Non-Eva Anime and Manga discussion

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Wed Jun 03, 2015 7:25 pm

Jesus H. Christ! That Chanela episode had some unfair share of animal abuse with Shingo kicking Luna. Geez brat, I can understand your fear of neko but still... :bigeyes:

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

•      
  •      

Postby ZapX » Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:39 am

Ok, guys, so I'm trying to make a Yaten X Doorknobder AMV, but it's proving very difficult. Can anyone help me out? It's my favorite ship but they're like never on screen together.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

[Windows Only, sorry!] Sailor V Visual Novel: Route Venus

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Jun 30, 2015 3:29 pm

View Original PostZapX wrote:Can anyone help me out? It's my favorite ship but they're like never on screen together.

Here you go, boss:

____

Butt-covering Disclaimer: Sailormoon belongs to PNP/Toei/Kodansha/VIZ. This game's a fan work, not for sale or rent!

So! In honor of Usagi's birthday today, I finished my work in progress for the past several months.

Ever wonder just what Minako was up to in between Codename: Sailor V and her arrival in the Sailor Moon manga? Here's my take on things!

Similar to my 2010 Eva 2.22/3.33 Visual Novel, this Sailor Moon VN about Sailor V is my love letter to the metaseries.

This is based on the manga, so spoilers for that and SM Crystal if you haven't completed 'em.

Credits and special thanks (and there's A LOT :sweatdrop: ) during the game credits, naturally. My apologies that this VN is Windows-only!

In order to play Route Venus: Be sure to have the latest version of DirectX installed for proper gameplay! Included with the game is a recent fmodex.dll file from the latest Visual Novelty download. Be sure these files are in the same folder that you have the game saved into.

You can save the game at any point (you can play via either the mouse or the space bar). Aside from some glitches because the program's in Beta, I'm overall extremely pleased how this turned out--considering just how hectic life has been this year!

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?tals7mk26kla0ll/

Sample pictures: Sidenote: While certain graphics/etc might not be accurate, please use your imagination. I worked with what I had!

SPOILER: Show

Visual Novelty IS something of a buggy program (for instance, it tends to crash for me once the game credits complete) since it's been in beta-mode for quite awhile, so be sure to save often. (In general, a good practice for video games. You never know what lies ahead. :wink: )

I think total gameplay is around an hour (depends on how fast you scroll through things, but it's meant to be taken slow) with the various ends and game overs, although I didn't clock it.

Please enjoy! Any questions or thoughts? Post 'em here!
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

ZapX
Guided by the New Era
Guided by the New Era

Re: [Windows Only, sorry!] Sailor V Visual Novel: Route Venu

•      
  •      

Postby ZapX » Tue Jun 30, 2015 10:34 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Here you go, boss:

This is why you're my wife.
ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ"Stop watching anime. it makes you think all girls are incredibly hot and shy, and there are 10 that all want your boner which just isn't true." -Brik-aniki

"I CAN'T HELP IT THAT I WANT TO EAT MY OWN VULVA AND SHARE IT WITH A LOVED ONE!"-Reichu

"I have a fetish for naked women with stigmata playing ping pong in the mud. Is there a name for that?" -Kaiser O-Ornette-dono-sama

“Don’t do that; that was probably hooker money.” -SSD on me holding money with my mouth

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Jul 03, 2015 12:43 pm

Wed Jul 01, 2015 8:57 am original post:

Gus Hanson: Exactly why DIC cut the episode alongside several other ones back in the 90's. Crazy stuff, huh? Episode 6 with Wakamoto (jazz musician) is one of my personal favorite "filler" in Season 1. Was nice to have those 7 episodes of Usagi fighting on her own--and sometimes showing her stuff----before Ami and Rei show up.

Zappy-kun: :asuka_thumbsup:

Folks on Twitter and the SM Forums seem to enjoy the game so far--I guess the "save anywhere" feature really is a Godsend too :lol:
_____

On another note, it's funny how I went from thinking the 'Moon SH Figuarts were too tiny, to only having Venus, to these days having 4 of the girls. Maybe one day we'll have the whole Team (& Mamo-chan?), but $40-50 a figure makes it tough, what with RL priorities.

July 3rd edit:

S dub cast announced at Anime Expo!

VIZ Usagi's dad is also going to be Professor Tomoe. (lolwut?) I guess Usagi's dad being Tomoe isn't so weird since Serena's mom was also Michelle...

Veronica Taylor (the original Ash in Pokeymons) is Sailor Pluto (first appears in SM R), who couldn't be at the event.

It's cool but a little surreal to see the official Toei Twitter tweeting (adorable Engrish and all) about the A/X 'Moon panel.

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Wed Jul 08, 2015 6:15 pm

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=0bsRdeG2Zso

Did you know there was a Sailor Moon beat em up fighting game?

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Jul 15, 2015 8:57 pm

Yep, that's the European Arcade game (aka for MAME emulators, these days) where a lot of my in-game resources are from. :D

Sailor Moon had TONS of games back in the day, mainly SNES and some later era ones (PSX/Sega Saturn fighting game).

Fingers crossed the Crystal series helps create a new 'Moon game--There was an Italian Nintendo DS game but it wasn't very good (I tried playing some of it, couldn't figure it out).

