Evageeks Minecraft Server

Discussions about non-Evangelion related video games, board games, card games and gaming in general.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Catamari
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Catamari » Thu May 09, 2013 7:12 pm

View Original PostTehDonutKing wrote:Clicking gives me a 502 error.

PHP just shat itself. Try again, now.
Official Sexpert of Dai-Ero-Dan
"I LOVE LADIES." - The Eva Monkey
"If I can't wipe my own ass, then it's time for me to go." - Guy Nacks
"[Catamari] Just advising you to check your privilege" - Bagheera
"Fuck you, Switzerland" - Archer

TehDonutKing
Camel Dilettante
Camel Dilettante

•      
  •      

Postby TehDonutKing » Thu May 09, 2013 7:52 pm

Works now.
/hj

I said and did some dumb and hurtful things in my time here when i was younger. If i ever hurt you, i'm sorry. If you see any of this while reading old threads, i'm learning and trying to improve. Donut redemption arc in progress.

EvangelionFan
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby EvangelionFan » Sat May 11, 2013 6:24 am

If Faz is playing there must be something interesting to see...

Post screenshots, so that I may judge before applying for whitelist ... in a week. Or more.
Voluntary Illusion.

Agentomega
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Agentomega » Sat May 25, 2013 2:49 pm

Herp-a-der, I just remembered I meant to post that I began construction on my dwelling in Bethoron - it is going to feature a semi-hidden man-cannon that shoots people up to the actual structure (at some higher elevation. I also filled in some more on the upper levels of Babel. Progress!
Avatar: Rhoe Amariyo (© 2010-2014 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. FINAL FANTASY X|V)
Karigane Shirou in LoL's RP - Rebuild of Evangelion: We Are (Not) Together
"'I was a nerd before it was cool' ~Agent" ~Lance of LoL

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby riffraff11235 » Sat May 25, 2013 2:54 pm

I plan to start visiting Jericho again starting in June.
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

Stikuru
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Stikuru » Sat May 25, 2013 11:45 pm

I would love to be added to the whitelist as well, if that's alright. I've been needing something to keep myself occupied for a while now.

I use the same name for minecraft that I do here, Stikuru.

Agentomega
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Agentomega » Mon May 27, 2013 12:17 am

I've mostly finished the man-cannon apparatus at my place in Bethoron. I'm mostly just working on how to get a consistent launch vector so that I can plan the upper levels.

Also, if you use it, there is a small chance you'll get stuck in the mechanism. If you do, orient yourself so that the redstone torch is to your left, and then break the fence and chiseled quartz directly in front of you (do not touch the dispensers). Replace the fence and the quartz once on the other side, and then break one of the ceiling blocks to fly out.

Note: If you are in survival mode, you'll probably die unless you're wearing armor.
Avatar: Rhoe Amariyo (© 2010-2014 SQUARE ENIX CO., LTD. All Rights Reserved. FINAL FANTASY X|V)

Agentomega
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Agentomega » Sun Jun 02, 2013 8:37 pm

OH GOD YOU GUYS. Ok, Cat, weeminator, I was working with some lava in Bethoron on some of the higher levels of my structure when some of it spilled (because of lag). There is some major damage to your structures, but I'm repairing as much of it as I can (Cat, yours is relatively easy to fix. Weeminator, I'm attempting symmetrical reconstruction based upon the remains, but I won't be able to get everything back exactly as it was. Not to mention yours kept burning even after I got rid of the lava and extinguished all the fires =_=)

Needless to say, I will help with as much of the reconstruction as possible, and lend whatever materials you require (if you're in Survival mode)

EDIT: Done with the reconstruction I could figure out - I figure if you tell me what sort of a pattern you used for the rest of it, I can rebuild that too if you like.

sprintstyle
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby sprintstyle » Wed Jun 05, 2013 1:54 pm

Agentomega , i am so sorry..
I sort of have caused your human canon to blow up...
i jumped into the hole with the TNT boxes and i fell into a piston , next thing i know is that the whole construction down blew up and blew the whole redstone construction away and made a big hole..
I am so sorry and i have no idea how to fix it , nor i have the right stuff to fix it because i'm in survivor mode.

Agentomega
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Agentomega » Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:51 pm

Edit: Holy mackerel, that's a lot of damage. Well, I'll give it a shot. The worst bit will be making sure everything has the same amount of TNT inside again, and probably also the electronics itself.

Edit 2: I'm actually quite curious how you managed that - the water should have prevented any structural damage. 'course, I'm not at all displeased if you got stuck down there and dug out willy-nilly - I realized that my instructions were outdated and only applied to people in Creative mode. Could also be lag phenomenon.

Edit 3: Fixed it. It seems a bit more tempermental - there's a small sweet spot that will guarantee you make it to the intended destination, and anywhere else is either too little power or will send you straight into the ceiling. Also, hitting the button quickly after firing the cannon will cause it to partially activate, then close the opening. This is because of a repeater timing glitch that I've yet to sort out (again).

Fazmotron
Admin Emeritus :-{|
Admin Emeritus :-{|

•      
  •      

Postby Fazmotron » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:28 am

Cat, the server needs an update please.

I need to start to finish building things that I have already started and not finished then not finish starting to finish them again.
[Became a moderator on August 14th, 2011. Became an administrator on September 7th, 2013.]
--Fazmotron--
A.K.A. - Ryan Farrell
How Chaz sees me.
BobBQ - I find your lack of :-{| disturbing.

