Eva-01, Eva-08 and Eva-06

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Hashmal
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Hashmal » Sun Jan 30, 2011 5:35 am

View Original PostWarren Peace wrote:This is exactly what they hoped for when they skipped Unit-07... "Like, maybe EVERYONE is Eva-07, and they all transform into a giant robot and fight Unit-08!"

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hWWNnESqNHw&feature=related

Hey, it could happen. EVERYONE was the 18th angel, after all.

at this point, I'm desperately hoping 07 is something as mundane as scrap parts. I'm not looking forward to replacing my desk.
a signature would imply there was something I wanted you to read every time I posted.

Clover
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby Clover » Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:29 pm

View Original PostWarren Peace wrote:This is exactly what they hoped for when they skipped Unit-07... "Like, maybe EVERYONE is Eva-07, and they all transform into a giant robot and fight Unit-08!"

The entirety of the human race breaks down into LCL and is assimilated within the core of Unit 07 to form the Neon Genesis Evangelion. To start this process, each of the 4 lances of longinus from the south pole are stabbed into the cores of Unit 09, 02, 08, and 06, mirroring Second Impact, with the four Adams. The 4 children of fate are used as sacrifices for Instrumentality, and only one man is left to defeat 07 and free humanity: Gendo Ikari in Unit 01.

The one battle tactic capable of saving the world? He and Yui dance like they want to win.

Warren Peace
Potential Pilot
Potential Pilot

•      
  •      

Postby Warren Peace » Mon Jan 31, 2011 7:01 am

That's good. That'll work. Fandom always seemed vaguely disappointed that Gendo never piloted. Not me, but it seems like a popular idea.

liquidus118
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby liquidus118 » Mon Jan 31, 2011 1:09 pm

View Original PostClover wrote:The entirety of the human race breaks down into LCL and is assimilated within the core of Unit 07 to form the Neon Genesis Evangelion. To start this process, each of the 4 lances of longinus from the south pole are stabbed into the cores of Unit 09, 02, 08, and 06, mirroring Second Impact, with the four Adams. The 4 children of fate are used as sacrifices for Instrumentality, and only one man is left to defeat 07 and free humanity: Gendo Ikari in Unit 01.

The one battle tactic capable of saving the world? He and Yui dance like they want to win.

If that isn't Evangelion: Final's plot then I will be severely disappointed.
In fact, now Final will never be able to feel satisfying because I'll just have the image of Gendo dramatically posing in the entry plug with a ghostly image of Yui holding his hands. Fuck characterisation or plot or coherence, give me Gendo and Yui having a dance-off with God.

And yeah, every time Gendo said "I leave this to you" to Fuyutski I half-wanted Gendo to walk to a fourth cage we've never seen that looked like this:
SPOILER: Show

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Mon Feb 28, 2011 6:39 am

I noticed it in the image above when I was going through the wiki. Although the lighting itself is weird, it looks like Eva-06 is lying on some kind of giant black slab, like one of the monoliths in 2001. This is in an image I've seen dozens of times, but this is the first time it popped out. ( Perhaps the effect of watching the Mythbusters debunking lunar landing myths made me pay attention to the actual color of the moon's surface.)

Is there anything in the production drawings that indicates what the Eva is on top of?
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

TMBounty_Hunter
Hachigouki is my waifu
Hachigouki is my waifu

•      
  •      

Postby TMBounty_Hunter » Mon Feb 28, 2011 9:01 am

Cue the pic from 2008

SPOILER: Show
"Hooray for other things!" -NAveryW

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Wed Mar 02, 2011 2:00 am

That doesn't help me out very much, without a translation... (Has so much happened while I haven't been looking?)

Also, Eva-06 descends with a whole lot of these firefly-like white sparks floating down (there even are one or two visible on the entry plug screens), and the same sparks slowly appear in the brief shot of Lilith after Eva-01 fuses with the red GNR. What gives with these?
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:33 am

View Original PostUrsusArctos wrote:That doesn't help me out very much, without a translation...

It doesn't say anything about what Eva-06 is lying on top of, anyway.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”