Neon Genesis Evangelion: (Not) the End

Everything Evangelion Fanfiction related.

Moderators: Derantor, Board Staff

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

Re: Neon Genesis Evangelion: (Not) the End

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Mon Dec 12, 2016 5:31 am

View Original PostFyrstorm wrote:Maybe, maybe not.

Also, hot damn on a stick, I did not plan this out well enough. Where the hell do I put Nerv-UK?! My current considerations are either London or Manchester-- however, I know very little about Britain.

Fuck.

I always put it in my home-turf of Teesside (There are the old ICI plants there which from looks alone would be perfect especially when you consider they were part of the inspiration for the Blade Runner skyline :P) but that's usually as a little bit of a throwback because it's where I was born and raised.

You could probably get away with putting it on the outskirts of any major city really. Depends on how much you had the UK change after Second Impact too.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:20 am

View Original PostFyrstorm wrote:Maybe, maybe not.

Also, hot damn on a stick, I did not plan this out well enough. Where the hell do I put Nerv-UK?! My current considerations are either London or Manchester-- however, I know very little about Britain.

Fuck.

I would imagine that Nerv would be in London as its the central city this would also put it close to the Queen's home guard and ensures its protection as its strongest in London (This is due to 7/7 bombing attacks) Its also where the SIS, M15, M16 intelligence divisions are (Please ignore everything in Bond movies as they no longer reflect modern London ) Also London is massively multi cultural and diverse and when writing it, its very important as you can add in thing like street foods and markets so Mari's trip would be very interesting in places.

SPOILER: Show
Last edited by silvermoonlight on Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3
Sequel As The Divine Light Breaks For download version please go to AO3

Fyrstorm
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Fyrstorm » Tue Dec 13, 2016 3:15 am

After many lengths and hardships and blah blah blah I'm going with silver's suggestion. The base is in London.
My ongoing fanfics: NGE: (Not) the End, Evangelion: Regenesis

Winking Mari makes my heart go doki doki
We're all Asuka-fanboys? I take great exception to that. It's Mari I want to plow nine ways from Sunday, if you don't mind.

What? She's 28 now.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Tue Dec 13, 2016 6:19 am

Fyrstorm wrote:Chapter 031 is finally up. Yaaaaaaaay... (God, I'm tired)

Chapter was excellent, including Mari's little trip back home, also, does have some sad parts, but that's what makes NGE... well NGE. What I really loved was all the details on how beast mode affects the body, mind, and soul/A.T. Field were very well thought out. Can't wait till the Chapter 32!
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Fyrstorm
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Fyrstorm » Fri Jan 06, 2017 1:41 am

Chapter 032 is slowly inching along, don't you worry. In the meantime... here's some hypothetical book covers/movie posters for Not the End!

Part 1: You Are (Never) Alone
Chapters 001-014

Part 2 : You Can (Always) Advance
Chapters 015-030

Let me say, I am damn proud of the second one!

We're all Asuka-fanboys? I take great exception to that. It's Mari I want to plow nine ways from Sunday, if you don't mind.

What? She's 28 now.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:37 am

View Original PostFyrstorm wrote:Chapter 032 is slowly inching along, don't you worry. In the meantime... here's some hypothetical book covers/movie posters for Not the End!

Part 1: You Are (Never) Alone
Chapters 001-014

Part 2 : You Can (Always) Advance
Chapters 015-030

Let me say, I am damn proud of the second one!

I love the cover art :D
Anywhere can be paradise as long as you have the will to live. After all, you are alive, so you will always have the chance to be happy.

My Eva fanfiction ff.net Fading In To The Stolen Light For download version please go to AO3

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Tue Jan 10, 2017 8:39 am

Really nice work on the cover art! I always love seeing people expending their fics with artwork and even the hypothetical OST like you've done. Looking forward to seeing the next bit of your story too :)

Fyrstorm
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Fyrstorm » Mon Jan 16, 2017 3:47 am

More than a month later, and Chapter 032 is finally done! God, that took so friggin' long! I'm more relieved than satisfied with it, but that's just fine. 033 is likely to come a lot faster (partially because shaken-up Mari is really unnatural to write, partially because I'm just as comfortable writing Shinji/Rei interactions as I am Asuka/Mari).

