Stuff that you would like to see in Evangelion 3.0+1.0

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

Re: Stuff that you would like to see in 3+1

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Wed Sep 20, 2017 3:28 pm

View Original PostSachi wrote:Shinji and Misato have not had a real conversation since 2.0, when Shinji chooses to run away again after Bardiel.

Godammit Sachi, you're gonna make me cry. I hadn't realized that fact in a long time.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:45 pm

View Original PostDarkBluePhoenix wrote:It would be nice if Misato and Shinji could forgive each other for everything that's gone on, eve if its just a smile at the end of the movie before the credits roll.

FreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:Godammit Sachi, you're gonna make me cry. I hadn't realized that fact in a long time.

I would say my opinion on the future of Shinji and Misatos relationship after the events of 3.33 has. . . softened a bit. But my final word on the Rebuilds still rests entirely on if they can reconcile with each other. IF They can reconcile with each other. No "smile before the end credits' BS.

But it's still been a decade and a half. There's a lot of resentment and bitterness from all sides . . . I don't know. I mean, I guess it's possible. But I don't know, and with Anno directing I probably wont know even when we get to the end credits.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Wed Sep 20, 2017 11:49 pm

Would a smile not symbolize reconciliation? I don't understand what is BS about using a simple smile to convey a positive message. Ultimately understanding is what is important for these characters, not the apologies. And I don't believe Misato is incapable of understanding Shinji and what he's going through, or else she would have pulled the trigger when she had the chance. Shinji is the one acting childish, not her. And don't forget, that's exactly how Q treats Shinji: as a bratty child, not an irredeemable villain. In the end, Misato wishes the best for Shinji, like anyone would for their child, but she also has her own priorities which she has a responsibility for
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot
Location: Somewhere between the light in my heart and the darkness in my soul

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Thu Sep 21, 2017 12:35 pm

And a smile in this series being the ending shot of something isn't out of the realm considering Rei's smile in Episode 6, the manga, and 1.11, so it would be in Anno's wheelhouse to fix thier relationship with something as simple as a smile or even a hug.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Thu Sep 21, 2017 1:44 pm

Shinji smiling is at the very end of NGE and I can see it in the movie, but I'm not sure that Misato will survive,
Spoilers on Captain Nemo from Nadia  SPOILER: Show
dying like Captain Nemo from Nadia is very probable in my opinion given how she clearly resemble him in Q.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:14 pm

I don't think the smiling would need to necessarily be right before the credits. You can fit it into anywhere in the third act, really. It's possible Misato could sacrifice herself after a moment of reconciliation with Shinji during the climax.
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:41 pm

View Original PostJoseki wrote:Shinji smiling is at the very end of NGE and I can see it in the movie, but I'm not sure that Misato will survive,
Spoilers on Captain Nemo from Nadia  SPOILER: Show
dying like Captain Nemo from Nadia is very probable in my opinion given how she clearly resemble him in Q.

Well, that would be a unique way to get Unit-01 back in the fight, if the Wunder is destroyed, and Misato uses it as an opportunity to forgive Shinji by trusting him once again to fix everything.

And the smile doesn't necessarily have to be at the end, that would just be ideal, where Misato doesn't die and they can reconcile and all that. BUt this is Evangelion, so it could go either way.
Avatar - Heero Yuy, pilot of Wing Gundam Zero. If you want to read my NGE fanfic go to my profile here - DarkBluePhoenix on FanFiction.net or DarkBluePhoenix on AO3

Voted in college to be Most likely to Take Over the World, how to do that however, will require at least Four Evangelions. Thanks for the idea Misato-san!
"Now I am become Death, the destroyer of worlds." Said at the beginning of the nuclear age by J. Robert Oppenheimer.
"That which does not kill us makes us stronger." Words of Wisdom from German Philosopher Friedrich Nietzsche.

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Thu Sep 21, 2017 2:46 pm

I'm not so positive about Misato surviving the film. I've tested the winds and they are not in her favor. Though I'm sure she'll get an epic finale. Not the same gritty death as in EoE.
- Sachi

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Fri Sep 22, 2017 3:14 am

And when she does I'll be like.

"I'M SORRY ANNO I DIDN'T MEAN IT!"

Snow
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Snow » Wed Sep 27, 2017 2:38 pm

View Original PostSachi wrote:I'm not so positive about Misato surviving the film. I've tested the winds and they are not in her favor. Though I'm sure she'll get an epic finale. Not the same gritty death as in EoE.

I agree. I suspect that she will go down with AAA Wunder in the end, as her Commanding Officer, which would make it quite an honorable end for her. Although i assume Commander Ikari will suffer the same fate, i find a scenario where he would survive interesting. However, that would likely give an excuse for another sequel...
Fuyutsuki did nothing wrong.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Wed Sep 27, 2017 4:58 pm

View Original PostSnow wrote:I agree. I suspect that she will go down with AAA Wunder in the end, as her Commanding Officer, which would make it quite an honorable end for her. Although i assume Commander Ikari will suffer the same fate, i find a scenario where he would survive interesting. However, that would likely give an excuse for another sequel...

I see Gendo having just as horrific of a death as he did in EoE, perhaps this time even at Shinji's hands. Would be an interesting plot twist

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:55 pm

I would really like to know the context of this visual from the 3.0 trailer. I still feel robbed.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Wed Sep 27, 2017 5:59 pm

I just realized in that photo that Gendo has a full beard.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:13 pm

View Original PostThe Eva Monkey wrote:I would really like to know the context of this visual from the 3.0 trailer. I still feel robbed.

It looks like their going into a canyon of some sort, and have been travelling for time. He also seems to be wearing regular glasses again. But I'm more curious if that's a mule or a donkey.

Also, just a question, how old would Fuyutsuki be at this point?

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Wed Sep 27, 2017 7:55 pm

They ate the donkey.

What more do you need to know?

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:52 pm

View Original PostGendo'sPapa wrote:They ate the donkey.

What more do you need to know?

Fresh meat is hard to find after the apocalypse.

DarkBluePhoenix
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby DarkBluePhoenix » Wed Sep 27, 2017 8:54 pm

That poor donkey... I guess they named him dinner.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Wed Sep 27, 2017 9:51 pm

View Original PostDarkBluePhoenix wrote:But I'm more curious if that's a mule or a donkey.

Pretty sure it's supposed to be a donkey, based on its proportions.

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Thu Sep 28, 2017 1:40 am

View Original PostThe Eva Monkey wrote:I would really like to know the context of this visual from the 3.0 trailer. I still feel robbed.

The donkey clearly knows what Gendo has planned, just loot at its face, it's sad and scared.

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Thu Sep 28, 2017 6:08 am

The preview at the end of Eva Jo brings me too much uproarious laughter after the release of Eva Q for me to really want to relate to it any other way; especially with the two films being as much of an emotional roller coaster as they are.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”