My Honest Opinion of Claire Littley in her Comeback (and would like to hear yours too!)........

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
AudreyInverse
Embryo

My Honest Opinion of Claire Littley in her Comeback (and would like to hear yours too!)........

•      
  •      

Postby AudreyInverse » Tue Dec 14, 2021 7:57 pm

Please don't be offended. I loved Littley's cover of FLy Me to the Moon so much ts my fav and I prefer it over Sinata and Kaye Ballard...........

But I did put too high anticipation in her announciation that she's making singles over 25 years after Evangelion's first airing.

For starter the songs sound generics overall esp n Lyrics and composition.. By itself this sn't bad but........

Claire's voice no longer sounds as hauntingly beautiful as in Fly Me to the Moon. True I as putting too much stock and not taking context into account in this statement like how her cover of FMTTM as a big budget production while her songs are just self-produce and so on. But listening to her new singles, anyone can tell in the first few lines its obvious Claire has aged so much.

Her voice actually sounds nice for someone who hasn't done any professional music for decades and for her current age. But FOr those of us ho's een listening to her legendary cover on Eva, its easy to be underwhelmed.

Made all the worse by the earlier issues I mentioned.

If she still managed to have her voice in the NGE days, even the genericness of her 3 recently released singles would not be an issue. Her gorgeous melodic voice from the classic Eva Ending would have easily made up for it and if anything made the songs really incredible despite the run-of-the-mill feeling their contents (esp lyrics) emit.

That said I do enjoy the songs and have no regrets purchasing them. Divorced from NGE, they are impressive for a production commissioned by a non-singer who's been away from the profession for decades. Its just that her cover of FMTTM s so damn beautifully composed and this despite the fact we compare it to legends like Sinatra, it so stands up on its own as a musical masterpiece. So there's already a tough act to follow esp since so many of us were excited when she revealed she as going back to music.

So Claire if you are reading this, don't be offended and know that you have another supporter who ill continue buying your singles! Despite my disappointment, you still have a nice voice for someone who hasn't done professional singing for decades esp since you self-produced the tracks! Keep up the decent work (even if some of us are disappointed because we unfortunately have the Eva cover to compare to subconsciously).

What do Eva geeks here think BTW?

Rob Harkavy Interviews Claire Littley
Full Conversation here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7vOURSBnfo

Post merged - JoelcrNeto

AudreyInverse
Embryo

FYI Claire Littley Has Come Back to Music and Been Making Singles Since August

•      
  •      

Postby AudreyInverse » Tue Dec 14, 2021 8:12 pm

I am so surprised no mention on this site off Claire returning to music over 20 years since she did the Eva rendition of Fly Me to the Moon esp since she has a page on the EvaGeeks Wiki! Well just wanted to share the news out there since so many of us loved her rendition of FMTTM.

In fact she uploaded her released songs so far on Youtube in full. Her latest song.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=02gouZzqLro

I even made my opinion in a newly created thread in the Everything Else Evangelion subforum.

If you wish to support her, she is selling her songs as Digital Downloads on Amazon and iTunes (this is where I bought my MP3 files of her singles). Her songs are also available as part of the catalog of Spotify, iHeart, Deezer, Youtube Music, and Apple Music for streaming if you subscribe to those services.

Well there I shared the news!

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”