what next?

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Kyle
Matarael
Matarael

what next?

•      
  •      

Postby Kyle » Thu Jan 19, 2006 8:29 pm

we all know that at the end of EOE that Asuka and Shinji are on the beach.Now this may be a stupid question but what did they do after that?

Iv heard the whole "there the new adam and eve"bit and they have to restart the human race but i dont think that would happen right away.Did they look for survivers,talk things out,look for food/shelter?what?

If Shinji and i have something in comon its we dwell on shit.i have not seen EOE in over a year so it would be nice if i could get some sensible closure.
"It's good to have team mates...it gives them other people to shoot at."-Unknown.

"Who dare's,wins"-SAS motto

Heidroch
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Heidroch » Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:08 pm

When the creators named the movie "End of Evangelion", that's exactly what they meant: the end.

As for interpretation as to what happens next, that is really up to each person's own perception.

The "Adam and Eve" theory you mentioned is just that. A theory. Sure, some people believe it, but there are plenty others that do not(myself included).

Although if you are intrested in seeing a light-hearted interpretation, may I recommend Evacomics.

Archon Divinus
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Archon Divinus » Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:25 pm

I've always thought that, although they were the last humans, they wouldn't restart the human race. They would live on the remains of earth for a while, and then eventually die.

AcesHigh
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby AcesHigh » Thu Jan 19, 2006 10:06 pm

Asuka breaking a bottle on Shinji -- very accurate / hilarious. Haha.

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:24 am

Yui's dialog indicates that anyone who can imagine themselves in their own heart again can return to life. The fact that Shinji and Asuka, the two characters least comfortable with their personal identity, would be the first to return is encouraging to me. One would reasonably be led to believe that they are simply the first, and that more people will return to live on. I'm interested to know exactly what state the rest of the world is in. Wherever Shinji and Asuka wind up is pretty damn desolate, and I sure hope for their sake that the rest of the world doesn't look like that.

SEELE 08
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE 08 » Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:33 am

Well lets hope that the few people we saw get hit by the meltdown squad aren't the only other returnees, that would suck. Imagine: Hyuga's bad jokes, Aoba's pessimism, Fuyusuki's boring biology lectures, Shinji's whinyness, Asuka's bitchiness, Maya wouldn't be so bad I guess, and Keel's constant bitching. Yeeha sign me up for that group of folks. They would make you wish you hadn't returned. Hopefully Pen-Pen would return.
I don't know if all people would know that they could return, I mean Yui told Shinji but what about everyone else? And what about organisms that don't even have a nervous system like bacteria? And really dumb animals like chickens? How could we survive without fried chicken?
I heart Encyclopedia Dramatica!
THAT WIKI/Aspergers

Archon Divinus
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Archon Divinus » Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:39 am

I kind of have a theory that, of the characters we see, the only other one who could come back would be Aoba. He's the only one who doesn't go into complementation happily. Everyone else is in ecstasy over being turned to goo, but he goes screaming, which is his rejection of complementation.

SEELE 08
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE 08 » Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:05 am

I think the others would return as soon as they realized what a let-down complementation was. Maya especially she was happy to see Ritsuko, but with her reactions to everything going on I think she would reject it in the end. Fuyusuki would return once he realized he wasn't actually reunited with Yui. I don't know about Makoto, but I think he would return especially if Misato was not involved in completion, but I think Keel would return once he realized that SEELE's plan had partially failed, and other people were returning Besides a guy that strong willed would have a hard time just being in a state that stagnent.
THAT WIKI/Aspergers

Defectron
Tentacle Girl
Tentacle Girl

•      
  •      

Postby Defectron » Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:19 am

Keel would return once he realized that SEELE's plan had partially failed

I dunno about that, the smart thing to do would be to lay low for awhile, once everyone returns their going to be looking for whose responsible for the mess and he'll get linched if someone in the know like Kaji tells everyone that it was him. So the smart thing to do would be to lay low for awhile until the heat blows over and then return much later.

How could we survive without fried chicken?

That's a very good question, I actually went into a pretty big rant somwhere around here about how Asuka and Shinji would have a terrible time since most of the organic matter ont he planet got turned to lcl. We do see some wood that Shinji nailed misatos cross to, that didnt get turned to lcl, or then again maybe the wood was able to visualize itself in its own mind :o

There are a number of explanations for that, one is that the wood was dead long enough that it wasnt effected, which of course would have to be longer then Kaji was dead since he was in instrumentality. In any case Shinji and Asuka would still be screwed because any food older then that piece of wood, would definatly be inmedible unless its something like thawing mammoth flesh in siberia, which of course they have no access to. Yes there are only three possible hopes for their survivial!

1. Something edible is able to imagine itself in its own mind.

2. They manage to go on an lcl diet to survive

3. They live off the creamy Rei nuggut inside of Reis big giant head for the rest of their days.
Parasite Galaxy: An experimental webcomic

http://www.parasitegalaxy.com/ Updates Monday and Thursday. Vote for me on top webcomics

If you want to support this comic buy something from me on amazon

SEELE 08
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE 08 » Fri Jan 20, 2006 2:45 am

Quote:

I dunno about that, the smart thing to do would be to lay low for awhile, once everyone returns their going to be looking for whose responsible for the mess and he'll get linched if someone in the know like Kaji tells everyone that it was him. So the smart thing to do would be to lay low for awhile until the heat blows over and then return much later.

