Final predictions for Final [Serious]

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

Final predictions for Final [Serious]

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:15 pm

Okay here are my final ones

1) Mari and Shikinami are portions of Asuka classic

2) Shinji is Kaworu/Adam

3) They are gonna canonize all the official Eva stories

4) They will canonize both endings of the Original but alternate scenes

5) 1.0 and 2.0 will be revealed to not have happened precisely the way we saw them happen.

6) Asuka and Shinji will have met in childhood

7) We'll get some back story on Asukas 's ma and pa

8) it won't be revealed as a sequel but as a continuous story.

9) Lilin+ will just refer to the Children that interacted directly with Adam and its kin

10) 3 + 1 is a reference to the union between the first angel and the 3rd Children.

Edit:

11) Mari is Lars
Last edited by ChaddyManPrime on Thu Mar 11, 2021 8:55 pm, edited 2 times in total.
"Look at Me!, I'm Mr. MeeSeeks!" - Mr. MeeSeeks

You know nothing, Jon Snow - Chuckman

CSPAN
Embryo

Re: Final predictions for Final [Serious]

•      
  •      

Postby CSPAN » Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:21 pm

I predict Rei will be revealed as a quantum god experiencing all possible timelines in an attempt to guide Shinji into making the correct choices to move forwards from some impossible decision or situation that threatens to destroy everything. Loop theory will not be fully confirmed, only that Rei does have knowledge of "alternate" possibilities (NGE vs NTE vs ??expanded canon??) and is hurtling through realities trying to find one in which Shinji is happy and the world isn't completely annihilated. Whether or not that happens, who knows :emogendo:

Thesufferingpumpkin
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Thesufferingpumpkin » Thu Mar 04, 2021 9:23 pm

Ummmmm in no particular order

Shinji will be in the same state as EOE

He will reunite with grown up class mates and start to snap out of it

He will have a heart to heart with someone maybe Asuka

Flashbacks to backstories similar to the birth of nerv episode but far back when Asuka was a toddler

Shinji will go through a maturity no longer being a child but more adult

Final impact

The wunder is destroyed and eva unit 1 is free and wakes up and decides Shinji need to be in entry plug again probably backed by Misato as he is literally the only hope if a risky one

Instrumentality

Everyone dies

Shinji grows a pair and saves the world not for him but for everyone

Time is reversed

Eva vanishes and is forgotten by everyone apart from the children

It will end with a happy ending with a restored earth and humanity

Asuka will have the final line which will be the same as EOE or it will end with congratulations, some sort of fan service callback to the original ending

The end

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:08 pm

^
Oh I like that last bit, I've always liked the idea of anno saying something to us adults that have been with eva since we were little. Something akin to "To all the Children, congratulations."

Heaven Piercing Man
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby Heaven Piercing Man » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:18 pm

The final line will be Asuka saying "kimochi ii"
Evangelion, in three words: How Strangely Erotic

mastafishere
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby mastafishere » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:19 pm

Cruel Angels Thesis plays at the climax.

Okay that’s not so much a prediction as a wish. And yes I know I KNOW it’s a common anime trope and Eva is against that sort of thing.

But, admit it, that would be straight fire.

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:27 pm

^
Especially if they do that remix they made back in 2009 *Chef's kiss*

Blockio
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:28 pm

I'm not sure about ACAT playing, but (while unlikely) I could see them bringing back Tamashii no Refrain in some form. It does have that feeling of size and power that would work quite well.
although realistically, it will probably be another case like KST or Tsubasa wo Kudasai to have that disconnected, etheral feel, that something way beyond your scope of comprehension is happening
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

BernardoCairo
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby BernardoCairo » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:36 pm

