New boxset of Evangelion.

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
CitizenGeek
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby CitizenGeek » Wed Sep 19, 2007 2:23 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:.....Episode 16 was NOT remastered??? No wonder the coloring looked so white/faded at the start of the episode! :shock:

It wasn't? I didn't really notice that ....

And I don't think it mentioned that in ADV's booklets anyway.
I thought what I'd do was, I'd pretend I was one of those deaf mutes.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Thu Sep 20, 2007 10:07 pm

Personally, I like the look of Ep16 a great deal. I wish the faded out look was more consistent throughout the series

Coded to the Core
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Coded to the Core » Fri Sep 21, 2007 12:59 pm

who cares whats on that CD! me wants this !! ...
oh ! .. Right it's 250$ ... well .. erm i'd rather go pay my credit bill...
I am a lilith .. YAY .. *those jerks* :/ ...

cat42
Tokyo-3 Resident
Tokyo-3 Resident

•      
  •      

Postby cat42 » Mon Sep 24, 2007 7:25 pm

drinian wrote:Given the region encoding for HD/Blu-Ray that puts the US and Japan together, I have to wonder if the Japanese distributors have some sort of agreement with ADV not to infringe on each others' turf just yet.

This concern is what led to Bandai Visual to create their new US release company Honneamise. If David Williams is wrong, and Honneamise succeeds, then expect similarly priced releases in the future.

David Williams believes that the financial model will go back to what it was in the days of VHS tapes.

This slightly worries me, because in those days some companies would only allow dubs to be released in the US for fear of Reimportation.
"...I follow you both online and offline, and I am a 4-dimensional manifestation of absolute evil..." - Reichu-tachi
"In all cases, eventually it becomes necessary to decide to 'deliberately betray the fans.'" - Yoji Enokido
I believe in the director of Eva 1.11.

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”