What? She's 28 now.

jcmoorehead
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby jcmoorehead » Mon Jan 16, 2017 5:33 am

Can understand that about a shaken up Mari, writing her as being upset/unhappy does seem a bit unnatural at times. As mentioned in my review and on SV you did do a great job with it though.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Mon Jan 16, 2017 8:16 am

Nice to see your back ^_^

Really enjoyed your new chapter.
Hopefully they'll both finally figure it out

Fyrstorm
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Fyrstorm » Mon Jan 30, 2017 2:22 am

Quick announcements.

1) 033 is in the works, and everything's planned out. However, school's starting up tomorrow for me, so updates may slow.

2) as Illustrious Thesis is basically (temporarily) dead at this point, I was thinking of starting up a certain other story idea I'd had-- A Crimson Sunrise.
View Original PostFyrstorm wrote:
A Crimson Sunset  SPOILER: Show
Some time after episode 20, while Shinji's still stuck in Unit-01, Kaworu arrives a little early. More than a month and a half early, to be specific. Asuka, frustrated by her constantly dropping Synch Ratio, accidentally runs into him one day. Kaworu attempts to strike up a little bit of a chat, while Asuka attempts to not participate in the conversation at all-- though he's so affable it's hard to completely hate the guy.

Of course, the weird German albino shows up in her (massively smaller from evacuations) class the next day, and greets her with the same appreciative formality (I'm thinking 'Frau Langley' or something like that) as he did yesterday. And he keeps being nice. Genuinely pleasant. It's a little baffling.

Essentially, Kaworu (who knows his death's inevitable, having lived through it several times by this point (cycling shenanigans)) is trying to make another friend and help someone out of their downwards spiral. Someone who isn't Shinji, because Shinji won't get out of the giant robot. I wouldn't plan for any AsuKaworu shipping or anything, just the two of them tentatively becoming friends, and Kaworu helping Asuka deal with her problems. I mean, there's no way that he's going to solve all her traumas and issues, but it'd hopefully be enough that she doesn't get kicked off the piloting roster/jump the gun and get mindraped by Arael/try to kill herself/suffer horribly in other ways. I don't like it when the kids suffer too much, Asuka especially.

---

Also, other little thing related to that; I can kinda see one exchange where Kaworu tries Rei's 'open your heart to the Eva' tactic in a slightly different way...

K: You just have to open yourself to the Eva, show it your heart...
A: Show it my heart? Bah, what are you talking about-- it's not like it's alive or something idiot!
K: In that case...
K: ...it wouldn't hurt you, would it? If your Eva is not alive, then you don't have to worry about what it'll think of you. Isn't that true?
A: ...
K: Just give it a try, Frau Langley. If it doesn't go well... you can take it out on me.

I don't know.

3) This:
“Um…” the girl said. “I’m… not really sure. Maybe…” Lacking ideas, the Fifth decided to go with her standard approach; ask Asuka to help. “...maybe whatever Princess has in mind?” she finished, smiling awkwardly.
Asuka blinked.
“...Eh?”
“I… er… don’t know, Princess,” Mari explained, twiddling her thumbs. “You… you go.”

What? She's 28 now.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Mon Jan 30, 2017 10:38 am

View Original PostFyrstorm wrote:Quick announcements.

1) 033 is in the works, and everything's planned out. However, school's starting up tomorrow for me, so updates may slow.

2) as Illustrious Thesis is basically (temporarily) dead at this point, I was thinking of starting up a certain other story idea I'd had-- A Crimson Sunrise.

3) This:
“Um…” the girl said. “I’m… not really sure. Maybe…” Lacking ideas, the Fifth decided to go with her standard approach; ask Asuka to help. “...maybe whatever Princess has in mind?” she finished, smiling awkwardly.
Asuka blinked.
“...Eh?”
“I… er… don’t know, Princess,” Mari explained, twiddling her thumbs. “You… you go.”

