Avoiding Khara's YouTube copyright claims?

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
AdamMalkovitch
Clockiel
Clockiel

Avoiding Khara's YouTube copyright claims?

•      
  •      

Postby AdamMalkovitch » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:25 pm

I really love making edits and music videos and shitty unfunny memes using NGE and NTE footage to post on my channel, but 9/10 times it'll get claimed and hidden by Khara. Like god damn I just want to use like 2 minutes of footage max bruh, I'm not uploading the whole goddamn franchise. Any tips on how to avoid this without ruining the video with a billion effects to fuck up the detection AI?
*injects Angel blood* I know what the fuck an EVA is now :)

Blockio
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Re: Avoiding Khara's YouTube copyright claims?

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:32 pm

You can't, that's just how youtube does things
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

pwhodges
A Lilin in Wonderland
A Lilin in Wonderland

•      
  •      

Postby pwhodges » Tue Jan 12, 2021 2:35 pm

It's called copyright...

And the so-called "fair usage" in some countries' copyright laws is never actually defined.
"Being human, having your health; that's what's important." (from: Magical Shopping Arcade Abenobashi )
"As long as we're all living, and as long as we're all having fun, that should do it, right?" (from: The Eccentric Family )
Avatar: The end of the journey (details); Past avatars.
Before 3.0+1.0 there was Afterwards... my post-Q Evangelion fanfic (discussion)

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Sat Jan 16, 2021 10:04 am

There is some definition of Fair Use in the United States, but it’s (by design) still very broad and unspecific in its goals.

I don’t know if Fair Use even exists in Japan; I just know Godzilla’s lawyers (Toho) are worse than he is, and Godzilla’s lawyers now have an invested interest in Shin Eva cases, so be careful with your Eva edits.

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”