2.0 Preview vs. 2.22

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
tedness
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby tedness » Tue Jun 15, 2010 11:50 pm

It would seem some of the changes are hit or miss as to them being better or not.

However, I will say that all of the rebuild is a major improvement over the animation from the series. :P

macrochaos
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby macrochaos » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:34 pm

View Original PostNatTheWriter wrote:Eva-05, 02, and Mark.06 do look a lot better in the preview, though.

I like both version of Mark 6
each one has its own charm

carla wrote:besides, it's kaworu. he doesn't need darkness to make himself look creepy. :chuckles:

Thats why people like him so much[/quote]

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sat Aug 14, 2010 8:41 pm

I did this out of boredom. It's nice how the animation was completely redone instead of a mere retrace at least:

~Take care of yourself, I need you~

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:16 am

This was probably UndefinedVanilla!Mari or PetLovingSoldier!Mari as seen in the old drafts - she is lacking her interface clips (and possibly the headband too) her bands are longer but less full and her eyes are several shades darker without that greenish tint, and both the outfit and the pose are different.
This was also probably meant to be a representative shot of her standart expression, quite different from that of the finished product.

The mad Shinji face actually made it into 2.0, but they replaced it for 2.22, most likely because it did not fit the new mood of the scene, this ist "poor subdued kid experiencing a sudden feeling of power" anymore, this is "Did you just eat my girlfriend you bastard".
The new frame also mildly resembles this cut.

The slap that never was seems to be taking place in a similar building structure than thre rebuild version of the "this is just your personal revenge" scene, so they did not necessarily plan to give us Leliel.

And look, more gratitious rainbows for Unit 2!
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Mon Mar 28, 2011 1:52 pm

This is somewhat topical.

This isn't unusual for trailer to have different shots than the movie, or even shots that would later be missing entirely from the movie. A lot of live-action trailers would use different takes with more aggressive sounding dialogue than the film would have just to hole the audience's attention during the advertisement. Sometimes even entire special effects shots are missing or re-composited either specifically for the trailer, or because there was a change of idea between the trailer's creating and the finish edit. I can't think of any films that did this off the top of my head, though. I just know I've seen it. In fact, I think there special effect shots made for the Transformers trailer that were never intended to be in the finished film, but Micheal bay added them in anyway to keep total production costs down to $150 million. And some of the trailers for Solaris were made before the final version of the special effects and concept designs of the planet were completed.

Much of this the differences within the 2.0 Preview and the 2.22 movie seems to stem from major changes in ideas and re-working of the script between the trailer release and the film release.

Eva 04
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby Eva 04 » Mon Mar 28, 2011 3:01 pm

View Original Posttoe mash wrote:Yeah. That was the second time, the first being in episode 16.

(From episode 20: Image)

Misato first slapped Ritsuko in episode 16. She then slapped her again in episode 20. It's nothing major but you guys kinda got it backwards in terms of appearance.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”