What do they really look like?

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:10 pm

Reichu wrote:Accordingly, that blobby marshmallow of an uber-human, Lilith, is also able to change her shape after devouring Rei 3 and getting access to an S2. The drastic metamorphosis is easily observed. Incidentally, Giant Naked Rei only looks like the Rei we knew once, right before Shinji goes sploosh. (Disregarding the ghostly complexion and the Kaworu coming out of her back and all.) The rest of the time, GNR looks a little... peculiar.

I'm not really disagreeing with this point at all. I was just saying that after maybe a few years with no soul and being pinned to a cross, not to mention having her legs chopped off, the body just all around atrophied. And then when reunited with Rei, she was able to regain her original form. I'm not going to argue this any more because it's all conjecture and rather pointless.

It's also clear even from the Giant of Light silhouettes that Adam is a lanky Eva-esque humanoid. No resemblance to Kaworu, aside from being, well, humanoid.

Well, since (s)he's a silhouette you can't really say for sure what his physical features actually look like, and can't 100% discount my idea. Well, actually you could, but that would just be hardheaded. However, I only see this argument hitting a brick wall and going nowhere, so I'm not going to waste any more of our time debating it. Yay! :D
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:53 pm

BrikHaus81 wrote:I was just saying that after maybe a few years with no soul and being pinned to a cross, not to mention having her legs chopped off, the body just all around atrophied.

Aside from being partially atrophied, Lilith has the same physique when making a baby in 2004 as she does in 2015. ("Legs chopped off" is also a rather misleading way to put it.)

And then when reunited with Rei, she was able to regain her original form.

I'd imagine her regeneration in #22 would have shown us anything we needed to see on that count.

Well, since (s)he's a silhouette you can't really say for sure what his physical features actually look like, and can't 100% discount my idea.

Look at Adam anytime recently?

(Bigger.)

Fallafelcopter.

I'm not going to argue this any more because it's all conjecture and rather pointless.

Good thing, too. Fanwanking is one thing. Dragging the ideas all the way into the Land of Fuzzy Logic is another.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Wed Apr 18, 2007 6:11 pm

Reichu wrote:
Anyway, at the topic, I personally always thought the "naked Evas" looked somewhat odd, probably because you don't see it a whole lot in the series.

Naked Evas in general, or...?

Naked Evas in general.

I personally like Reichu's version of them, and no I'm not just saying that.

Smexy, aren't they? Image

VERY. Image

lol Fuzzy Logic
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:44 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:Naked Evas in general.

With my Evas, anyway, I think it's the faces that get to people. Evas look exactly like us in nearly all respects, except when you get to the head. On a skeletal level, the overall morphology is a lot like ours (e.g. jaw/dentition and cranium/braincase), but the way it's fleshed out isn't. They are quite light on facial muscles* and lack cartiliginous ears and nose. As a result, the Evas' faces can remind people of decaying or skeletal humans, even if they don't consciously realize it. (Especially if the Eva is showing her teeth.)

Anyhow, I uploaded a few drawings that might be of interest into my Photobucket. (Some targeted at n00dle; some at SSD and any local parapheliacs.) Might add more depending on whim... Most of the ones scanned onto my 'puter are unbelievably dodgy now that I look at them again.

Too bad I can't post any of the smutty sketches.

* We're ignoring the harpies here.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Wed Apr 18, 2007 7:59 pm

Reichu wrote:Evas look exactly like us in nearly all respects, except when you get to the head. On a skeletal level, the overall morphology is a lot like ours (e.g. jaw/dentition and cranium/braincase), but the way it's fleshed out isn't.

One oddity I noticed was the harpies appear to have two humerus bones in each arm. Seriously! Check it out when Asuka chops off an arm.

EDIT: Found it. Nevermind the fact that Eva-02 looks like it's about to have buttsex with the MP Eva.
Awesomely Shitty
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

n00dle
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby n00dle » Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:28 pm

Is anyone else as disturbed by those freaky lips as I am? So creepy...

Moving on, yeah I agree it's the heads that really make your Eva drawings memorable. Good drawings to, though your obsession with Eva sex is..well...not sure what it is really.

