Did original Shikinami split Asuka from the angel?

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Akko
Adam

Re: Did original Shikinami split Asuka from the angel?

•      
  •      

Postby Akko » Mon Aug 07, 2023 1:16 pm

View Original PostKonja7 wrote:
View Original PostBlockio#940941 wrote:Except that 13 does have a soul and an ATF in Shin.

Eva-13 doesn't have an ATF in 3.0+1.0. It's mentioned that the ATF protecting Eva-13 is from Eva-02 (it's mentioned Eva-02 fears Eva-13).

This is one of the reasons why I theorize Original Shikinami was inside Eva-02.

Original Shikinami had the clear intent to take Asuka into Eva-13, she's anything BUT afraid of Eva-13
Evangelion is like a black hole. Just as you thought you got away, it sucks you right back in.

Konja7
Eva Technician
Eva Technician

•      
  •      

Postby Konja7 » Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:21 pm

View Original PostAkko wrote:Original Shikinami had the clear intent to take Asuka into Eva-13, she's anything BUT afraid of Eva-13

Eva-02 being afraid of Eva-13 is a weird situation. Asuka mentioned this because Eva-02 is protecting Eva-13 with its ATF.

So, Eva-02 is really supporting Eva-13 (apparently due to fear). That's why I think OriAsuka could be inside Eva-02.

Akko
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Akko » Mon Aug 07, 2023 6:40 pm

View Original PostKonja7 wrote:Eva-02 being afraid of Eva-13 is a weird situation. Asuka mentioned this because Eva-02 is protecting Eva-13 with its ATF.

So, Eva-02 is really supporting Eva-13 (apparently due to fear). That's why I think OriAsuka could be inside Eva-02.

I still feel like OriAsu comes from Eva-13 rather than Eva-02 simply because of the way the scene is structured. OriAsu only appears after 13 grabs 02's entry plug and the fact that she's positioned right in front of Kaworu who's obviously still inside 13.
Evangelion is like a black hole. Just as you thought you got away, it sucks you right back in.

ChrisTamv
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby ChrisTamv » Tue Aug 08, 2023 4:33 am

Interesting, I always thought Unit 02 protected Unit 13 exactly because it had Shikinami's original inside it (this would also be a characteristically smart move by Gendo). I know the soul mechanics are murky in the Rebuilds (it's certainly not a requirement anymore that an Eva is piloted by the son/daughter of the person whose soul inhabits its core), but Shikinami is a clone so she must have a biologically born original, and it would make quite a bit of sense for her mother's soul to inhabit Unit 02's core, therefore making sense out of all of this.

Cola-09
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Cola-09 » Tue Aug 08, 2023 9:01 am

I highly doubt Asukas original resides in Unit 02. The visuals speak a clear language. When Shikinami destroys Unit 02's AT field we see original Asuka trespassing into Unit 02 (behind her is a rift with Kaworu still standing in Unit 13) to rescue Shikinami and quite literally draws her out of Unit 02.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”