- After the "Paris sequence" the movie will cut to a scene in which Asuka, "Ayanami Q" and Shinji are walking around Japan's landscape.
- Asuka will be focused on bringing everyone back to the AAA Wunder, "Rei Q" will begin to show some interest for the world around her and Shinji will be completely destroyed (Asuka will have to drag him, similar to what Misato did during EoE).
- Once at the AAA Wunder, Shinji will be transported to some kind of prison cell (that's probably what's going to happen with "Ayanami Q" as well).
- Some time will pass and Unit 02 will finally be repaired.
- During that period of time, Shinji will gradually start to socialize with the outside world again (Asuka, Mari, Sakura and some other people from the Wille crew).
- Eventually, Asuka and Mari will be aware of their next mission (which will define the future of human individuality).
- Asuka will have a "final" conversation with Shinji at his prison cell. They will not be able to completely understand each other, but genuine progress will be made. She will encourage Shinji to keep living no matter what, firing him up a little bit. Anyway, she will eventually have to leave.
- Mari and Asuka's mission will begin nicely. However, the situation will get worse when the EVA Series appears. Those two are the best Evangelion pilots of the series. So, they will put up a great fight. However, they were at an overwhelming numerical disadvantage. In other words, the whole operation will start to tumble down.
- In this context, Shinji will offer himself to pilot Unit 01. Outside of options, Misato will let him do it (worrying everyone at Wille). The two will have a decent last conversation, before Shinji's actual departure.
- There will be a lot of shooting and a bunch of blasting, but Shinji, Asuka and Mari will eventually fail.
- Misato is probably going to die.
- Human Instrumentality will begin. It is not going to be as beautiful or impactful as episodes 25 and 26 rendition of the event (nor EoE). However, it will be pretty fun.
- Shinji will dispose of the whole thing faster this time around. Besides that, he will say his definitive farewell to Rei II, Yui and Kaworu (three people who are long gone).
- The last scene of the movie will be similar to EoE's ending. However, it will contain less melancholic visuals. Aside from Shinji and Asuka (who are now fine and in sync with each other), Mari and "Ayanami Q" may be there. The latter will strive to develop its own personality from now on.

Well, I tried to keep a more "grounded" look at things. However I know that I missed out on many elements. For example, I don't have any idea of what's going to happen with Gendo. We know that Shinji will confront him, somehow. But I'm not sure about how that will play out.

EDIT: Here are some things that might happen, but I'm not really sure about it:
- Kaji and Toji will reaper.
- Those two will be living at some kind of Lilin city.
- They may help Asuka and the others to wake Shinji up, by talking to him.
- The world won't be magically fixed. That will take some time and effort from the entire human race. You know, something similar to Dragon Ball GT's ending (yeah, not that really good of an example hahaha).
Last edited by BernardoCairo on Sat Mar 06, 2021 10:21 am, edited 3 times in total.
Just sit here and waste your precious time. When you want to do something, don't do it right away. Don't do it when you can. Read my posts instead. It's the only way to live a life without regrets.

jedi_spectre1
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby jedi_spectre1 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:37 pm

My main predictions are this:
1. Rei (either Q or II) Will sacrifice themselves to restore the world somehow.

2. Shinji's purple eyes are part of a controlled god state, maybe Rei II now in the Eva is able to keep Shinji from going overboard.

3. Misato will most likely die in a heroic sacrifice similar to Captain Nemo from Nadia.

4. Shinji will grow and mature through the movie

5. I actually think Instrumentality might not happen, or it will be radically different from NGE.

6. Gendo and Shinji will actually have a heart to heart during a final confrontation.

7. Kaworu will serve as a major antagonist to Shinji and Wille, but will be a sympathetic one.

8. Flashbacks to both before 1.0 and in between 2.0 and Q.

ChaddyManPrime
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby ChaddyManPrime » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:49 pm

SPOILER: Show
View Original PostBernardoCairo wrote:- After the "Paris sequence" the movie will cut to a scene in which Asuka, "Ayanami Q" and Shinji are walking around Japan's landscape.
- Asuka will be focused on bringing everyone back to the AAA Wunder, "Rei Q" will begin to show some interest for the world around her and Shinji will be completely destroyed (Asuka will have to drag him, similar to what Misato did during EoE).
- Once at the AAA Wunder, Shinji will be transported to some kind of prison cell (that's probably what's going to happen with "Ayanami Q" as well).
- Some time will pass and Unit 02 will finally be repaired.
- During that period of time, Shinji will gradually start to socialize with the outside world again (Asuka, Mari, Sakura and some other people from the Wille crew).
- Eventually, Asuka and Mari will be aware of their next misson (which will define the future of human individuality).
- Asuka will have a "final" conversation with Shinji at his prison cell. They will not be able to completely understand each other, but genuine progress will be made. She will encourage Shinji to keep living no matter what, firing him up a little bit. Anyway, she will eventually have to leave.
- Mari and Asuka's mission will begin nicely. However, the situation will get worse when the EVA Series appears. Those two are the best Evangelion pilots of the series. So, they will put up a great fight. However, they were at an overwhelming numerical disadvantage. In other words, the whole operation will start to tumble down.
- In this context, Shinji will offer himself to pilot Unit 01. Outside of options, Misato will let him do it (worrying everyone at Wille). The two will have a decent last conversation, before Shinji's actual departure.
- There will be a lot of shooting and a bunch of blasting, but Shinji, Asuka and Mari will eventually fail.
- Human Instrumentality will begin. It is not going to be as beautiful or impactful as episodes 25 and 26 rendition of the event (nor EoE). However, it will be pretty fun.
- Shinji will dispose of the whole thing faster this time around. Besides that, he will say his definitive farewell to both Rei II and Kaworu (two people who are now long gone).
- The last scene of the movie will be similar to EoE's ending. However, it will contain less melancholic visuals. Aside from Shinji and Asuka (who are now fine and in sync with each other), Mari and "Ayanami Q" may be there. The latter will strive to develop its own personality from now on.