BTW, I finally figured out why your Eva's looked so damn familiar. Flash back to 2004:

http://archive.gamespy.com/articles/august02/quakecon2002/doom3/2.jpg

(wow, look at all that pixelation! must be from the Xbox version...or Gamespy has really crappy PC's.)
Gone away

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Apr 18, 2007 8:54 pm

BrikHaus81 wrote:One oddity I noticed was the harpies appear to have two humerus bones in each arm. Seriously! Check it out when Asuka chops off an arm.

The cut where the arm actually goes flying is better.

Hmm, never noticed that. Fucked up. Another strike against the harpies! (Real Evas just have the one. See e.g. EVA-03 getting her arm ripped off and the OA Eva graveyard.)

Nevermind the fact that Eva-02 looks like it's about to have buttsex with the MP Eva.

I smell a fan-art concept. What color should the strap-on be?

n00dle wrote:Is anyone else as disturbed by those freaky lips as I am?

If you knew those freaky lips personally, I'm sure you would be quite fond of them.

yeah I agree it's the heads that really make your Eva drawings memorable.

..."memorable"?

though your obsession with Eva sex is..well...not sure what it is really.

A testament to my status as a Damned Dirty Ape.

Eva sex, eh? Well, since I depict all of the Evas as goyls, I guess whether or not I actually draw "Eva sex" depends on how we define "sex". But it gets less ambiguous in drawings involving other Adam-type humanoids who aren't "Evas" per se.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

n00dle
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby n00dle » Wed Apr 18, 2007 9:48 pm

Yes, memorable, as in will be remembered. Forever. And ever. Will always be in my mind...can't be gotten rid of, no matter how hard I may try. I mean, how can one possibly forget two breast-less, multi-eyed giants having hot (?) lesbo sex?

edit: DAMN! can't use 150x150 pics for avatar, curses! now I have to find a new one :( *goes pic hunting*
Gone away

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:33 pm

Reichu wrote:Hmm, never noticed that.

I'm going to save this quote for all time. Maybe print it out and have it framed, too :wink:
Awesomely Shitty

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Apr 20, 2007 10:36 pm

[url=http://evageeks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2918]ZOMG TANGENT SPLIT[/URL]. Let this thread now be about naked Evas, as opposed to, uh, whether or not you would have sex with one under very hypothetical circumstances.

Some largely irrelevant copypasta:

---
Posted: Wed Apr 18, 2007 11:58 pm

BrikHaus81 wrote:I'm going to save this quote for all time. Maybe print it out and have it framed, too :wink:

It's been known to happen. From time to time.

n00dle wrote:edit: DAMN! can't use 150x150 pics for avatar, curses! now I have to find a new one :( *goes pic hunting*

'Sup, image-editing program?
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

n00dle
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby n00dle » Sat Apr 21, 2007 6:35 pm

yes, yes, I know.I just didn't think of resizing the picture till later. I R stupid. all fixed now, behold the blue haired glory of Nefee! (or was it Nereis? damn, forgot which is which...)
Gone away

n00dle
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby n00dle » Tue Apr 24, 2007 3:36 pm

You know, thinking more about this, I got this bizarre image in my head. The Eva's look basically like the FAR looked (or at least much closer than we do to them), so now all I can imagine is a bunch of Eva's in Starfleet uniforms, proudly looking down from on observation deck at the Black Moon and White Moon being constructed, undoubtedly in some massive orbital shipyard. Possibly with the USS Enterprise getting an upgrade a few dry docks over to the left...

On a related note, upon first learning of the FAR and of the fact that two moons were never meant to be on the same planet, I got this idea of some FAR underpaid paper pusher, siting at a desk 500 light years from Earth, going through last weeks Life Seeding reports:

"Lemme see...ok...Alpha Centauri...seeded with...Type A Basic Life Package." *checks box*

"Um...M346...Type B." *checks box*

"Now, what about this little blue green planet? Seeding control say they dispatched a type B last month, but didn't report if it made landfall...eh, must be a cock up. Better just label it for Type A and be done with it" *checks box*

And there you have it. Billions are years later, Shinji and company go through hell, because some underpaid worker didn't bother to make a 30 second call to Control to confirm Seeding was successful. DOH!
Gone away

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”