Official Waiting For Camrip Thread

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

Official Waiting For Camrip Thread

Postby Kendrix » Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:43 am

I came here to discuss the new 2 mins but I see the spoiler policy is already in effect.

Obviously you can't link to one from here; You'll have to trust that we can all google it ourselves.

The sole purpose of this thread is just to have somewhere to look up the answer to two questions: Does it exist yet? And is it subbed?

I don't want to risk getting spoiled when there is nothing yet to be found.

If it does indeed release on amazon that will do just as well.

I think I'm gonna wait for a subbed one cause I want to properly understand what's happening but IDK if my self-control will suffice.
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Re: Official Waiting For Camrip Thread

Postby Joseki » Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:47 am

AFAIK camrips should be discussed in the spoiler subforum, not here

Blockio
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Postby Blockio » Sun Mar 07, 2021 10:49 am

Yeah, I'll move it there real quick
EDIT: Done
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

CharPenPen
Embryo

Postby CharPenPen » Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:04 am

Did a camrip happen for the Demon Slayer movie? I feel like that goes a long way for determining the likelihood of whether that'll happen for this.

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

Postby UrsusArctos » Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:06 am

Just as a reminder, new images from the premiere are fine; links are not.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Heaven Piercing Man
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby Heaven Piercing Man » Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:08 am

Ok, let's think about it. How long can it take? If I remember correctly Q took like a month to come out because it came from a screening somewhere else, because Japan's draconian policy must have scared everyone's Rei-patterned panties.

But back then, if you wanted a good recording, you had to bring an ACTUAL camera to the theater. Not easy to conceal, not everyone has one.

But now, in TYOOL 2021, easily concealable smartphones are no longer limited to potato recordings. High end phones are common enough, newer iPhones are popular enough. Now you can in theory have several guys record a chunk of the movie each with their own daily use phones, and then join the pieces together.

Or are they going full TSA on the ticket line? Wouldn't surprise me.
Evangelion, in three words: How Strangely Erotic

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:21 am

View Original PostHeaven Piercing Man wrote:Or are they going full TSA on the ticket line? Wouldn't surprise me.
Going to the UK premiere of Night Watch back in 2005, they were requiring everyone to check in their phones before entering the auditorium, so it wouldn't surprise me either.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Archer
Matarael
Matarael

Postby Archer » Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:28 am

View Original PostCharPenPen wrote:Did a camrip happen for the Demon Slayer movie? I feel like that goes a long way for determining the likelihood of whether that'll happen for this.

My friend is deep into the Fate franchise and for its last movie, I think the first (really, really shitty) camrip came out after it debuted in other Asian markets, which was within a month of its premiere. A better camrip came out around the 3 month mark, with the Blu-ray set for release at the end of March.

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Postby hui43210 » Sun Mar 07, 2021 11:32 am

View Original PostArcher wrote:
View Original PostCharPenPen#912298 wrote:Did a camrip happen for the Demon Slayer movie? I feel like that goes a long way for determining the likelihood of whether that'll happen for this.

My friend is deep into the Fate franchise and for its last movie, I think the first (really, really shitty) camrip came out after it debuted in other Asian markets, which was within a month of its premiere. A better camrip came out around the 3 month mark, with the Blu-ray set for release at the end of March.

Yeah, the Fate camrip came out in the USA showings I think as there are English subs on the screen. Rips come out of China a lot as well, but Japan is very strict about such matters.
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

RamslEva
Embryo

Postby RamslEva » Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:16 pm

View Original PostCharPenPen wrote:Did a camrip happen for the Demon Slayer movie? I feel like that goes a long way for determining the likelihood of whether that'll happen for this.

Hi everyone! Kind of a weird post for me to start on evageeks but anyway, there is a camrip of mugen train, although its originating country I couldn't figure out because the site I found pasted english subtitles over the original, so as far as I know its from another market and not Japan. Its also entirely possible that simply due to the fact that it has subtitles its definitely from a different market. Don't know too much but at least as a way of gauging time, its been 5 months since the original release date.
Last edited by RamslEva on Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Blockio
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Postby Blockio » Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:21 pm

Afraid I cn't quite follow. Does this have anything to do with Shin Eva?
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Saint Eva
Embryo

Postby Saint Eva » Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:22 pm

I got emotional watching the footage. I don't think I'll be able to wait for months to watch a good quality rip. Even a terrible fansubbed camrip will now do.

RamslEva
Embryo

Postby RamslEva » Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:35 pm

View Original PostBlockio wrote:Afraid I cn't quite follow. Does this have anything to do with Shin Eva?

Sorry, forgot to reply with quote. Meant to quote the person that asked if mugen train got a camrip.

Blockio
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Postby Blockio » Sun Mar 07, 2021 12:36 pm

Ah, I gotcha

Thesufferingpumpkin
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby Thesufferingpumpkin » Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:20 pm

Anyone who gets a cam rip of a 155 min film deserves a medal or two

Marynou_penguin
Embryo

Postby Marynou_penguin » Sun Mar 07, 2021 1:28 pm

I mean, if a camrip takes up to a month this time around, we're probably better off waiting for Amazon to put the movie online. It shouldn't be that far away now.

Stan
Tabris
Tabris

Postby Stan » Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:04 pm

This will now be my most checked thread on this forum :rei_poke:

JuanSorel
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby JuanSorel » Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:34 pm

View Original PostStan wrote:This will now be my most checked thread on this forum :rei_poke:

I hope patience is amongst your most prominent virtues then... :devil:

spoiler: It is not amongst mines...

RamslEva
Embryo

Postby RamslEva » Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:39 pm

View Original PostJuanSorel wrote:
View Original PostStan#912392 wrote:This will now be my most checked thread on this forum :rei_poke:

I hope patience is amongst your most prominent virtues then... :devil:

spoiler: It is not amongst mines...

I'd laugh my butt off if the western release came before a camrip. Wouldn't complain, but It'd be the plot twist of the decade.

Cookie H Wilson
Adam

Postby Cookie H Wilson » Sun Mar 07, 2021 2:56 pm

View Original PostMarynou_penguin wrote:I mean, if a camrip takes up to a month this time around, we're probably better off waiting for Amazon to put the movie online. It shouldn't be that far away now.

Isn’t it just for Japanese people?
�Smash the control images. Smash the control machine.�
― William S. Burroughs

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”