Last Movie You Watched

A subforum for discussions about Film, TV, and Videos.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

El Squibbonator
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

Re: Last Movie You Watched

•      
  •      

Postby El Squibbonator » Sun Apr 07, 2024 10:13 am

I was hoping you'd guess that I'd watched EoE in its theatrical re-release. But since then, I've also watched Ghostbuster: Frozen Empire.
Life can seem a challenge. Life can seem impossible. It's never easy when so much is on the line.

Do you like Eva? Do you like Pokemon? Then check out Neon Genesis Evangelemon-- You Can (Not) Catch 'Em All thread/16052/Neon-Genesis-Evangelemon/

dzzthink
Shamshel
Shamshel

Re: Last Movie You Watched

•      
  •      

Postby dzzthink » Mon Apr 08, 2024 9:10 am

Eternals (2021)

Seems like a mix between Terence Mallick and Puella Magi Madoka Magica. The plot is different from the original Jack Kirby version as well as the Neil Gaiman adaptation, and it has its own unique style, which makes it interesting to watch. What is confusing is that it tries to add its own mystical universe and backstory in the background of all the other Marvel universes, such as the concept of god-like beings in Thor, alien races in Guardians of the galaxy, and multiple dimensions in Dr Strange. At the end of the movie, it also tries to force more obscure Marvel superheroes in the run Harry styles shows up in post-credits as Thano's brother. Avengers was a good focal point for bringing together all the superheroes, but it seems Marvel is now diverging into different plotlines, which makes it hard to follow now and less relevant. For a standalone concept, it works but I am not sure about following its sequels.
"Everything is permissible, but not everything is beneficial. Everything is permissible but not everything is constructive." - 1 Corinthians 10:23

Return to “Film and Video”