Episode 23 Impact Mechanics

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Eliaskar
Lilith

Episode 23 Impact Mechanics

•      
  •      

Postby Eliaskar » Sun Mar 06, 2016 3:53 pm

I just finished rewatching Episode 23 DC, as i'm rewatching the whole series so there may be some aspects of how Impact's work that I have forgotten, but i'm concerned about the fight with Armisael in the episode.

1. Wouldn't Armisael merging with Unit-00 cause an Impact?

2. If not Unit-00, then surely it would with Unit-01 as its a clone of Lilith with the Fruit of Life?

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Re: Episode 23 Impact Mechanics

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sun Mar 06, 2016 4:35 pm

The combination that was going to happen there was (or at least seems potentially) pretty dangerous, yeah...

Angel (Armisael)*
Eva born of Adam
Rei = Lilith's Soul
Eva born of Lilith
Shinji (Lilin)

* Some speculation holds that Armisael was accompanied by the souls of her deceased siblings, as well.

So you've got Lilith and Adam's flesh, Lilith's soul, and not one but TWO potential Impact triggers (an Angel and a Lilin). The only thing that's unclear is whether or not Eva-01 could serve as a Lilith surrogate without a Spear or replica thereof being involved. That Gendo mobilized Eva-01 against Armisael's threat suggests he wasn't worried about an Impact happening there. What he did seem concerned about was the Angel amalgam growing out of Eva-00's back, since that's what prompted him to act.

NGE2 sadly provides no further information here, since the DC version of Armisael's attack shows up nowhere in the game. Too bad.
Last edited by Reichu on Sun Mar 06, 2016 7:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Eliaskar
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Eliaskar » Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:00 pm

View Original PostReichu wrote:The combination that was going to happen there was pretty dangerous, yeah... (snip)

SEELE seem pretty confident in EoE that they can initiate Third Impact without the Spear, up until it arrives. Though they're winging it by that point. Perhaps a replica would work, but I don't think its as good as the real thing.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Sun Mar 06, 2016 5:34 pm

View Original PostEliaskar wrote:SEELE seem pretty confident in EoE that they can initiate Third Impact without the Spear, up until it arrives.

That's why I mentioned "replica thereof". Seele are using nine replicas on Eva-01.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”