » Mon Dec 04, 2023 1:12 pm

MORE Shinji PLUSHIES!!

If I could make any Evangelion Products it would probably be games and more collaborations.
I mean Eva has collaborated with Godzilla and Hello Kitty...HELLO KITTY. Plus they made other products like tools, coffee, glasses, and Razor blades for shaving. (God I can't get the image of Gendo shaving his beard off my brain it's so cursed-)

But yeah, maybe more collaborations would be nice like Nintendo? I know that's NEVER going to happen but it would be cool having Evangelion X Pokemon or Evangelion X Fire Emblem collabs. Can definitely see Eva fitting in with Nintendo but sadly I know that will never happen.

As for games, we need more Eva games or remasters of the old games they made. Evangelion characters have been in many games like Monster Hunter and Ninjala. I rather have them have their own games rather than be in one for a collaboration. The last thing I want is for them to be in Fortnite.
Last edited by MissDeamy on Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rare Shinji Ikari Fan

Please do not repost my art anywhere without my permission

The Killer of Heroes
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby The Killer of Heroes » Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:09 pm

View Original PostMissDeamy wrote:As for games, we need more Eva games or remasters of the old games they made. Evangelion characters have been in many games like Monster Hunter and Ninjala. I rather have them have their own games rather than be in one for a collaboration. The last thing I want is for them to be in Fortnite.
Have you played any of the Super Robot Wars games? Evangelion is in a fair amount of those and Super Robot Wars V is officially in English and features Eva...though the Evangelion plot doesn't start until halfway through that game.

MissDeamy
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby MissDeamy » Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:13 pm

View Original PostThe Killer of Heroes wrote:Have you played any of the Super Robot Wars games? Evangelion is in a fair amount of those and Super Robot Wars V is officially in English and features Eva...though the Evangelion plot doesn't start until halfway through that game.

I have actually! I actually have my own copy of Super Robot Wars V. My cousin bought it for me because he told me that Shinji was in it with Eva Unit 01. He even told me you don’t unlock him until like I think level 25 or 20? I can’t remember but yeah I actually heard about Super Robot Wars. I only played Super Robot Wars V tho not the other games sadly.
Rare Shinji Ikari Fan

Please do not repost my art anywhere without my permission

The Killer of Heroes
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby The Killer of Heroes » Mon Dec 04, 2023 11:40 pm

It's Stage 26 where you get Shinji, yeah. Him and EVA-01 can pretty solo almost the entire rest of the game on their own lmao.

Axx°N N.
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Axx°N N. » Tue Dec 05, 2023 5:01 am

LCL curry.

Full-scale GNR blowup doll.

Actual penguin.
Après moi le déluge!

FelipeFritschF
Armisael
Armisael

•      
  •      

Postby FelipeFritschF » Tue Dec 05, 2023 12:12 pm

My pet scenario is a dense, 6 episode (30 minute each) OVA with high quality animation, with half covering a pre-NGE period (say, 2000-2005), and half covering a post-3I period, the former focusing on Gendo, Yui and Fuyu, the latter on Rei, Asuka and Gendo. Granted, I understand EoE's ending is not meant to be, ahem, expanded upon too much...

For merch: Jet Alone plushies, more Shinji stuff overall, more variations of Adult Asuka and Adult Shinji in suits and all. In fact, all of the kids doing some adulting.

For games: a remaster of NGE2, translated and playable on PC and modern consoles.

LucAAAs
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby LucAAAs » Sat Dec 09, 2023 7:56 am

EVA 4444c giant robot spirits figure, together with its battery evas

Entry plug cigarettes

dzzthink
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby dzzthink » Sat Dec 16, 2023 4:35 am

View Original PostAxx°N N. wrote:LCL curry.

Full-scale GNR blowup doll.

Actual penguin.

LCL Japanese curry is a great idea
"Everything is permissible, but not everything is beneficial. Everything is permissible but not everything is constructive." - 1 Corinthians 10:23

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”