Meaning behind Keel's last lines in EoE?

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
evangelist
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby evangelist » Mon Oct 29, 2012 9:39 am

I always assumed that What Keel meant by saying 'Good. Everything's going well' is that he is content with the way Third Impact / Human Instrumentality has been conducted. Even though it hasn't gone according to SEELE's wishes it is still a favourable outcome to them.

The line 'The beginning and ending share the same moment' I assumed to be referring to the fact he beginning coincides with the end as all life form began from LCL, and following Third Impact all life form will return to LCL. We return to what we started from.

riffraff11235
Seed of Life
Seed of Life

•      
  •      

Postby riffraff11235 » Mon Oct 29, 2012 11:08 am

View Original Postevangelist wrote:The line 'The beginning and ending share the same moment' I assumed to be referring to the fact he beginning coincides with the end as all life form began from LCL, and following Third Impact all life form will return to LCL. We return to what we started from.

There's also the fact that all human souls are returning to their origin, the Chamber of Guf / Egg of Lilith.
だから みんな 死んでしまえば いいのに... では, あなたは何故, ココにいるの? ...ココにいても, いいの?
"Cogito ergo sum." - Rene Descartes
"Men do not quit playing because they grow old; they grow old because they quit playing." - Oliver Wendell Holmes
Avatar: Asuka is superior. That is all.
PSN - riffraff-11235 Feel free to add me. PM me on EGF if you do.
Steam - rifffraff11235

League of Legends - riffraff11235
Osu! - riffraff11235

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”