Revival of Evangelion now available on Bandai Channel

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Revival of Evangelion now available on Bandai Channel

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Aug 07, 2015 8:45 pm

Neat! I'm guessing it's not the BD version though... -o-;

~Take care of yourself, I need you~

shinhito
Adam

Re: Revival of Evangelion now available on Bandai Channel

•      
  •      

Postby shinhito » Sat Aug 08, 2015 2:42 am

View Original PostSailor Star Dust wrote:Neat! I'm guessing it's not the BD version though... -o-;

"バンダイチャンネル内では、新世紀エヴァンゲリオンBlu-rayBOXの発売記念と紹介されています。"

The last line on the Eva Fan site insinuates that it's the version from the Blu-ray box.

EDIT: Also when you go to Bandai channel's front page there's an advertisement for the Evangelion Blu-ray box and when you click it, it brings to you a listing of the Revival of Evangelion selections (Death and Air/Magokoro wo kimi ni).

Tumbling Down
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Tumbling Down » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:05 am

Bandai? The toy company? I mean, I can believe them having a streaming service, but it seems weird to me that they'd stream EoE. Isn't that a bit mature for the audience that buys their toys?

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Sun Aug 09, 2015 10:46 am

Bandai isn't just a toy company, they are a giant corporation with sprawling tentacles touching every sector of entertainment.

Bandai owns Sunrise, which is one of the biggest animation studios and responsible for some of the biggest anime franchises.

Bandai Visual is the media publishing arm that has one of the biggest catalogs of anime spanning more than half a century.

Bandai Channel is a digital content delivery platform that is open to other publishers as well. Thus Khara/King Records is happy to use the audience it provides.
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

shinhito
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby shinhito » Sun Aug 09, 2015 3:55 pm

I wish I could find a fast enough Japanese proxy or something. I signed up and even paid for the rental to try to see the quality, but the proxy I used wasn't fast enough for streaming in the slightest.

EDIT: Does anyone have any idea how I can access this site through a fast enough Japanese Proxy or something? I would love to check out the quality of this stream and I already spent money on it.

tempaccount
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby tempaccount » Fri Aug 14, 2015 5:14 pm

Use http://www.vpngate.net/en/ , works pretty well.

shinhito
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby shinhito » Fri Aug 14, 2015 6:20 pm

View Original Posttempaccount wrote:Use http://www.vpngate.net/en/ , works pretty well.

Thank you. I can finally confirm that the Bandai Channel content is just 480p (although this might be due to the VPN connection) but it looks like the same 2003 Renewal transfers for the films.

Oh well, only a couple more days away until Eva Blu-ray greatness!

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”