FAZMOTRON.com

Agentomega
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Agentomega » Thu Jun 06, 2013 2:46 pm

View Original PostFazmotron wrote:Cat, the server needs an update please.

I need to start to finish building things that I have already started and not finished then not finish starting to finish them again.

That sounds way too accurate here too XD

EDIT: I think I might venture off into the wilderness and build a nice quaint log village or something. I've noticed I tend to build ridiculous towers XD

Catamari
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Catamari » Thu Jun 06, 2013 8:23 pm

Ahem.
The server has been updated

Also, 1000 posts. SWEEEEET.

Agentomega
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Agentomega » Thu Jun 06, 2013 11:11 pm

So I ramped up the power on my cannon by reconfiguring the design - I may in fact have made it too powerful. May remove some dispensers to reduce power. Also, yay for placement glitches allowing for repeaters on top of dispensers XD

View Original PostCatamari wrote:Also, 1000 posts. SWEEEEET.

Heh, I know that feel - just reached the big 1k myself :D

Edit: I think the cannon just may be powerful enough to kill people without armor on survival mode - you'll want diamond armor to even attempt it. The thing uses 32 blocks of submerged TNT to launch players.

EDIT 2: I just started construction on an underground railroad from Bethoron to an as-of-yet uncolonized region to the north that I'm dubbing Siberia (since it's a winter biome). It will travel underwater in a setup reminiscent of Riven.

Anyway, also, during the construction of the "hidden" staircase, I accidentally developed a simpler method of redstone alternating delay circuitry than those piston videos you find online. I have created the schematic here and will likely be doing a youtube video of it shortly.

Dream
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby Dream » Sat Jun 08, 2013 6:52 pm

View Original PostAgentomega wrote:EDIT 2: I just started construction on an underground railroad from Bethoron to an as-of-yet uncolonized region to the north that I'm dubbing Siberia (since it's a winter biome). It will travel underwater in a setup reminiscent of Riven.

Hell yeah, the concept of a winter town and an underwater highway (which i always wanted to do) sounds really interesting and cool as hell to boot. If we happen on the server at some common time do feel free to ask me for help if you need walls or blocks placed in, would be glad to lend a hand.

Also, hopefully this isn't a too unproper question, but at which hour are you guys usually on the server? Last few times i checked i found no one and since i'm studying a lot now i would like to occasionally plan my rest shifts so as to be able to play Minecraft once in a while.
"Every line is a joy" -Kaworu Nagisa.

"Nothing great was ever achieved without enthusiasm." - Ralph Waldo Emerson.

Catamari
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Catamari » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:19 pm

Attention Denizens of Gilgal

THE WHITELIST IS IN EFFECT AGAIN
If you are not able to join, shoot me a PM.

You may see who is on the whitelist here: [url]http://catamari.homeunix.net/minecraft/whitelist.php[/url]

Agentomega
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Agentomega » Sat Jun 08, 2013 9:39 pm

View Original PostDream wrote:Hell yeah, the concept of a winter town and an underwater highway (which i always wanted to do) sounds really interesting and cool as hell to boot. If we happen on the server at some common time do feel free to ask me for help if you need walls or blocks placed in, would be glad to lend a hand.

Sure, that sounds good! I'm actually making the walls and ceiling of the tunnel out of iron bars to give it sort of an open feel. The worst bit is getting the water out of a finished tunnel though, since it involves placing blocks wherever the water is =_=

Also, hopefully this isn't a too unproper question, but at which hour are you guys usually on the server? Last few times i checked i found no one and since i'm studying a lot now i would like to occasionally plan my rest shifts so as to be able to play Minecraft once in a while.

Hah, hardly. I'm on at random portions of the day, though you could shoot me a PM. In addition, I've written myself a script that checks if other people are on the server, so I'll probably bop on when you're on. These days, I tend to be awake from about 11AM EST to 1AM

Catamari
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby Catamari » Sun Jun 09, 2013 7:25 pm

Attention Denizens of Gilgal

Hey guys! I plan to roll out a few updates to the (now defunct) EGF_Plugin...plugin. I'm taking feature requests. In addition, since I have SwiftApi installed, I can write software to poll the server. Is there anything you would like in terms of PHP applications? I can do quite a bit, just shoot me a few ideas. Likewise goes for Python. With Python, I can write programs that run routinely (using cron), so if there is something you'd like (maybe a text message or something when someone logs in), I can do that.

Shoot.

Agentomega
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Agentomega » Sun Jun 09, 2013 8:07 pm

Hm, I think I've got a couple ideas.

1) External chat access.

EDIT:
[s]2) Automated shape generation commands. For instance, say I want to build a really large circle (or possibly sphere) at some point, but I don't want to be arsed to go into paint, figure out what the circle looks like in pixel form, and then reconstruct that. With this example, the command could be something like [/s][code:1]/make circle <material> <xcenter> <ycenter> <zcenter> <radius> <axis>[/code:1][s] and it places the material specified at any square within the radius. Of course, this can be extended to any number of shapes/3D objects, but I figured start with circles and rectangles first.[/s]

Never mind that, realized that would make minecraft too easy.

3) Dynmap plois (kind of makes 1 superfluous too)

Nuclear Lunchbox
Agent Ahegao
Agent Ahegao

•      
  •      

Postby Nuclear Lunchbox » Mon Jun 10, 2013 11:00 am

Ugh, I've been gone from the server for too long. I'll be back soon, I promise. Just as soon as I'm done with my fanfiction and Civ V. :shifty:

Return to “Video Games and Gaming”