Best Pair: What Eva Characters Do You Ship?

This is the place to start: Feel free to introduce yourself, have general conversations and casual discussions about all things Evangelion, including chit-chatty topics like "Sachiel is adorable" or "Which Eva kicks the most ass?"

Moderator: Board Staff

TsubasaNoKoikokoro
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby TsubasaNoKoikokoro » Wed Nov 16, 2005 3:58 pm

If anyone could in canon pair up with anyone. For me it would be a Shinji, Asuka, Rei, Kaworu forusome. <.< >.>

=p

But, I know that would never happen.

Space Penis
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Space Penis » Wed Nov 16, 2005 4:41 pm

Six Winged Angel wrote:What about KaoruxRei?............LoL?? :shock:

In GoS2, he says that he "just isn't intrested in girls...except Rei Ayanami, of course."

So, it ain't entirely out of the question :wink:
Tell me, is something eluding you, sunshine?
Is this not what you expected to see?
If you wanna find out what's behind these cold eyes
You'll just have to claw your way through this disguise!

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Nov 16, 2005 5:32 pm

Ryo wrote:It was hard to reply to this thread...

The amount of hard-core A/S support does seem to have declined over recent months, hasn't it.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Carl Horn
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Carl Horn » Wed Nov 16, 2005 7:43 pm

Ryo wrote:It was hard to reply to this thread...

But I still think that Asuka/Shinji would be a good couple, provided that they actually grow up first.

... Or rather, provided that they grow up at all.

That's what kind of makes it hard to judge Shinji and Asuka too harshly. I mean, in addition to the problems they had when they were younger, how many of us would like the sky to crack open and God to tell us when we're only fourteen, "time's up, put down your pencils, turn in your answer sheets"? Which is more or less what happens in the Instrumentality. "Uh, I'm still working on this one really hard emotional problem, can I have more time?" "No."

Eternal Yamcha
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Eternal Yamcha » Wed Nov 16, 2005 11:56 pm

I mean, in addition to the problems they had when they were younger, how many of us would like the sky to crack open and God to tell us when we're only fourteen, "time's up, put down your pencils, turn in your answer sheets"? Which is more or less what happens in the Instrumentality. "Uh, I'm still working on this one really hard emotional problem, can I have more time?" "No."

See, in that situation, you're suppose to sleep with the teacher >.>

I'm an A/S supporter, it just seems right. Maybe the reason she tore into Shinji more than anyone else (aside from Rei) was because she was attracted to him, contradictory to who she really was. She didn't want him close so, since she was attracted to him, she had to push harder to make sure that he never got close.

Of course I am probably wrong and will either never see a response, get a tiny paragraph response... Or a freaking essay.

akda1ndaonly1
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby akda1ndaonly1 » Thu Nov 17, 2005 12:45 am

Eternal Yamcha wrote:I'm an A/S supporter, it just seems right. Maybe the reason she tore into Shinji more than anyone else (aside from Rei) was because she was attracted to him, contradictory to who she really was. She didn't want him close so, since she was attracted to him, she had to push harder to make sure that he never got close.

Of course I am probably wrong and will either never see a response, get a tiny paragraph response... Or a freaking essay.

Well, you can't go wrong on something that is based on opinion.

Well, here is you response: I agree. ^^ I really don't understand why it should be A/S despite the other choices. I just feel that they click better than anyone else. IMO.
"-Deus ex machina. -What? -Our saviour."

- Donnie Darko

Evangelionfreak
Ireul
Ireul

•      
  •      

Postby Evangelionfreak » Thu Nov 17, 2005 2:54 pm

I think that Misato and Kaji made a good couple
Love always
Yuko-chan
I don't care for Eva-elitists. I don't know everything, and neither do you.

"I'm real tempted to say Kaworu and Evangelionfreak" Rahaquiel-2DIS
"Is that why they call you EvangelionFreak?" DatDude
"I will never understand you, Evangelionfreak. Never ever." Faußtin
"-Shinji is all alone, but Kaworu walks up to him and says, "So it's only us now.". End. YOU[girls]WISH. I'm looking at you, Evangelionfreak."Rahaquiel-2DIS
"Well, that still leaves Evangelionfreak straighter to me. Phew." Reichu

xiuxiu
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby xiuxiu » Thu Nov 17, 2005 6:35 pm

Asuka and Shinji

Carl Horn
Israfel
Israfel

•      
  •      

Postby Carl Horn » Thu Nov 17, 2005 10:34 pm

Eternal Yamcha wrote:
I mean, in addition to the problems they had when they were younger, how many of us would like the sky to crack open and God to tell us when we're only fourteen, "time's up, put down your pencils, turn in your answer sheets"? Which is more or less what happens in the Instrumentality. "Uh, I'm still working on this one really hard emotional problem, can I have more time?" "No."

See, in that situation, you're suppose to sleep with the teacher >.>

I'm an A/S supporter, it just seems right. Maybe the reason she tore into Shinji more than anyone else (aside from Rei) was because she was attracted to him, contradictory to who she really was. She didn't want him close so, since she was attracted to him, she had to push harder to make sure that he never got close.

Actually, in Vol. 6 of the manga, Shinji briefly entertained the idea Asuka was harsh to him because she actually liked him, the way Hikari always used to chew out Toji.

Eternal Yamcha
Ramiel
Ramiel

•      
  •      

Postby Eternal Yamcha » Fri Nov 18, 2005 2:45 am

Tiny paragraph! Who called it? Mentok, the Mind Taker!

