Hideaki Anno's Bonbori Matsuri Lantern 2022

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
AdamMalkovitch
Clockiel
Clockiel

Re: Hideaki Anno's Bonbori Matsuri Lantern 2022

•      
  •      

Postby AdamMalkovitch » Tue Dec 27, 2022 11:30 pm

I've really been hoping for an OVA series tackling the timeskip, there's WAY too much that happened for there to never be anything actually showing it- Unit 01 launched into orbit, WILLE's internal secret formation and revolt against NERV, the 11th Angel, the ACTUAL Third Impact, Kaworu's seeming time as a head of NERV potentially with Kaji acting as a spy for WILLE and invading NERV to work with Kaworu, Kaji's sacrifice to stop the Third Impact [seeing that fucked up UN VTOL chopper in Terminal Dogma in 3.0 made me retroactively sad as hell rewatching it after seeing 3.0+1.0], everything the survivors in Village-3 went through- like c'mon man there's TOTALLY gonna be an OVA or at least a manga or like a light novel or something.

My dream would be for it to be animated by Trigger with music by Hiroyuki Sawano. Just go full hype and turn the action up to 11.
*injects Angel blood* I know what the fuck an EVA is now :)

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”