Well, I tried to keep a more "grounded" look at things. However I know that I missed out on many elements. For example, I don't have any idea of what's going to happen with Gendo. We know that Shinji will confront him, somehow. But I'm not sure about how that will play out. Whatever.

Oh I like that, nicely self contained

Fixed the spoiler tab.
-Zusuchan

BusterMachine4
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby BusterMachine4 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 10:58 pm

All right, here’s my plot summary, based on educated guesses:

The second scene of the movie is the pilot trio walking through the barren wasteland. Sad scene, some variation of Hedgehog’s Dilemma plays.

After a while, WILLE picks them up via helicopter, and they get sent to WILLE headquarters, a marvelous oasis city. One of the pillars used to restore Paris in the opening scene is at the center.

Some of the city’s inhabitants include Kensuke, Toji and Kaji. Kensuke is an adult, Toji is still a child due to being the pilot of NERV’s Unit 7, and Kaji is the leader of WILLE. While in the city, Shinji starts to appreciate life, Asuka begins to move on from the past, and Rei starts forging her own identity.

But meanwhile, NERV begins making plans for Human Instrumentality. Unit 13 is reactivated, with the Key of Nebuchadnezzar as the control system. Gendo and Fuyutski use their own Wunder to drag the Black Moon away from Tokyo. Their target: WILLE headquarters.

NERV’s Eva army begins storming the city, and its defenses are quickly overrun. Rei is kidnapped and taken to NERV’s Wunder. Asuka and Shinji are about to be killed, but they’re saved last-minute by the Wunder’s arrival.

Once on board the Wunder, Shinji and Asuka’s paths diverge. Shinji is placed in solitary confinement, while Asuka teams up with Mari for an important mission. They find out that NERV is using WILLE headquarters as a base of operations for Human Instrumentality. Meanwhile, Shinji begins having visions of Kaworu, pushing him to improve himself and not get stuck in self-hatred.

On board NERV’s Wunder, Fuyutski reveals to Rei that she’s only one of many clones. Rei’s other clones are going to be the control system for the Infinity Evas, created using the Failures of Infinity. Rei herself is going to pilot their leader, Unit 10. She refuses at first, but NERV’s brainwashing forces her to comply.

Soon, the battle to stop Instrumentality begins. Unit 13 begins generating its own Gates of Guf, and the Failures of Infinity change to white and grow skeletal, bird-like heads, becoming the Infinity Evas. In response, WILLE sends out Asuka and Mari in their respective Eva units. The Infinity Evas confront Asuka and Mari, while NERV’s Wunder and Unit 10 target the Wunder.

That’s all I got for now. I’ll get to the climax later.

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:11 am

Given the fact that we currently have no logical explanation for how Shinji will have his old plugsuit and be able to fly Evangelion Unit 01 without the risk of causing the AAA Wunder to crash I think the only things I feel almost 100% sure I can predict are these: the attack of the Dark Wunder will cause panic and confusion inside the Wunder thus allowing Shinji to be able to perhaps leave his cell without being noticed, in one way or another Shinji, Gendo and Misato could meet inside one of the 2 flying warships, Shinji may have a verbal confrontation with his father.

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:28 am

For the old plugsuit there is such a thing as a flashback, which could easily happen while Shinji is reassessing his life - no shenanigans required!
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 6:40 am

View Original Postjedi_spectre1 wrote:My main predictions are this:

2. Shinji's purple eyes are part of a controlled god state, maybe Rei II now in the Eva is able to keep Shinji from going overboard.

