Need advice 4 starting my eva collection

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Atw622
Embryo

Need advice 4 starting my eva collection

•      
  •      

Postby Atw622 » Sat Jun 11, 2011 6:27 pm

Hi, I first got into NGE Years ago when the the Original Dvds first came out, I had actually watched some of the episodes.when they were only available on VHS, but it was only when I saw the entire series when the dvds were first released.that I really enjoyed the show and realized how much the show really affected me more than any other tv series or movie I had ever seen. I was in awe of it, but eventually, I slowly forgot about it, until about 3 months ago, on a whim I decided to order the rebuild of Eva movie 2.22, and ever since I watched it I realized I was instantly hooked again. I decided it was time to get back into Eva full throttle, and I was excited. I first bought the platinum edition of the series (I wanted to get the 7 disc collection with the platinum booklets in them but because I found a great site with most of the info from those booklets I.ended up just getting the holiday set for 40 bucks) I also already had death/rebirth and end of Eva from when they first came out on DVD

After that I started buying some figures and ended starting off with the only figures available near me which.ended up being the kaiyodo "launch tube" line, I have the gold unit 00, unit 02, unit 03, and I just ordered units 01 and 04, all from the launch tube line, I also have most of the Manga volumes of the Shinji Ikari raising project

Now my biggest question is what next?

I want to start getting more figures as well as anything else I can get my hands on, but before I start getting into a buying frenzy I wanted to ask if there were any real essentials or at least recommendations as to what I should start looking for to expand my collection

I' live in NJ so im thinking of going 2 wizard world hilly next week to try and shop around for evangelion merchandise, but I wanted some opinions or recommendations as to what is worth searching for

Thank you everyone and I hope to start a great collection with your help
Proud Eva Enthusiast from Burlington Nj

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”