Rebuild series devalued evangelion. Prove me wrong.

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
bladerj
Lilin
Lilin

Rebuild series devalued evangelion. Prove me wrong.

Postby bladerj » Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:44 am

This is a discussion not argument, but let me preface with some facts,if you disagree you are wrong. And yeah the title is bait, this is about the units,forgive me senpais, please no ban....me good. :tongue:

That said, both NGE and until 2.0 we learn that evangelions are very expensive to make and maintain, in fact only super powers had them, like United States, Russia,France ,Germany, and Japan because this is anime, stands to reason that perhaps China would be eager to make one, my theory is they make jet alone to circumvent the vatican treaty by having a evangelion without being an evangelion,or you know, just industrial espionage.

Regardles,Evas are the ultimate bling a nation could have in WMDs.And then comes 2.0, we learn mark series is built different from evas, but we never learn how,our theories are they are made from adam. But then Q throws the wrench and show a mark eva builty entirely out of core,wich must had been a interesting creative meeting:

staff : :huh: if the core powers the evas how can this one be made out of it .
anno: :emogendo: it just is.
staff : :???: but how ?
anno: :emogendo: i dont know....
staff: :bigeyes: you are the director you are suposed to know -
anno: :tongue: oh oopsies
staff : :facepalm: oopsie....

Then we have a mark that has no AT field at all that is problably not a evangelion unit at all. and the in 3.0+1.0 we had a freaking marching band of evas, and more flying evas then the us airforce fleet.

All those legs are suposed to be spare parts ? if they had that many how was nerv in such a shortage for armor ? Even if we take into consideration seele/nerv speed up the process for instrumentality, in those 14 years the world was already in the brink at 2.0, after 3.0 post third impact i doubt any nation would be funnelling money towards building evas, but reconstruction and safe keeping of what is still there, automated eva construction only goes so far.

And then the director just bring as many evangelions as he pleases for action. In my opinion this took all the value and uniqueness of the original evangelions and their struggle to work with them when they could just pop them for plot convenience.

Your thoughs?
ANATA BAKA !?

Blockio
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Re: Rebuild series devalued evangelion. Prove me wrong.

Postby Blockio » Thu Mar 11, 2021 10:47 am

View Original Postbladerj wrote:This is a discussion not argument, but let me preface with some facts,if you disagree you are wrong.

Regardless of what opinion you hold, this blatantly bad faith is not the way to conduct any sort of debate. Locked.
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”