A solution to eva 08...(and other mysteries)

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Wil.E.Crazy
Embryo

A solution to eva 08...(and other mysteries)

•      
  •      

Postby Wil.E.Crazy » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:09 pm

Having Lurked on these boards for three years studying all things evangelion i have become a little fascinated by the fictitious biology of the stars themselves and have come up with a little theory on why Evas 00 and 01 seem to hold their shape so well and do not require "limiters".

Eva 00 and 01 are made from a combination of Lilith and Adams DNA while Unit 02- onwards are Adam based creations.

Now apart from the inclusion of 00 (and adam) this is hardly earth shattering but it does explain why Eva 02 and 03 have amazing transmorgrifying abilities and 00 and 01 do not. But it may also provide a hint for the future.
At the end of 2.2 we see Eva 01 absorb 00's core. I believe that what occurred is a form of reproduction between the two resulting in either another "pure" Adam Or Lilith resulting in third (or fourth) impact.

This would be why the evangelion in the preview has three eyes. It is no longer eva 00 or 01 but a combination of the two, the mother of eva 08.
(the fate of Shinji and Rei however i can't speculate on.)

thanks for reading.
Just keep struttin' in the face of adversity......

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

Re: A solution to eva 08...(and other mysteries)

•      
  •      

Postby Azathoth » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:25 pm

View Original PostWil.E.Crazy wrote:Eva 00 and 01 are made from a combination of Lilith and Adams DNA while Unit 02- onwards are Adam based creations.

There is no indication of this. In NGE, the implication is that Unit 01 comes from Lilith directly - perhaps with no Adamic DNA involved at all - while all other Evas - Unit 00 included - come from Adamic DNA alone. In Rebuild, we have no idea if Evas come from Lilith, or the Adams, or what.

View Original PostWil.E.Crazy wrote:At the end of 2.2 we see Eva 01 absorb 00's core. I believe that what occurred is a form of reproduction between the two resulting in either another "pure" Adam Or Lilith resulting in third (or fourth) impact.

Is it even clear that it's Unit 00's core? We see 01 pull 00's core out of Zeruel's core. Zeruel then explodes into Angel blood. The Angel blood then condenses into a red giant naked Rei, which then apparently merges into Unit 01, causing it to become white and glowy with three eyes, two cores, and wings. Where does Unit 00's core go? It's kind of unclear like the entire rest of that clusterfuck of a scene.

I don't quite buy your assertion that it's an Adam or Lilith being created, though. Ritsuko says that what they're witnessing is the birth of a new life form, and it's certainly an unholy combination of way too many things: at least three Fruits of Knowledge, at least one Fruit of Life, and at least three souls get condensed into one body.

View Original PostWil.E.Crazy wrote:This would be why the evangelion in the preview has three eyes. It is no longer eva 00 or 01 but a combination of the two, the mother of eva 08.

The difficulty, as has been pointed out in other threads, is that Unit 01 appears in the post-credits scene, seeming more or less unchanged from its original form (aside from the missing arm) - there's not even clear evidence that it still has the other core. There's almost certainly a link between the three-eyed Unit 01-Rei gestalt during "Tsubasa o Kudasai", the three-eyed Adam during Second Impact, and Unit 08 - but I'm not sure I think it's as simple as "they're all the same thing".
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

visionfactory
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby visionfactory » Tue Nov 16, 2010 5:26 pm

Intersting, interesting :harpy_liplick:

Wil.E.Crazy
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Wil.E.Crazy » Sun Nov 21, 2010 6:58 am

(Apologies for the late post, production has had me away for some time.)

Hmmm good points Azathoth.

In Rebuild, we have no idea if Evas come from Lilith, or the Adams, or what.

While the Origins of the Evas can be disputed, im pretty sure that what Eva 01 absorbs is indeed Eva 00, as Zeruels core is destroyed (when it goes kersplode!)
Also i believe that it is Eva 00's core that is speared by Mark 06, but by that time a seed has already been planted within 01, which will result in the new life form, 08 (but what i believe is that it will be a pure being from the two stocks of DNA, adam and lilith.) ([possibly human as well])

Zeruel then explodes into Angel blood

How different is Evas blood from angels in rebuild? When Angels explode in rebuild, could they be reformed in the presence of a homeless core? and some freaky magic shcitt?

However this theory could easily be disproven if it turns out that eva's are actually made of chocolate and shot out of Uranus.

Unit 01 appears in the post-credits scene, seeming more or less unchanged

Also in the post Credits scene for 1.1 Eva 02 had bug antenna, and was the original colour scheme, the Preview is placeholder until the film actually comes out.

Azathoth
Angel
Angel

•      
  •      

Postby Azathoth » Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:05 pm

View Original PostWil.E.Crazy wrote:Also in the post Credits scene for 1.1 Eva 02 had bug antenna, and was the original colour scheme, the Preview is placeholder until the film actually comes out.

Not in the preview, but rather in the post-credits scene itself; the scene's an essential part of the movie and should not be ignored as "they might change it later" the way the preview could be.
Nothing is so valuable that it need not be started afresh, nothing is so rich that it need not be enriched constantly.

Wil.E.Crazy
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Wil.E.Crazy » Sun Nov 21, 2010 12:29 pm

Ah i see. My apologies.

However Eva 02 did not change form until the latter part of 2.2 so it is possible for a delayed or slow change within Eva 01?

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”