Could Fuyutsuki be Shinji's real father?

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Dima
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Dima » Wed May 01, 2013 8:48 am

Crazy idea i know but not entirely impossible.Fuyutsuki had a very good relationship with Yui,they were spending a lot of time together and there is a high chance that she loved her as it is implied.Yui was friendly to him even after she was in a relationship with Gendo.

Gendo probably was aware of Fuyutsuki feeling towards Yui but he didn't have any problems with that.He took him down into the Geofront,showed him EVA and asked him to join the team.Fuyutsuki wouldn't haave accepted if it wasn't for Yui and that's where the first question comes.Why Fuytsuki didn't left when Yui died?Surely Gendo explained him his plan but i dont think Fuyutsuki was thinking so high of Gendo at that time so he could agree to continue working with him.

Also why Gendo decided to take Fuyutsuki into his team.Surely Yui talked about him and how great he was but why Gendo invited the man who had feelings for his wife?

And then we have Gendo feelings towards Shinji.He abandoned him,rarely speaked with him,made him feel like a trash all the time,never ceared etc,etc.Even if he was afraid of not being a good dad for Shinji like he says in EOE that's no reason for behaving like that.

So my clueless theory goes like that.At some point Yui had a short relationship with Fuyutsuki,left pregant,meeted with Gendo and decided to marry.Yui was aware that Shinji is Fuyutsuki's child and she wanted the father of the child to be with him so she asked Gendo to take him into the team.Gendo knew it all form the start but didn't have any problem so he decided to have Fuyutsuki in his team after Yui's desire.

Crazy huh?
There was a signature here. It's gone now....... - This is (not) a Silent Hill's reference
Members on my ignore list: Bagheera, pwhodges, Nuclear Lunchbox, Rosenakahara

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

Postby UrsusArctos » Wed May 01, 2013 9:31 am

Way too far-fetched. Besides, Yui herself says that Shinji is Gendo's son in EoE. And father and son have a very strong resemblance to one another.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Blue Monday
Angel
Angel

Postby Blue Monday » Wed May 01, 2013 9:49 am

Sure, why not.
"Eva(Geeks) is a story that repeats."
Warren Peace, #643919

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Dream » Wed May 01, 2013 10:13 am

View Original PostBlue Monday wrote:Sure, why not.

I have a feeling this is the only we'll be able to give to some of the future discussion threads.

I'm sorry but right now i can't be bothered to write a proper reply to OP's argument. But basically, it's way too far-fetched, it wouldn't add anything thematically, and there doesn't seem to be any evidence or reasoning backing up this claim.
"Every line is a joy" -Kaworu Nagisa.

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed May 01, 2013 10:14 am

I'm sure we already had this thread, but I couldn't find it on a cursory search.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Dima
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Dima » Wed May 01, 2013 10:25 am

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:I'm sure we already had this thread, but I couldn't find it on a cursory search.

LOL same here.At first i thought that somebody else made a similar thread,went to search but didn't find it.
There was a signature here. It's gone now....... - This is (not) a Silent Hill's reference

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Dream » Wed May 01, 2013 10:29 am

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:I'm sure we already had this thread, but I couldn't find it on a cursory search.

Corporal Chaos made a very similar argument in one of the really old discussion threads, although i'm not very sure if he was joking.

ObsessiveMathsFreak
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

Postby ObsessiveMathsFreak » Wed May 01, 2013 4:05 pm

While Yui certainly did lead Fuyutsuki up the garden path, I very much doubt it was ever into the bushes.

Nothing about Fuyutsuki's attitude to Shinji suggests that he regards him in any significant way. Ina "Philadelphia here I come", Master Boyle sense, Fuyutsuki might have been Shinji's father, but it wasn't to be.
[Became an administrator on or before October 4th, 2007.]
May The Maths Be With You.

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Dream » Wed May 01, 2013 4:08 pm

View Original PostObsessiveMathsFreak wrote:While Yui certainly did lead Fuyutsuki up the garden path, I very much doubt it was ever into the bushes.

Hue hue.

And now that you mention it, it is kind of odd how Fuyutsuki never tries to contact Yui's son or give him some guidance, considering how much of a kind and idealistic person he is, one would think he'd at least try to help or guide the children.

Elect G-Max
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Elect G-Max » Wed May 01, 2013 4:19 pm

Fuyutsuki and Yui were just friends.

This show has enough epileptic trees, kthxbye
"Whatever the story or the development of the characters, I made them without a plan... We only started working on the next script once the previous one was done." - Anno, 1996

"Sometimes, putting your toothbrush in its holder upside down can express your feelings towards life in general, your secret desire to commit suicide, the feelings for your long-lost mother that you never got to know, and your favorite color. But sometimes that toothbrush is simply a toothbrush." - Nuclear Lunchbox

Felipe
Adam

Postby Felipe » Wed May 01, 2013 4:43 pm

Of course not. He's his grandfather.

BOOM
Huh.

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby Dream » Wed May 01, 2013 4:47 pm

View Original PostFelipe wrote:Of course not. He's his grandfather.