____

Any thoughts on my VN so far, folks? I've noticed there's been 42 downloads, so... Just a little worried since I haven't gotten much feedback--good or bad--on it.

EDIT:

The newest Sera Myu WILL Have subtitle glasses in the theater :D

Shamsiel-kun
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby Shamsiel-kun » Thu Jul 16, 2015 11:31 am

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Yep, that's the European Arcade game (aka for MAME emulators, these days) where a lot of my in-game resources are from. :D

Sailor Moon had TONS of games back in the day, mainly SNES and some later era ones (PSX/Sega Saturn fighting game).

The Saturn game apparently is pretty bad due to HORRIBLE game controls.

Gus Hanson
Authentic Wizard
Authentic Wizard

•      
  •      

Postby Gus Hanson » Fri Jul 31, 2015 3:15 pm

I saw Ami's debut episode last night in which Luna makes the incorrect assumption that she's the episode's MotW. This might be my own preference only but i really enjoy the episodes better when Usagi is working with her fellow Sailor Guardians. Only one more episode in between Rei's intro and i can't wait!

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Jul 31, 2015 7:06 pm

It's always fun to get new thoughts from fans about the episodes--Glad to hear you're enjoying them! ^_^ I never understood DIC's reasoning for making it seem Ami was a transfer student when she was there all along--At least PGSM (live action) had a quick shot of Ami in episode 1, even.

Get used to the Moon/Mercury/Mars trio, is all I can say. :lol:

Shamsiel-kun: As I understand it (reviews, Youtube, etc), the PSX version is even worse, and lacks the anime cutscenes the Saturn version has. Guess I dodged a bullet by not importing the PSX game liked I wanted to when I was a teenager! I really like the various SNES (Well, Super Famicom) and arcade games out there, those are fun.

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:42 pm

I started watching Sailor Moon R, and am currently 3 episodes in.

So, immediately I'm noticing it heavily diverges from the original manga. I don't know if En and Ali are going to be the main villains for the rest of this season (I doubt it somehow) but I'll be interested to see how they take the story given how many critical developments originate from the Black Moon Arc of the manga.

In any case, I absolutely love Ali and En. Their petty squabbling and ludicrous infidelity are just hilarious, and their designs are cool as all hell too. I hope they don't job too quickly, because I'm finding them to be a lot of fun.

Everything else is pretty much the same as before so far- goofy humour and jovial character interaction, with a small hint of seriousness and some badass action- and I have to say, I love it. I was also pleased to see a Jupiter-centric subplot in episode 3- she is my favourite after all.

As for complaints, I don't really have any (yet) other than the aforementioned bizarre divergence from the manga and the somewhat questionable animation quality at times...but then I am only 3 episodes in.

So yeah. I'm loving it so far.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Rosenakahara
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Rosenakahara » Thu Aug 13, 2015 6:53 pm

I freaking love R, its a really good season and im glad you are enjoying it. keep us updated :P
"She had better march back here and try again! I only send people off on my terms! ...Or in a casket."
I don't need a scabbard to sheathe my mind
What is going on is a concerted effort from anti-progressives to silence anyone who disagrees with them.-Bagheera 2016
The Twelve Kingdoms discussion thread

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Aug 14, 2015 11:17 am

If you love those 2, you'll love the seiyuu/character homages in the R movie!

So, no thoughts from anybody on my V visual novel? Thought for sure folks here would enjoy it!

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Fri Aug 14, 2015 12:08 pm

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:If you love those 2, you'll love the seiyuu/character homages in the R movie!

So, no thoughts from anybody on my V visual novel? Thought for sure folks here would enjoy it!

Whoops! I meant to get round to downloading it but like an idiot I totally forgot. I'll download it and play it ASAP.
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Aug 15, 2015 3:08 pm

Hope you enjoy it! ^_^ Do keep posting your thoughts on R, too.

But yes, the first half was created as filler so Naoko could get ahead in the manga (with the new at the time Black Moon arc) since the popularity was unexpected. (First half of R stands for "Returns", second half is "Romance", according to a Japanese SM data book.)

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Sat Aug 15, 2015 4:06 pm

Just played though your VN...

Got a bad end. :(

(Although I'm a little confused as to how Kunzite getting his arse kicked and Usagi realizing she's the princess- which is pretty much how the story goes- constitutes a bad end...unless I'm missing something?)
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:46 am

Minako getting down on herself that she couldn't protect the Princess alone--She needs to remember teamwork!

Hope the saving and all that is pretty straightforward?

Ray
Elder God
Elder God

•      
  •      

Postby Ray » Mon Aug 17, 2015 4:00 pm

With apologies to Sailor Stardust. -o-;

Squigsquasher
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Squigsquasher » Mon Aug 17, 2015 5:09 pm

View Original PostRay wrote:

With apologies to Sailor Stardust. -o-;

Jesus Jupiter's gone cock-eyed and aaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh
Here lies Squigsquasher.
2013-2017.

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Aug 21, 2015 12:08 pm

Hah, I'm surprised I haven't seen that one before. But yes, the girls look frightening! :scared:

Return to “Anime and Manga”