Either that or he could just do something to alter his appearance. Its not like many people really know who he is or what he looks like. And any whistle-blowers would wind up in just as much trouble themselves, if they knew what he looked like chances are very good they were in just as deep. Kaji, Fuyusuki, Ritsuko, and Gendo included. They all did some highly disreputable things that would merit execution in a warcrimes tribunal. More than likely everyone would shut up and try to move on with their lives, albeit as quite as possible. There's always South America (if its still around). Of course disapearance wouldn't work so hot for Keel, he needs maitenance not something easily done in the freakin technological paradise that isn't the Rainforest.
THAT WIKI/Aspergers

Archon Divinus
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Archon Divinus » Fri Jan 20, 2006 6:20 am

Theres no way Keel would come back, and if he did, he would probably die imediatly after, because he wouldn't have any of his cyborg implants anymore. Its hard to live with no spine.

SEELE 08
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE 08 » Fri Jan 20, 2006 7:14 am

.....Than by that logic Shinji and Asuka wouldn't have returned with their clothes on, People would reform with whatever implants they had or with whatever clothes they had on, otherwise everyone with a pacemaker, artficial heart ect... wouldn't live either. People would presumebly just reform out of the same puddles they melted into.
THAT WIKI/Aspergers

Zuggy
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Zuggy » Fri Jan 20, 2006 10:13 am

Maybe this is all symbolic. As it is in the Bible.

Adam and Eve/Shinji and Asuka were expelled from the Garden of Eden/primordial soup (or Nature's womb if you like) but this time around it was of their own freewill?

If you took the Bible literally and asked how did Adam and Eve survive outside the Garden you would come across similar problems. :|

Thinking aloud here.

SEELE 08
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE 08 » Fri Jan 20, 2006 11:47 am

Isn't there a post that says Shinji and Asuka=Adam and Eve no touchy? Yui says the others can come back, Asuka and Shinji weren't expelled from anything, they chose to come back. The sea of LCL wasn't paradise Shinji said it himself.
THAT WIKI/Aspergers

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:05 pm

Heidroch wrote:When the creators named the movie "End of Evangelion", that's exactly what they meant: the end.

Exactly - I took it as being "nothing more to tell", the cautionary tale "If you stay sunk in your depression/obsession, and your world falls apart around you, then that's your fault."

Kyle wrote:Iv heard the whole "there the new adam and eve"bit

My take was that this was the anti-Eden at the End of the World, but then I did take a negative reading out of it all.

AcesHigh wrote:Asuka breaking a bottle on Shinji -- very accurate / hilarious. Haha.

I think that's actually a chair...

The Eva Monkey wrote:Wherever Shinji and Asuka wind up is pretty damn desolate, and I sure hope for their sake that the rest of the world doesn't look like that.

The take-away I got from the movie would be that the Pacific hemisphere would be pretty much like that (even if I'm a minority voice here); and that's without considering other side-effects (like triggering the Gran Canaria collapse).

Defectron wrote:since most of the organic matter ont he planet got turned to lcl.

Looks like the trees were pretty much normal when Shinji rejected Complementation

Just a pity about GNRei putting the Impact into Third Impact there in the background...

Defectron wrote:

I dunno about that, the smart thing to do would be to lay low for awhile, once everyone returns their going to be looking for whose responsible for the mess and he'll get linched

I though that was what Shinji ought be most concerned about...
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

SEELE 08
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE 08 » Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:13 pm

I though that was what Shinji ought be most concerned about...

Yeah, Shinji's the one that might want to disapear for a looong time, I would think since Unit-01 and Shinji's ego were used as a medium, everyone would know who he was and what he did.
It would be hard to lynch Keel he's probably to heavy for the rope, cyborgs ain't the most lightweight critters on earth.
THAT WIKI/Aspergers

darth_mark
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby darth_mark » Fri Jan 20, 2006 1:14 pm

post-third-impact earth would be a very interesting place to live in, since you basically know everyone else on the planet through-and-through, it'd make the dating scene more interesting at least. ^_^;
"Let's Instrumentality! <3" - SEELE

SEELE 08
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE 08 » Fri Jan 20, 2006 4:31 pm

If you knew everyone that well I doubt you'd want to date them, let alone reproduce with them. I predict the very fast extiction of mankind due to this problem alone after 3I.
THAT WIKI/Aspergers

TheBlueTree
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby TheBlueTree » Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:19 pm

I dont, the basic instinct for sex would over come the warnings of the mind eventually.
Mr. Bud
"Suits? You've got to be kidding me.
Mighty Morphin' Ev-an-gel-i-ooooonnnn!"

Seele 08
"Is it a sign that you might be an otaku when your betta fish are all named after anime characters? One betta is named....Gendo. No wonder my mom and freinds think I'm a nut case."

SEELE 08
Arael
Arael

•      
  •      

Postby SEELE 08 » Sun Jan 22, 2006 8:54 pm

TheBlueTree wrote:I dont, the basic instinct for sex would over come the warnings of the mind eventually.

If enough alchohol were provided, perhaps.
THAT WIKI/Aspergers

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”