2nd Impact in the Rebuild

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Hyper Shinchan
Younger God
Younger God

2nd Impact in the Rebuild

Postby Hyper Shinchan » Sun Jun 20, 2010 4:36 am

I searched for "Impact" in all the thread's titles of this section without find anything about this topic but I could have missed something (and if that's the case I'm sorry).
Anyway what do you think about the "new" 2nd Impact? Apparently it's quite different from the old one and they've never explained it in details so far.
It seems to involve 4 beings with 4 Spears of Longinus and if that's the case I'm wondering who are the other 3 (if Adam is still one of them) but this is really something weird. If the Seeds of Life theory is still valid for the Rebuild there should be one being and one spear for each "Egg".
There could be several explanations, for example one that I was thinking about involve a tentative cloning of Adam (and reverse engineering of the Spear of Longinus) several years before what was canonical until now.
Something else I was considering involved a contact between Adam and several Angels but this quite hard to have been happened considering that the Angels have been either created or received a soul during the 2nd Impact (otherwise they wouldn't have started moving only after that even), also the problem with the Spears remains.
So either they've changed heavily the settings of the Seeds of Life or (and I prefer this theory) they have started reverse engineering and cloning of Adam several years before the canonical times.
Does anyone else have any thoughts about it?

[Locking this due to other 2I thread. -ADMIN]

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”