Whats next for evangelion?

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Konja7
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

Re: Whats next for evangelion?

•      
  •      

Postby Konja7 » Fri Sep 29, 2023 4:43 pm

Well, there is a new Pachinko clearly based on Evangelion 3.0+1.0:

https://www.eva-project.jp/shineva/
https://www.eva-project.jp/pachi-eva_fa ... hineva_cp/

So, we can forget the theory that Khara will start ignoring Rebuild movies.

DTGee
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby DTGee » Fri Oct 06, 2023 1:38 am

It might be a bit too late for it now, but I'm surprised they've never done an anime adaptation of one of the spinoff series. It just seems so obvious.

dzzthink
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby dzzthink » Fri Oct 06, 2023 2:40 pm

I had a relative going to a book fair and finding an Asuka cosplayer (seems weird). It seems Evangelion's legacy will forever live on through cosplay and other products. Also Evangelion thrice upon a time began screening in cinemas in the UK today, which I might check out. At this point the market is saturated with Eva content, but mostly in recycled form.
"Everything is permissible, but not everything is beneficial. Everything is permissible but not everything is constructive." - 1 Corinthians 10:23

MsenjaKagami
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby MsenjaKagami » Wed Oct 18, 2023 4:09 am

View Original PostDTGee wrote:It might be a bit too late for it now, but I'm surprised they've never done an anime adaptation of one of the spinoff series. It just seems so obvious.

From what I understand, most of the spin-off series weren't really made by the core team that made Eva, nor did they really have any hand in them (with the possible exception of I guess ANIMA). Ultimately they were more of a bunch of cash grabs by Gainax capitalizing on the popularity of the series, and Anno and the rest of the team didn't have all that much of a hand in them. Stands to reason then that they probably have no interest in adapting them, but hey who knows. Maybe they'll pull something like SSSS.GRIDMAN or DBS: Broly and revive them into something new.
Avatar Source: https://twitter.com/AwakeningDog/status ... UW7kpedBvg

Software engineering degree haver, aspiring pretend storyteller

girlifyoudidnt
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby girlifyoudidnt » Tue Oct 31, 2023 4:29 am

View Original PostFelipeFritschF wrote:Seemingly we don't have a thread for general merchandise release discussion, so here goes.

https://www.eva-project.jp/pachi-eva_fan_cp2023/

Pachinko artwork  SPOILER: Show

This new pachinko features artwork that is... obviously derived from NGE, not NTE. Asuka (Sohryu?) has properly reddish hair, not Shikinami's strawberry blonde. I'm pretty sure those are the NGE plugsuits and Evas too. And Mari is nowhere to be seen. As I'm sure you all know, merchandising trends have shifted massively over the years and they were always done to reflect fan preference and thus market demand. Now that NTE is over, have fans lost interest in it and returned to the overaching NGE legacy? Moreover, pachinko has long been the No. 1 source of merch income and in a way is a major advertisement for the overall franchise. While this could of course be just merch, it could indicate market trends. After all, during the 2007-2021 period when NTE was "the face" of the overall Evangelion franchise, pretty much all merch reflected its aesthetics. Mari's enlargement in the story was driven by fan demand, then she was pretty popular in merch after 2.0 released, likewise for Kaworu's own outsized (in comparison to NGE) role in 3.0. Then NTE was reflected in merch up for another decade.

I used to fully expect some more OVAs like -46h for at least the near future, but not only was that rather underwhelming, can little signs such as this indicate a different interest on Khara's part?

Adding on to the NGE new merch fun...
Card game Battle Spirits is releasing a new set with new illustrations based on the original series in December.

Soryu Asuka Langley  SPOILER: Show

Rei Ayanami  SPOILER: Show

Shinji Ikari  SPOILER: Show

Unit-00'  SPOILER: Show

Asugran233
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Asugran233 » Mon Mar 04, 2024 3:04 am

:w00t: Yes TV Eva returns to merch!

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”