Government report on HIP

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
AWinters
Shamshel
Shamshel

Government report on HIP

•      
  •      

Postby AWinters » Tue Aug 23, 2022 7:20 pm

Is there a translation available for this report shot from the beginning of episode 7, please?

Blockio
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

Re: Government report on HIP

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Tue Aug 23, 2022 8:49 pm

Not that I know of; the text is clean enough that if all else fails, a machine translation should give a decent enough picture of the general topic, but if you want to have an accurate picture of what's going on in that, you probably won't get around throwing a couple of bucks in the direction of a translator/hope that someone versed in Japanese sees this and decides to help out
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Szmitten
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Szmitten » Wed Aug 24, 2022 9:24 am

Machine translation but it's about Apostles/Shito/Angels and the HIP, but everything redacted is about Angel development and biology and it's all broken and censored.

AWinters
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby AWinters » Wed Aug 24, 2022 6:30 pm

This is what I got from translation apps, so I don't expect that it's 100% accurate, but hopefully close enough.

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby JoelcrNeto » Wed Aug 24, 2022 8:01 pm

It is very difficult to know what this report really means.

In fact the word "発生" can be translated as "development", this could also be realated to "ontogeny", which in a way is related to apoptosis -- a programmed death of a cell; It's like cell suicide. This is normal, and occurs in any multicellular organism. If memory serves me, apoptosis is important for embryonic development. Sweet memories of biology classes.
“Like a miracle, life starts with the pain / Forever this will be” — “Heroes of Sand” by Angra.
“É porque nós gostamos de você. Obrigada por conversar comigo. Vem, me dá a sua mão para andarmos juntos.” — Rei to Shinji (Portuguese dub).

EvaGeeks official Discord server

Blockio
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Fri Aug 26, 2022 4:01 pm

In either case, it's a blurb about the biology of the angels. That alone gives two critical insights that 1) this is meant to establish the connection between the two and general shady dealings of the committee/Seele early on, and 2) it is actually meant to be read, unlike a lot of other onscreen text in old anime that is often just newspaper clippings or install guides for some piece of software
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

sithsauron
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby sithsauron » Fri Aug 26, 2022 5:39 pm

Personally I've always thought the show's differentiation between Seele and the Human Instrumentality Committee was superficially presented. At most this text reveal's Apoptosis and Apobiosis as scientific vectors in studying Angel corpses from which the data could be used for growing, maintaining and repairing Eva's. The fact that they throw in "Human Instrumentality Project" into the document feels off. They could have mentioned Project A or Project E instead it would have felt more contextually appropriate.

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”