I don't think I've read that manga all the way through, or, that I wrote it a long long time ago because I don't remember that part. This sucks though, that just reminds me that I have 1-8 and haven't read 1-3, 6 or 8.

Space Penis
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Space Penis » Sat Nov 19, 2005 10:07 am

Hunter21 wrote:I always do the Shinji x Asuka as it is my favorite pairing, but I am also fond of Misato x Kaji and Hikari x Touji. Those are my most common couplings. Another one I like to mess with is Maya/Makoto. Niether are going to get who they want so they get each other.

Stoviet Piscine: AobaxMaya is a cute couple
deformed moogle: Aoba's too tough for Maya. He's all like, "BITCH, pickup the gun!"

Cyanna
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Cyanna » Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:23 pm

I'm more A/S really as far as Shinji is concerned. I like the idea of polar opposites finding a way to get along with each other. Even though the relationship itself is shaky, they do make a good team and pull through whenever a problem arises (most of the time).

AsukaxShinji.....and ReixKaworu.

*dodges the tomatoes*

*shrugs* AS is kinda common...a helluva lot more than RK anyway. I don't know where I really stand on RK. Lovers? Meh...friends? *shrugs* But I find it a little intriguing that Kaworu's "last smile" was for Rei and not Shinji. It's really more of an intuition thing since the both of them are on a seperate wavelength from the rest of humanity...a more intangible connection. I have no evidence to support it. I just like seeing them together.

Space Penis
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Space Penis » Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:36 pm

I don't think R/K is that bad, when you consider that line of Kaoru's from GoS2 about Rei.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:56 pm

Cyanna wrote: like the idea of polar opposites finding a way to get along with each other...

AsukaxShinji.....and ReixKaworu.

To my mind, the opposites quip applies to R/K as well - when the two of them meet at the top of the escalator, for example; and it carries on even to the end of the confrontation, where she glares down at him.

An exchange of partners, and you have much better set-up for tragic love.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

rb_182_
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby rb_182_ » Sun Nov 20, 2005 4:53 pm

I do think Rei and Kaworu end up together.. but not in a couple way.. but as in existing together.. because in my opinion when you see the two of them standing together with the clouds in the background, they will always be watching over everything. Like they say in my fav part of the movie - Rei is the everlasting hope.. the hope that people will one day be able to understand each other, and Kawour is the words... "I Love You". I think they are two being that will always be watching over everything. that is why I think they both have a higher purpose in the show than just characters.. they are symbols for things.
The Real Ending to Evangelion~~
Rei goes insane!!~~
~Rei is hope.. the hope that people will one day be able to understand each other, and Kaworu is the words... "I Love You". I think they are two beings that will always be watching over everything~

superdoughboy4
Sandalphon
Sandalphon

•      
  •      

Postby superdoughboy4 » Wed Nov 23, 2005 10:39 am

Well...
Hmm...
Sohruyuu and Shinji might make a good couple if it wasn't for her pride and ego.
But, if she were to be in a deep relationship with him, she might just change, seeing as how she hurts him because she likes him.

rb_182_
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby rb_182_ » Wed Nov 23, 2005 2:03 pm

I always thought that Asuka's ego is the reason she won't admit she loves Shinji. She tried to ask superior and doesn't want to lower herself down to his level. but I think she loves him, that's why she coreses his cheek at the end.
The Real Ending to Evangelion~~
Rei goes insane!!~~
~Rei is hope.. the hope that people will one day be able to understand each other, and Kaworu is the words... "I Love You". I think they are two beings that will always be watching over everything~

Trowa_Ayanami
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Trowa_Ayanami » Wed Nov 23, 2005 3:55 pm

rb_182_ wrote:but I think she loves him, that's why she coreses his cheek at the end.

I'm not sure it was out of love. I mean, Asuka had been through one of the most traumatic experiences of her life. It was a miracle she even made herself move. She was probably still in shock.
Spike Spiegel: Look at my eyes, Faye. One of them is a fake because I lost it in an accident. Since then, I've been seeing the past in one eye and the present in the other. So, I thought I could only see patches of reality, never the whole picture. I felt like I was watching a dream I could never wake up from. Before I knew it, the dream was over.

The follower of the Shinji/Rei paring

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Nov 23, 2005 3:58 pm

rb_182_ wrote:She ... doesn't want to lower herself down to his level.

That is my reading too - and one that is borne out by the warped-flashback scenes in Complementation.

rb_182_ wrote:but I think she loves him, that's why she coreses his cheek at the end.

I don't think the caress can be taken out of the rest of the context in which it takes place. I've previously outlined why we might see these two gestures - Yui's farewell Image, and Asuka's "caress" Image in quick succession (for reasons discussed elsewhere in the thread cited).

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Fave couple [2]

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Wed Dec 22, 2010 2:07 am

Rebooting thread viewtopic.php?t=1411

View Original Postdylanjacobs1991 wrote:whoo, boy am i gonna get flamed for this, i'm sure that this topic has come up a GAZILLION-and one times, but i just really like to know this stuff, who is everyones fave couple, straight (Asuka/Shinji, Misato/Kaji) Gay (Kaworu/Shinji, Maya/Ritsuko) Whatever, i would just like to know...

May favorite would have to be Touji and Hikari, don't ask me why i just find it sweet how they can have such a cute and touching little romance going on in a "Die of Depression" kinda series, i also like Asuka/Shinji :D

Carrying on from viewtopic.php?p=408946#408946

Return to “Evangelion General and Chit-Chat”