Yet Another New Eva Box Set

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
CitizenGeek
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby CitizenGeek » Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:03 pm

BrikHaus wrote:
CitizenGeek wrote:I have that set! 8D

By EMF law, you are hereby required to post many detailed pictures of this DVD box set.

I know it's late, and that video has already been posted, but here's some shots of the set for those who are interested!

1) The tin itself (with the EoE DVD just to give a sense of the scale - EoE did not actually come with the set).

2) The contents of the set.

3) The 'episode commentaries' part of the booklet. I found these commentaries to be very good, very insightful with lots of interesting trivia, btw!

4) Section of he part of the booklet detailing the Angels.

5) The fold-out ... er ... thingie that contains the DVDs

6) There's character art behind the DVDs, y'see.

7)And finally, here's the oppostie side of the DVD container!

Tada! Sorry for my crappy camera skillz, btw!

Anyone interested in getting one of these when ADV releases it in the US?

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:08 pm

I'm not interested in getting another Platinum. The only way I'd buy the series again is if they release it on HD-DVD or Blu Ray, and only then once I've gotten one of those (or a PS3, which won't happen). I'm pretty sure the commentaries are in the regular Platinum, too.

I just ordered the Renewal versions of EoE and D&RT^2 (thanks to Stardust for the link), so I'm not planning on buying anything else I've already seen any time soon.

Hunter21
Pilot
Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Hunter21 » Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:16 pm

I like the art box that originally came with platinum better than the tin. I will stick with what I have.
EVANGERIONANIME is stupid

Come Join the Sakaki Fan Club!

Remember you're on Evageeks, where preset personal delusions outweigh reality.

CorporalChaos
Test Subject
Test Subject

•      
  •      

Postby CorporalChaos » Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:22 pm

Shawn Dudley wrote:Even then there'd be a THIRD IMPACT SPECIAL BOX with actual LCL included plus a Gasaphon of GNR split in half

DO WANT
Occam's Razor: The simplest explanation is generally the correct one.
Essel's Corollary: The simplest explanation is never the fanon one.

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Sun Sep 09, 2007 4:30 pm

@ CitizenGeek: Thanks for the pictures. You have obeyed by the forum law and are hereby freed from facing a tribunal of permaban.

@NAvery: Do you need subtitles for them? I created some for myself when I got that set.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”