So, do all Angels have a core?

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
flatulant
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby flatulant » Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:41 pm

Reichu wrote:
flatulant wrote:And the core does NOT contain the S2 engine. Proof of this is Eva Shogouki having a core before devouring Zeruel.

Not this again... -_-'

First off, your logic is flawed. I can have an empty glass in my hand and then put water into it. Similarly, I could have a core in my chest, then devour somebody's S2 Engine and reconstruct the organ within. (I.e., a container may be filled after the fact. Common sense, no?)

Second -- the evidence is right there in the show. Sorry.

http://evageeks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=46187#46187
http://evageeks.org/forum/viewtopic.php?p=21499#21499

Oh, whoops, sorry. :oops:
Last edited by flatulant on Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:48 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:I agree with fem-Kaworu 'cause it just makes sense to me and no, I'm not just one of those Mr.Burns type yes-men (err, woman in this case ;)).

The "Yes Men" sound byte came from DatDude, who rather vehemently protested my antics during the Revelations Incident and the aftermath.

However, I for whatever reason (don't ask me as I don't get it myself) I feel like it happened that same night Shinji returned, mostly because of ZOMG TEH Rei being there

If you really believe that Shinji would up and construct makeshift graves immediately, the rust would wash onto the cross within hours (thus requiring a rainfall, as well), and Shinji would so rapidly transition from the mindstate in Yume no Sukima to that in Final...

but also, if Asuka really does have the will to live on, wouldn't she return as soon as she could??

Why would she take a Roman Bath, and then at next opportunity curl up in an entry plug and chant, "I don't want to die"?

Anyway, I was going to ask what exactly the cores do, but Leaky answered for me, but I dunno how correct it is, so could one of you verify this?
[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Angel_%28Neon_Genesis_Evangelion%29[/url] wrote:The Angel's core, the red sphere in the Angel's torso, contains the soul and the S² Engine; sufficient damage is fatal.

I left my touch on that, except the "torso" part needs to be fixed.

And I don't like what it says about Adam's gender or lack thereof. >_<

It's Leakypedia -- what was I supposed to do? I removed the "he" pronoun, but I figured "she" pronouns would go unappreciated; and even the little paragraph I leave regarding the "haha taru sonzai" line doesn't really fit with Wikipedia's purpose.

Anywho, I think it's safe to say all the Angels have cores, we just can't see them, such as the case with Ireul and probably some others

Armisael?

Leliel is no problem -- we see the core when her body cracks open.

(Where are Lil's and Adam's core??)

Lilith isn't part of the Adam lineage, so it would be "acceptable" if she didn't have one.

So, is it literal or symbolic? I always thought it was a mixture of both.

I want to clean up the Wiki entry for that; the arguing over whether Misato meant what she said is silly. (Perhaps I can find a comment that addresses the classification in one of my sources.) It's an expositional speech; if you take what she says at face value, it yields the "true" meaning of Angel, which has been discussed many times before.
Last edited by Reichu on Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

flatulant
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby flatulant » Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:50 pm

Roman Bath?
Last edited by flatulant on Thu Mar 10, 2011 12:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:54 pm

flatulant wrote:Roman Bath?

The Romans had a custom of making a quiet exit by opening a vein in a warm bath. That would be similar to, but more comfortable than, this.
Last edited by Mr. Tines on Sat Jan 13, 2007 7:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Jan 12, 2007 3:57 pm

flatulant wrote:Roman Bath?

History isn't my specialty, but it's something like: In ancient Rome, a popular method of suicide (amongst generals and senators, especially) was to cut the wrists and bleed out in a nice, warm bath.

EDIT: Nevermind -- Ojisan beat me to it.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:02 pm

but also, if Asuka really does have the will to live on, wouldn't she return as soon as she could??

Why would she take a Roman Bath, and then at next opportunity curl up in an entry plug and chant, "I don't want to die"?

I don't understand that myself... >_< All I know is, in both EoTV and EoE, she clearly states she doesn't want to die or disappear.

However, I for whatever reason (don't ask me as I don't get it myself) I feel like it happened that same night Shinji returned, mostly because of ZOMG TEH Rei being there

If you really believe that Shinji would up and construct makeshift graves immediately, the rust would wash onto the cross immediately, and Shinji would transition from the mindstate in Yume no Sukima to that in Final.

Zuh? Either that sounds like a Tines reponse, or my head's just screwed on backwards. >_< Could you please restate that once more?
I guess you're basically saying those really are makeshift graves (as the script itself states, I believe?), it wasn't something just...there? And stupid thought, but couldn't the cross have gotten rust on it because of being in the LCL Sea with Shinji?? I just wish there would be an indication of HOW long he was alone for... >_< What would you say: weeks or months (guess days is out ^^; )??

So, is it literal or symbolic? I always thought it was a mixture of both.

I want to clean up the Wiki entry for that; the arguing over whether Misato meant what she said is silly. (Perhaps I can find a comment that addresses the classification in one of my sources.) It's an expositional speech; if you take what she says at face value, it yields the "true" meaning of Angel, which has been discussed many times before.

Ah, I see.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Jan 12, 2007 4:15 pm

Sailor Star Dust wrote:I don't understand that myself... >_< All I know is, in both EoTV and EoE, she clearly states she doesn't want to die or disappear.

My intent was to illustrate how humans don't necessarily behave in logical ways. Instead of trying to worm around a reembodiment delay for Asuka that ample evidence supports, it would be better to ask, IMO, why that delay exists in the first place.

Zuh? Either that sounds like a Tines reponse, or my head's just screwed on backwards. >_< Could you please restate that once more?

I edited it to, "Shinji would so rapidly transition from the mindstate in Yume no Sukima to that in Final...".

I guess you're basically saying those really are makeshift graves (as the script itself states, I believe?), it wasn't something just...there?

The final script just says "objects like gravemarkers" -- but that's fair enough, since they're not marking any graves. Pieces of burnt wood clearly didn't stand up in rows by themselves.

And stupid thought, but couldn't the cross have gotten rust on it because of being in the LCL Sea with Shinji??

The script says that the nail is rusty, and it's clear that the rust on the cross came from it.

guess days is out ^^; )??

I would imagine so.

Anyway, if you have further thoughts on the matter, I would recommend a more appropriate thread -- they shouldn't be hard to find.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”