Does anyone know where I can get this Evangelion 1.0 poster?

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
liquidus118
Zeruel
Zeruel

Does anyone know where I can get this Evangelion 1.0 poster?

•      
  •      

Postby liquidus118 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 11:00 am

Does anyone know where I can get this Evangelion 1.0 Poster for delivery to the UK? Or at least any websites likely to have it?
Thanks in advance for any help.

EDIT: Fixed the image. It was working fine last night, though.
Last edited by liquidus118 on Wed Nov 10, 2010 7:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

Re: Does anyone know where I can get this Evangelion 1.0 pos

•      
  •      

Postby KnightmareX13 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 5:51 pm

View Original Postliquidus118 wrote:Does anyone know where I can get this Evangelion 1.0 Poster for delivery to the UK? Or at least any websites likely to have it?
Thanks in advance for any help.

:sachi_blink: uh... it might help if we had a image to go off of.
"This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost..." -- Cpt. Price
"Damn the torpedoes" -- ADM Farragut
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -- Cpt. John Paul Jones
"Don't be alarmed, we're taking over the ship" -- Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Napalm Sticks to kids ♣ Λ

Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

•      
  •      

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Tue Nov 09, 2010 7:15 pm

View Original PostKnightmareX13 wrote::sachi_blink: uh... it might help if we had a image to go off of.

It was this one probably...
So let’s make a wish.
“Please let me redo again.”
No matter how many times

From the book “All About Nagisa Kaworu: A Child of Evangelion”.

KnightmareX13
Seepage Murid
Seepage Murid

•      
  •      

Postby KnightmareX13 » Tue Nov 09, 2010 9:15 pm

View Original PostHyper Shinchan wrote:Image
It was this one probably...

assuming that it is this one, then I have no idea where you would be able to buy it. Checked E-bay and Amazon, plenty of 1.0 posters but not that particular one.
"This is for the record. History is written by the victor. History is filled with liars. If he lives, and we die, his truth becomes written - and ours is lost..." -- Cpt. Price
"Damn the torpedoes" -- ADM Farragut
"I have not yet begun to fight!" -- Cpt. John Paul Jones
"Don't be alarmed, we're taking over the ship" -- Cpt. Jack Sparrow
Napalm Sticks to kids ♣ Λ

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Electric Sachiel » Wed Nov 10, 2010 10:46 pm

When it comes to movie posters, especially foreign movie posters you've got to know where to look to find your holy grail. Most promotional posters were never meant to be circulated outside of the movie theatre. Those that you do see in collectors rooms or on the secondary market were likely snatched by people from the movie theatres or perhaps from a film industry related office.

Its hard enough to find posters for the recent Evangelion 2.0 movie let alone that special poster your looking for. To my knowledge i've only seen an illustration of that Eva used for the movie program that was given out in Japanese theatres during the Evangelion 1.0 screenings. I have never seen or heard of people obtaining a poster with that image printed on it.

Well in any case your best luck is to look online on Ebay, or to contact dealers in your city or online that deal primarily collecting and selling movie posters. Evangelion 1.0 is an anime, albeit not a well known anime. As far as i know, anime posters are definitely even harder to come by these days due to their relative obscurity outside of Japan and their popularity amongst fans.

If there was ever such a poster, they would have likely been snatched up by Japanese fans first. Highly unlikely to see a American poster dealer snatch one of these up.

liquidus118
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby liquidus118 » Thu Nov 11, 2010 12:01 pm

View Original PostElectric Sachiel wrote:When it comes to movie posters, especially foreign movie posters you've got to know where to look to find your holy grail. Most promotional posters were never meant to be circulated outside of the movie theatre. Those that you do see in collectors rooms or on the secondary market were likely snatched by people from the movie theatres or perhaps from a film industry related office.

Its hard enough to find posters for the recent Evangelion 2.0 movie let alone that special poster your looking for. To my knowledge i've only seen an illustration of that Eva used for the movie program that was given out in Japanese theatres during the Evangelion 1.0 screenings. I have never seen or heard of people obtaining a poster with that image printed on it.

Well in any case your best luck is to look online on Ebay, or to contact dealers in your city or online that deal primarily collecting and selling movie posters. Evangelion 1.0 is an anime, albeit not a well known anime. As far as i know, anime posters are definitely even harder to come by these days due to their relative obscurity outside of Japan and their popularity amongst fans.

If there was ever such a poster, they would have likely been snatched up by Japanese fans first. Highly unlikely to see a American poster dealer snatch one of these up.

I feared as much. I suppose I'll try and find a different Eva poster, maybe a bigger version of EoE's DVD cover....I might wait to see the Eva 3.0 ones or something.

Thanks all the same.

drinian
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby drinian » Thu Nov 11, 2010 9:35 pm

Talk to the people at Asylum Anime (Warning: really ugly webpage ahead). They're also at most big anime conventions. They seem to have really good connections in Japan; I have a full 6-poster FLCL Laserdisc promotional set from them. I've never seen another merchant, in the US or Japan, who can approach the quality of their stock.

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Electric Sachiel » Fri Nov 12, 2010 2:42 am

View Original Postdrinian wrote:Talk to the people at Asylum Anime (Warning: really ugly webpage ahead). They're also at most big anime conventions. They seem to have really good connections in Japan; I have a full 6-poster FLCL Laserdisc promotional set from them. I've never seen another merchant, in the US or Japan, who can approach the quality of their stock.

I assume you need to talk with them directly..... Cuz all i see on their crappy website is anime cels and cosplay costumes.

drinian
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby drinian » Fri Nov 12, 2010 9:01 am

View Original PostElectric Sachiel wrote:I assume you need to talk with them directly..... Cuz all i see on their crappy website is anime cels and cosplay costumes.

Unless they went under sometime this year (I see that their Twitter feed stopped about nine months ago), believe me, they have a lot of vintage posters. They just don't update their webpage. You'll see them at any of the major anime cons as well. IIRC the boss is a guy named Kurt, gray hair, glasses.

It might be prudent for them not to list the posters online, actually. I've noticed that Mandarake (the huge used anime stuff emporium in Japan) carries very few posters, although they do have cels, productions scripts, etc. I wonder if this has to do with the "NOT FOR RESALE" in big letters at the bottom of most of them.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”