Will 3.0+1.0 still be a 2020 film or will it now be 2021?

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Thesufferingpumpkin
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Will 3.0+1.0 still be a 2020 film or will it now be 2021?

Postby Thesufferingpumpkin » Fri Sep 11, 2020 3:28 am

I always thought that the reason for a late June 2020 release was due to the fact the olympics would of started a couple of weeks later in Japan, so there would of not only been the entire world focused on Japan but also tourists from all over the world over there for the olympics. It made sense from a marketing point of view.

Due to Covid both are delayed, with the olympics in July 2021, do we think that 3.0+1.0 will release before then? I personally think it will held back until just before the olympics.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

Re: Will 3.0+1.0 still be a 2020 film or will it now be 2021?

Postby kuribo-04 » Fri Sep 11, 2020 6:36 am

I have a feeling they might do that.

I'd say this whole situation has shown that the future is unpredictable and I would try to release it ASAP. But maybe it's important for them to release it in that time frame. Hope they are happy with it since the first supposed released was "ruined" by the pandemic.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

TheFriskyIan
Lord Hamburger
Lord Hamburger

Postby TheFriskyIan » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:04 am

It's all still up in the air, hopefully we'll learn more in a month with the anniversary of NGE in October. Personally I'd think it makes more sense for Eva to release in the year of it's 25th Anniversary, but ultimately I'm not the head of Toho pushing movie releases along.
Please just call me Ian, "TheFrisky" is more of a title.

"Knowledge seeks no Man."

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

Postby The Eva Monkey » Fri Sep 11, 2020 7:51 am

We'll just need to wait and see, any discussion on the matter would just be pointless speculation.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”