True Evangelion Speculation (Spoilers)

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Hiten777
Adam

True Evangelion Speculation (Spoilers)

•      
  •      

Postby Hiten777 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 12:35 am

Hey everyone. I noticed a lot of posts and topics imply this but I wanted to make this an official thread. Anyone wanna have fun giving their speculations on what the True Evangelion that's been mention will look/be like?

We've all experience the godly powers that are unleased with 3I. To be more specific, what does everyone think will need to be done in order to "create" the TE?

Warren Peace
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Warren Peace » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:27 am

I said in another thread that I thought the TE may represent a state of being more than a specific Evangelion. That is, the state of being required to bring about Third Impact. So at the end of 2.X, Unit-01 is the "True Eva", but another unit could also be the TE if it is invested with that power.

Evabean
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Evabean » Mon Apr 25, 2011 1:33 am

i was under the assumption that the mark.06 was the true evangelion?

Hiten777
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Hiten777 » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:01 am

From what I understood from the talk between Keele and Gendo, the Mark 06's completion will usher in the true evangelion. So the Mark 06 is also a tool used to bring about an even greater power. They said they still need to perform the necessary ceremonies, which we know from EoE.

I think it's correct to assume that TE can also be related to and Awakened Eva, but if I look at it from a plot outlook then I kinda get the feeling that there's something beyond that. Maybe they're refering to an Eva that's already going through Human Instrumentality. I think Unit-01 would've been the TE had Kaworu not stopped it mid transformation, but all it has now is its full potential brought out.

Plus there's also the theory about awakening 4 Evas to represent the 4 adams. I said this in another thread, but maybe awakening 4 evas and then combining their powers to form a power close to Adam in a single form.

AuraTwilight
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby AuraTwilight » Mon Apr 25, 2011 4:19 pm

A True Evangelion is probably something that can function as a Seed of Life or some shit.
J_Faulkner, be warned that some of your statements could be construed as ad hominem attacks. -- Priceless, eternal irony

Anno has perfected the side boob --Gendo'sPapa

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”