BOOM

Win.

Elect G-Max
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Elect G-Max » Wed May 01, 2013 5:07 pm

Hmmm... Fuyusuki IS the right age to be the father of either Yui or Gendo... or both...

...ewwwww
"Whatever the story or the development of the characters, I made them without a plan... We only started working on the next script once the previous one was done." - Anno, 1996

"Sometimes, putting your toothbrush in its holder upside down can express your feelings towards life in general, your secret desire to commit suicide, the feelings for your long-lost mother that you never got to know, and your favorite color. But sometimes that toothbrush is simply a toothbrush." - Nuclear Lunchbox

nervshatter
Banned

Postby nervshatter » Wed May 01, 2013 6:04 pm

*sigh* just kill me already.

Chuckman
Chuckman
Chuckman

Postby Chuckman » Wed May 01, 2013 6:08 pm

Fuyutsuki is Shinji from the future. He's his own grandfather.

Also he didn't try to contact or help Yui's son because he's as much of a useless dick as Gendo, he just looks cooler while he's doing it. Dude spent like fifteen years helping a death cult commit global genocide twice so he could get another look at a chick who friend zoned him, and it wasn't even her that he saw.
the prophecy is true

Statistical fact: Cops will never pull over a man with a huge bong in his car. Why? They fear this man. They know he sees further than they and he will bind them with ancient logics. —Marty Mikalski

Lelouch34
Embryo

Postby Lelouch34 » Wed May 01, 2013 11:19 pm

I do not see this as being possible. There is no evidence for this which is what you need to prove a point. Also, Fuyutsuki stuck around because he wanted Yui's plan to work not Seele's plan. Gendo also treated Shinji poorly because he was a bad father. So the answer to your theory is no because the actions that occured by the characters occured for a different reason. Shinji did also somewhat look like Gendo as evidence of who his father was.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Thu May 02, 2013 12:54 am

View Original PostElect G-Max wrote:Hmmm... Fuyusuki IS the right age to be the father of either Yui or Gendo... or both...
He's only 10 years older than Gendo, but 20 years older than Yui.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Dima
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Dima » Thu May 02, 2013 12:56 am

View Original PostLelouch34 wrote:I do not see this as being possible. There is no evidence for this which is what you need to prove a point. Also, Fuyutsuki stuck around because he wanted Yui's plan to work not Seele's plan. Gendo also treated Shinji poorly because he was a bad father. So the answer to your theory is no because the actions that occured by the characters occured for a different reason. Shinji did also somewhat look like Gendo as evidence of who his father was.

Of course we don't have any evidence that's why i called it a crazy-clueless theory but not entirely impossible.

But from the moment that we don't have any evidence that proves what i am saying is completely wrong,my theory has it's chances to be real.

Do we have a good Gendo-Shinji relationship-No
Do we have a single scene with Gendo and Yui-No

The only characters that are having a relationship in the show is Misato with Kaji and got plenty of scenes together.Of course that doesn't mean that Gendo didn't loved Yui or the opposite since he is doing everything for to be with Yui again.But in one scene we have Yui with Fuytsuki,in the other we are seeing Gendo interacting with Fuytsuki for the first time and in the next scene Yui has a child from Gendo without showing us a single moment together.

The Killer of Heroes
Armisael
Armisael

Postby The Killer of Heroes » Thu May 02, 2013 1:10 am

View Original PostDima wrote:in the next scene Yui has a child from Gendo without showing us a single moment together.

Your theory is impossible. Shinji looks JUST LIKE GENDO. Not Fuyutuski.

Shinji LOOKING LIKE GENDO, BEING THE SON OF GENDO, AND THE POSSIBILITY OF HIM TURNING INTO THE NEXT GENDO ARE MAJOR THEMES OF THE SERIES. You literally have to ignore damn near everything about the main character's arc in the show to have your theory work.

Literally the only way your theory could be true (And you've got nothing really to support it as it is) is if Fuyutski edited his own DNA to be an exact replica of Gendo's, and if in fact Fuyutski was a Rei-style clone of Gendo from the future that was sent far back in time before the series began, before Second Impact, a decade before GENDO WAS EVEN BORN in order to make the slightest amount of sense.

Dima
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Postby Dima » Thu May 02, 2013 1:45 am

View Original PostThe Killer of Heroes wrote:Shinji LOOKING LIKE GENDO, BEING THE SON OF GENDO, AND THE POSSIBILITY OF HIM TURNING INTO THE NEXT GENDO ARE MAJOR THEMES OF THE SERIES. You literally have to ignore damn near everything about the main character's arc in the show to have your theory work.

Okay first of all breath some air to relax.Second dont write with caps locks because i can totaly see what you are writing.Third how is it possible for Shinji to turn like Gendo anyway?

Guys chill-out it is just a thought i got after rewatching the series.As i said in the OP i dont have any evidence to back it up but there is 1 chance in the trillion to be possible so why this hate?Cause i am a new one here i am forbidden to make such threads?

So take a seat and relax,feel free to post if you want but try to be more conversational.

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”