Unit 01's Dangly Parts

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:22 pm

View Original PostCORE wrote:Unit 1 has different chest armour because it comes from the same source as Rei being one of the falling bodies from Lilith.

All other units come from Adam

Unit 1 is hiding breasts.

Boobs or not, the Unique chest plates can surely be attributet to Unit 01's different origin and the armor having to match its different biology.
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Azathoth » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:08 pm

View Original PostKendrix wrote:Boobs or not, the Unique chest plates can surely be attributet to Unit 01's different origin and the armor having to match its different biology.

I don't see why. Lilith and Adam didn't look noticeably different in NGE, as far as we can tell. And Unit 01 having a different origin from the other Evas is far from confirmed in Rebuild.
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

DoubleZeva
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby DoubleZeva » Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:23 pm

View Original PostCORE wrote:Unit 1 has different chest armour because it comes from the same source as Rei being one of the falling bodies from Lilith.

All other units come from Adam

Unit 1 is hiding breasts.

Which is interesting because unit01's chest armor looks much less feminine than the standard armor.

Also, Kaworu refers to Adam as "She"... o_0
Puru Puru Puru Puru

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Thu Dec 02, 2010 10:38 am

I don't think it's boobs that are hidden beneath the Armor (Lilliths also weren't all to visible/recognizable), but there has to be SOME biologic difference between the SoLs. And the EVAs don't exactly look like 'em, at least not Unit 01 which looks a lot like a human (More so in Rebuild. If you look at its Hand in the Shamshel battle, it is drawn almost the same way as the human characters' hands, fingernails and all.

What upsets me most is that they cut the love confession. EVA 01 and GNRR look like they are making out anyway, even if not shown that 'explicitly', but maan... I guess they're saving it for later/had a better Idea. It would be to early for the "I love you, Ikari-kun!", I guess. They still need 2 films worth of plot. XD

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Azathoth » Thu Dec 02, 2010 4:52 pm

View Original PostKendrix wrote:I don't think it's boobs that are hidden beneath the Armor (Lilliths also weren't all to visible/recognizable), but there has to be SOME biologic difference between the SoLs.

Why? They have the same purpose.

View Original PostKendrix wrote:And the EVAs don't exactly look like 'em, at least not Unit 01 which looks a lot like a human (More so in Rebuild. If you look at its Hand in the Shamshel battle, it is drawn almost the same way as the human characters' hands, fingernails and all.

Lilith also had hands, with nails (lol) if I recall.
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

SaltyJoe
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby SaltyJoe » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:57 am

View Original PostKendrix wrote:(More so in Rebuild. If you look at its Hand in the Shamshel battle, it is drawn almost the same way as the human characters' hands, fingernails and all.

Asdie from some minor alterations, that shot is a trace job from Episode 03.
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it is too dark to read."

skikes
Israfel
Israfel

Re: Unit 01's Dangly Parts

•      
  •      

Postby skikes » Fri Dec 03, 2010 11:10 am

View Original PostNAveryW wrote:Image

I've had bigger button mushrooms.
What if I don't want to live in the real world?

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:53 pm

View Original PostSaltyJoe wrote:Asdie from some minor alterations, that shot is a trace job from Episode 03.

Not exactly. The Hand was some weird shade of brown in the Anime, and both the anime and the Rebuild hand show more color and structure than Lilliths. Of course EVA 01 is derived from Lillith, I'm not debating that, but that doesn't mean that they look identical.

SaltyJoe
Nerv Scientist
Nerv Scientist

•      
  •      

Postby SaltyJoe » Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:47 am

View Original PostKendrix wrote:Not exactly. The Hand was some weird shade of brown in the Anime, and both the anime and the Rebuild hand show more color and structure than Lilliths. Of course EVA 01 is derived from Lillith, I'm not debating that, but that doesn't mean that they look identical.

I'm not sure we were talking about the same thing. The color of Unit-01's hand is changed, but it's overall shape is the same as it was in the series (maybe her fingernails are slightly shorter). So it doesn't look any more "human", as you put it, than it already did. At least not to me.

View Original Postskikes wrote:I've had bigger button mushrooms.

Well, it is a Japanese Eva :chuckles: .
"Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend. Inside of a dog, it is too dark to read."