4. Shinji will grow and mature through the movie

5. I actually think Instrumentality might not happen, or it will be radically different from NGE.

6. Gendo and Shinji will actually have a heart to heart during a final confrontation.

7. Kaworu will serve as a major antagonist to Shinji and Wille, but will be a sympathetic one.

I think some of these things could actually happen, especially Kaworu who could become a villian but maybe just make sure that Shinji can redeem himself in the eyes of the world.
Regarding the possible heart to heart between Shinji and Gendo, I am undecided as to whether I can really believe it can happen but I would love to see it happen.

For the old plugsuit there is such a thing as a flashback, which could easily happen while Shinji is reassessing his life - no shenanigans required!

Well to have the confirmation or denial of this we just have to wait a few more days

Archer
Matarael
Matarael

•      
  •      

Postby Archer » Fri Mar 05, 2021 9:56 am

- Old plugsuit Shinji and the Unit 01 vs. Unit 13 fight are part of a flashback to the timeskip and not something that happens during the “present” timeline.
- At least an hour of the movie’s runtime will be flashbacks. The first flashback will take place very early in the film.
- Mari will be revealed to have been under the “curse” since the beginning of the Eva project, and would’ve been about 10 years older than the kids in 1.0/2.0.
- The climax of the movie will be a callback to EoE’s instrumentality sequence, except instead of the world getting covered in the red crosses it’ll be the reverse.
- If any of the main characters are gonna die, it’s gonna be Misato.
- The movie is going to end with the environment being once again made safe for human habitation, but everything else isn’t going to magically return to normal, it just gives the survivors a better foundation to rebuild civilization.
- The ending will be the characters looking at the blue ocean from the beach that’s in all the promotional material. Like EoE, the ending will be left ambiguous (but with a definite hopeful tone) and there will be no “10 years later” epilogue to show how the kids turn out after they’re allowed to finally grow up.

Blockio
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:11 am

cracks knuckles here we go

-The pilots are the souls of the Adams, 01/06/13/Nebby their bodies and the Adams' Vessels their old cores
-Asuka and Mari will die in a Gunbuster reference
-The shot of Eva 13 from the trailer looking up will be after that, sitting on the corpse of one of their Evas
-Gendo absorbs himself into Eva 13
-Eva 07 will be Lilith's vessel
-Four Wunder-type warships to go with four Adams' vessels (active in the movie or implied existence, either goes)
-Unit 05/3rd angel was the test run for Wunder and Adams' vessels
-Ancient bird people
Most of these shamelessly ripped off from Reichu's theories

Less serious predictions:
-The "Unit 08" design from the Ha preview will be reused for Eva 07
-More Getter Robo references with Lilith
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:49 am

Somebody is gonna cry.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

CharPenPen
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby CharPenPen » Fri Mar 05, 2021 10:53 am

I fully expect some kind of restoring of the world or even a time travel/repeating lives scenario. Happy to be wrong, however.

Lacissal
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Lacissal » Fri Mar 05, 2021 12:37 pm

View Original PostBlockio wrote:-Ancient bird people

Hadn't been aware this was a theory as I spent an evening a month ago ecstatic, imagining myself to be the cleverest person on Earth for thinking that the ADAMs don't actually have globby alien heads, but Angel/Sachiel faces hiding in plain site:

SPOILER: Show

Blockio wrote:More Getter Robo references with Lilith

Ah, somebody's read Shin Getter!

Archer wrote: The movie is going to end with the environment being once again made safe for human habitation, but everything else isn’t going to magically return to normal, it just gives the survivors a better foundation to rebuild civilization.

My bets are that the Oceans will be made blue in a shot/sequence like the one from Daicon IV (which I think may be a reference to the end of the first series of Yamato)

other predictions:

-Nebuchadnezzar's Key isn't a syringe, it just acts like a key and slots into something like the giant crucifix Eva 13 is seen on in the trailer
-there'll be a scene of Unit 01 removing it's armour
-plenty of decapitation/strangulation symbolism
-in Shinstrumentlaity, Shinji is presented with a similar situation as in EoE, like to accept or reject Instrumentality, but here it's over the ability to send messages to the past, erasing your own actions and experiences, what makes you 'you'

EDIT- forget my one major belief, that the Angels in Rebuild were actually left behind as safeguards/a defence mechanism to prevent later races/beings from attempting or achieving Instrumentality

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”