New Evangelion scene(Final?) found in Eva Q pachinko trailer

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
unitM
Ramiel
Ramiel

New Evangelion scene(Final?) found in Eva Q pachinko trailer

Postby unitM » Mon May 04, 2015 1:12 pm

Hi guys. An Eva pachinko machine trailer popped up on my Twitter feed. I decided what the hell and watched it. The trailer was littered with flashy merchandise and with scenes already found in Q. One scene stood out though.

It appears to be(judging by the sleeve) Misato clenching someone's hand. The animation is less than a second long but you can see that she is clearly gripping the hand.

The background of the scene(the dark red setting) doesn't seem like something outside of Q, where the NERV HQ was an industrial red complex.

Edit
the Tweet in mention: https://twitter.com/evageeks/status/595058440403177472
the video in mention http://youtu.be/LUlYP8DmVB8 (the scene is at 00:30)

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

Postby UrsusArctos » Mon May 04, 2015 1:24 pm

That scene is from 1.0, when Misato holds Shinji's hand and takes him down to Lilith's chamber. It's nothing new - in fact, it's ancient!
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

unitM
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby unitM » Mon May 04, 2015 1:31 pm

View Original PostUrsusArctos wrote:That scene is from 1.0, when Misato holds Shinji's hand and takes him down to Lilith's chamber. It's nothing new - in fact, it's ancient!
Oh shit. Thread over.

Guy Nacks
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Guy Nacks » Mon May 04, 2015 1:39 pm

Another false alarm. Lock 'er up, boys.
Among the people who use the Internet, many are obtuse. Because they are locked in their rooms, they hang on to that vision which is spreading across the world. But this does not go beyond mere ‘data’. Data without analysis [thinking], which makes you think that you know everything. This complacency is nothing but a trap. Moreover, the sense of values that counters this notion is paralyzed by it.

And so we arrive at demagogy. - Hideaki Anno, 1996

unitM
Ramiel
Ramiel

Postby unitM » Mon May 04, 2015 1:55 pm

sticks the lock key up his butt

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”