SPLIT: Asuka in Q/3.0.

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Azathoth
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Azathoth » Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:13 pm

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:With Asuka there to take a bath, in all likelihood.

More like bathe Shinji.
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

Shinji
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Shinji » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:21 pm

woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh!

I like Asuka with an eyepatch ;D
It's like a koala bear crapped a rainbow in my brain!

Gamertag:Undead Safety

Currently playing Cod Black Ops: Zombies

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:29 pm

View Original PostShinji wrote:woooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooh!

I like Asuka with an eyepatch ;D

Dude, everyone likes Asuka with an eyepatch! It's Asuka, with an eyepatch. On the scale of anime awesome that's like pure win.

Shinji
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Shinji » Fri Nov 19, 2010 7:51 pm

On a scale of one to awesome she's the shit!

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby esselfortium » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:23 pm

It's good to see we have a healthy population of mutilation fans here at EvaGeeks to complement all the other weirdos.

Shinji
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Shinji » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:27 pm

I'm more of a pirate fan than anything but mutilations good too. I bet that eyepatch is totally fake tho, just wait, i bet five bucks its just for show

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:31 pm

View Original Postesselfortium wrote:It's good to see we have a healthy population of mutilation fans here at EvaGeeks to complement all the other weirdos.

S'got nothin' to do with mutilation. It's all about the Eyepatch of Power!

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby esselfortium » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:33 pm

Ah yes, nothing like a good ol' TV Tropes link to help one gloss over unpalatable implications :-\

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Fri Nov 19, 2010 8:38 pm

View Original Postesselfortium wrote:Ah yes, nothing like a good ol' TV Tropes link to help one gloss over unpalatable implications :-\

Dude, you like NGE. The implications of that are worse than anything here.

soul.assassin
Geezer of All Trades
Geezer of All Trades

•      
  •      

Postby soul.assassin » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:23 pm

Topic.

We all wonder how she'll be doing in Q. In the trailer, she has the patch on, yet smiling and doesn't seem to be bothered by the attack at all... lest they never told her what really happened on that afternoon.

She wakes up in the hospital.

Asuka (blinking): W... What happened?
Doctor: You've been in a coma for almost a month.
Asuka: Why? I was in Unit-03 the last time, testing it, but the last thing I remembered was... I don't know but an Angel took over the plug and that's it. Tell me, what happened to me?
Doctor: We can't. I'm sorry, miss.

Suddenly Asuka rises up from the bed, and grabs the doctor by the lapels

Asuka: Damn it, can't you tell me?!

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:28 pm

View Original Postsoul.assassin wrote:Topic.

We all wonder how she'll be doing in Q. In the trailer, she has the patch on, yet smiling and doesn't seem to be bothered by the attack at all... lest they never told her what really happened on that afternoon.

Or she got over it and said "geez, Shinji's father really is a dick. Hope the kid's okay."

And then she goes and helps Shinji and Rei do whatever they have to do, because Shikinami is just that fuckin' awesome.

All assuming Anno's not messin' with us, and that's not really Soryu. Because damn, that would be insane.

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby esselfortium » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:34 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:All assuming Anno's not messin' with us, and that's not really Soryu. Because damn, that would be insane.

Wait, what would be the point of giving her a slightly different name and then revealing that her name isn't actually different after all? :-\

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Azathoth » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:36 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Or she got over it and said "geez, Shinji's father really is a dick. Hope the kid's okay."

I swear to god, if even one more person in the entirety of Rebuild turns out to give a single fuck about fucking Shinji and his fucking dad, I'll shoot myself in the forehead vulva.
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:43 pm

View Original Postesselfortium wrote:Wait, what would be the point of giving her a slightly different name and then revealing that her name isn't actually different after all? :-\

Psssst! The insane part is that it's not the same character! :)

View Original PostAzathoth wrote:I swear to god, if even one more person in the entirety of Rebuild turns out to give a single fuck about fucking Shinji and his fucking dad, I'll shoot myself in the forehead vulva.

Shikinami's not "one more person" because she's already demonstrated that she does give a fuck about Shinji.

Lucretius
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Lucretius » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:43 pm

I'm rather hoping that she declares bloody vengeance on Nerv in general and Shinji in particular, but I have the sneaking fear that she might arbitrarily decide to be totally cool with losing an eye.

He shuddered a bit, remembering the somewhat creepy level of detail Kaji had gone into, while rubbing a watermelon in a disturbingly sexual way.

Life is a continuous nut-kicking contest where your turn comes last if ever. -majlund

Proud supporter of Shinji x Sachiel

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:48 pm

View Original PostLucretius wrote:I'm rather hoping that she declares bloody vengeance on Nerv in general and Shinji in particular, but I have the sneaking fear that she might arbitrarily decide to be totally cool with losing an eye.

Apart from the fact she has no particular reason to do that, it doesn't really fit her character as portrayed thus far. Also, it would make her kinda pathetic instead of kinda awesome. That would be...unfortunate. :asuka_miffed:

esselfortium
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby esselfortium » Fri Nov 19, 2010 9:58 pm

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Apart from the fact she has no particular reason to do that, it doesn't really fit her character as portrayed thus far. Also, it would make her kinda pathetic instead of kinda awesome. That would be...unfortunate. :asuka_miffed:

She has absolutely no reason to be pissed off at the kid whose inaction caused her permanent bodily harm and the agency that treated her as a specimen after she dedicated her entire life to serving their interests? Weird.

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Fri Nov 19, 2010 10:09 pm

View Original Postesselfortium wrote:She has absolutely no reason to be pissed off at the kid whose inaction caused her permanent bodily harm and the agency that treated her as a specimen after she dedicated her entire life to serving their interests? Weird.

What inaction? It's not like Shinji had a choice in the matter.

If she wants to go after NERV she's completely justified, but Shinji did everything in his power to avoid harming her. It just didn't amount to squat on account of the dummy system.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:17 am

View Original PostBagheera wrote:Shinji did everything in his power to avoid helping her.
Fixed that for you.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Bagheera
Asuka's Bulldog
Asuka's Bulldog

•      
  •      

Postby Bagheera » Sat Nov 20, 2010 4:20 am

View Original PostMr. Tines wrote:Fixed that for you.

Alright, seriously, how is having his mecha commandeered by some outside force somehow Shinji's fault?

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”