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:34 pm

View Original PostSaltyJoe wrote:I'm not sure we were talking about the same thing. The color of Unit-01's hand is changed, but it's overall shape is the same as it was in the series (maybe her fingernails are slightly shorter). So it doesn't look any more "human", as you put it, than it already did. At least not to me.

Well, it is a Japanese Eva :chuckles: .

Shogoki is not amused.

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Sat Dec 04, 2010 1:42 pm

Come on, guys. Cut it out. This is supposed to be a serious discussion about Unit 01's wiener and scrotesack.
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

skikes
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby skikes » Sat Dec 04, 2010 8:38 pm

View Original PostNAveryW wrote:Come on, guys. Cut it out. This is supposed to be a serious discussion about Unit 01's wiener and scrotesack.

No ofcourse you're completely right.

So do you think Unit 01 is cut or uncut?
What if I don't want to live in the real world?

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Tue Dec 07, 2010 5:20 pm

View Original Postskikes wrote:No ofcourse you're completely right.

So do you think Unit 01 is cut or uncut?

I dunno but it might have some [s]piercings[/s] mechanical additions XD

GasmaskAvenger
Re-Gyption Strut
Re-Gyption Strut

•      
  •      

Postby GasmaskAvenger » Tue Dec 07, 2010 6:49 pm

judging by the sketch, Unit Man1 is in some sort of self-decaying ecstasy

all the more missed opportunity to use sheer body horror in 2.22 and then some
Satsuki Kiryuin wants you to turn that frown upside down...
My AU Evangelion Fanfic | My Street Fighter fanfic
XBOX Live: GasmaskAvenger | PSN: GasmaskAvenger
Official "Grindhouse of Evangelion" Discussion, Updates and Cast Sign Up Thread.

CORE
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby CORE » Thu Dec 09, 2010 1:34 pm

The bodies that are falling off Lilith in rebuild are now quite clearly Rei parts .. the idea of Graphing cells off Lilith is interesting.

Now of course Liliths genitalia is not visible and i think its safe to assume that the only two characters who gender plays any important role in plot now and forever more is Gendo and Yuri .. however what this ambiguity of genetic origin most importantly leans towards is the idea Rei reuniting with a source of her creation by being inside the "womb" of EVA unit 1. She is in a sense inside her self once more.

Giving great support to the speculation of Rei and Shinji being one body in 3.0 . and possibly more meaning to "Giant Rei"?? i dont know about this.

I think possibilities that could lead off from this are

1. a more extroverted and relaxed Rei now she is inside her hole self *twice!* as we have seen a number of times manga episode 26 and dismissed as a (dream sequence)
2. that that energy is from Shinji being inside her as well
3. a explanation for Gendos motivations (to finish building his puppet Yuri yet ironically pregnant with his hated son)
4. a explanation for the quote " Evangelion is a story that repeats"
5. a explanation of of every one clapping at the end of 26.. standing above a body of water (the womb of the world).. a birth scene?

Wild speculation but i think these are the real questions the disregarding of genitalia make us ask. Why be so ambiguous. Perhaps because your trying to tell a story unable to be told at that time on tv 1995. And only able to be told to a mature audience 2011 Cinema.

Maybe a lot of this is based of some wonderful ideas put into my head after watching the wonderful cinematography of Gaspar Noé in Enter the Void (2009) as it deals with similar issues of Origen, sex and Self Power on a backdrop of a Neon Tokyo.

If any one should be asked to assist work on a live action Evangelion it should be this person! regardless of how the story progresses.

[url]http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/independent/enterthevoid/[/url]

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

•      
  •      

Postby Kendrix » Sun Dec 26, 2010 3:59 pm

View Original PostCORE wrote:The bodies that are falling off Lilith in rebuild are now quite clearly Rei parts .. the idea of Graphing cells off Lilith is interesting.

They have far to different sizes/are too big and growing out of each other... And it's just legs, no other body parts.
I think those are simply Lillith's failed attempts to regenerate it's legs which don't work cuz 'proper' regeneration is inhibited by the LoL/absence of its soul

Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Mon Dec 27, 2010 10:33 am

If anything, it's more clear they were Rei-related in the original...

- Most are observably human-sized when Kaworu is in the frame for comparison.
- Lilith retains them after the Spear is pulled out and she regenerates her legs. The deformed lower bodies are only reabsorbed after Rei returns.

As for NME? Who knows.
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”