Platinum Complete Manufacturing Error or Bootleg?

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Donut
Embryo

Platinum Complete Manufacturing Error or Bootleg?

•      
  •      

Postby Donut » Wed Dec 02, 2020 3:09 am

This may seem a bit pedantic but I have been scrutinizing a copy of Platinum Complete DVD's that just arrived. When I was looking to check their validity before I purchased it, I saw all the right signs (correctly styled G and seemingly proper DVD cases from the picture i was shown). Now that I have it in my hands the print on the front and back covers are noticeably lower than they should be and ever so slightly angled. I was wondering if this could be some kind of misprint or the more likely option of me being scammed.

https://imgur.com/a/rdTFBR3

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

Re: Platinum Complete Manufacturing Error or Bootleg?

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Wed Dec 02, 2020 7:54 am

You know, I'm really. not sure. I can never tell unless I see the two side-by-side. I have the Perfect:Platinum release, so I can't even compare it to my own copy. (Which I think is legit?)

Donut
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Donut » Wed Dec 02, 2020 11:09 am

When I get home from work this afternoon i’ll crop a picture of a 100% legit one next to mine.

AdamMalkovitch
Clockiel
Clockiel

•      
  •      

Postby AdamMalkovitch » Tue Jan 05, 2021 4:09 pm

Looks identical to mine, I didn't even know bootlegs could come as nice as this, so close to the real thing. Did some digging and found likely the same thread on here you did, EvaMonkey talking about the clear cases and the G. Seems we both have legit copies :tongue:
*injects Angel blood* I know what the fuck an EVA is now :)

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”