Hi there looking forward to your next update, my advice would be just to finish (Not) the end as you can always return to Illustrious Thesis and do a rewrite later down the line when the ideas come to you :)

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:07 pm

View Original PostFyrstorm wrote:Quick announcements.

3) This:
Asuka blinked.
“...Eh?”

Chapter 32 was good, I left a review as always, I just can't wait until Mari gets better. Her being sad and unsure of herself is odd, but

Can't wait until Chapter 33, the new story looks interesting enough, certainly hearing the term "Frau Langley" should be funny enough, but like Silvermoonlight said, don't give up on the Illustrious Thesis just yet, give it time, sometimes things will come to you. It was a great concept, and I would be sad to see it go by the wayside. Can't wait to see what's next though!
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Fyrstorm
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Fyrstorm » Sat Feb 11, 2017 4:21 am

Damn, I really want to include a dance scene for one/both of the couples* with a certain song in it (thank you, Deadpool). My only problem is dealing with the story structure-- and well, that's still something I can deal with, even if it takes a while. Honestly, I want to be selfish and give it to my favourite pair... and you know what, why not? I'm a do it.

*Rei and Shinji's relationship isn't going to be nearly as... romantic(?) as Asuka and Mari's, and certainly not as emotionally co-dependent as theirs, but it's still a pair of sorts. Trust me, these kids don't all need romance.

Relevant:

I can never find pictures with Mari as the 'crying from emotion' one, so these'll have to do.

What? She's 28 now.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Tue Feb 14, 2017 7:24 am

View Original PostFyrstorm wrote:Damn, I really want to include a dance scene for one/both of the couples* with a certain song in it (thank you, Deadpool). My only problem is dealing with the story structure-- and well, that's still something I can deal with, even if it takes a while. Honestly, I want to be selfish and give it to my favourite pair... and you know what, why not? I'm a do it.

*Rei and Shinji's relationship isn't going to be nearly as... romantic(?) as Asuka and Mari's, and certainly not as emotionally co-dependent as theirs, but it's still a pair of sorts. Trust me, these kids don't all need romance.

I look forward to the next chapters :)
Last edited by silvermoonlight on Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:25 am, edited 1 time in total.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Tue Feb 21, 2017 10:09 am

Fyrstorm wrote:Damn, I really want to include a dance scene for one/both of the couples* with a certain song in it (thank you, Deadpool). My only problem is dealing with the story structure-- and well, that's still something I can deal with, even if it takes a while. Honestly, I want to be selfish and give it to my favourite pair... and you know what, why not? I'm a do it.

Relevant:

I can never find pictures with Mari as the 'crying from emotion' one, so these'll have to do.

Someone best be holding a boombox over their head, and that seems like it would be Asuka's responsibility considering the state of things.

Fyrstorm
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Fyrstorm » Sat Mar 04, 2017 2:03 am

View Original PostDarkBluePhoenix wrote:Someone best be holding a boombox over their head, and that seems like it would be Asuka's responsibility considering the state of things.

Bah, like Asuka's going to waste time holding up a boombox when there's a Mari to deal with! No, she'd just hand it over to someone else. After all, it's hard to dance when you're holding a big hunk of plastic and metal.

What? She's 28 now.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Sat Mar 04, 2017 5:24 am

View Original PostFyrstorm wrote:Bah, like Asuka's going to waste time holding up a boombox when there's a Mari to deal with! No, she'd just hand it over to someone else. After all, it's hard to dance when you're holding a big hunk of plastic and metal.

What about a walkman S model with its speakers dock? She could put it on the table next to them plus its small enough that it could go in a bag. ^_^

Fyrstorm
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Fyrstorm » Wed Mar 08, 2017 2:31 am

Well, that'd be a plan.

Speaking of (secret) plans, Chapter 033 is finally finished! Yeah! :asuka_happy:

What? She's 28 now.

silvermoonlight
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby silvermoonlight » Wed Mar 08, 2017 5:45 am

Nice to see you back great chapter so there going on a date very cute
:marihearts:

So It might end like this then?

Return to “Fanfiction”