American Screening Rumors Thread

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
AchtungAffen
Banned

Weva's screening in the US??

•      
  •      

Postby AchtungAffen » Tue Feb 05, 2008 7:52 am

Oh shi...
http://animeanime.jp/news/archives/2008/02/post_285.html

しかし一方で、映画作品と興行情報に定評のある米国の映画情報データサイトのIMDbでは、『ヱヴァンゲリヲン新劇場版:序』のリリース予定欄に、韓国の2008年1月24日に加えて米国の2008年2月22日を掲載されている。
 現段階で、米国公開の情報は確認されていないので不明だが、今月中に映画祭などで『ヱヴァンゲリヲン新劇場版:序』が米国紹介される可能性もある。

Although IMDB gives certain dates for screening in Korea and even the US (I guess), there's no confirmation. But, 'tseems Jyo might be recommended for certain film festival in America.

In fact, the guy who posted the link originally said:
2月22日から米国でも公開される可能性があるとのこと。
"Oh, Constantine! To how many evils origin was given, not by your conversion to Christianity, but by the dowry which from you received the first Pope that was rich!" - Dante
How can you expect to live in a Republic when you don't care about the res-publica?
"The gun, in all its forms, was the epochal tool of white male supremacy, which is why it continues to have irrational appeal. As much as the jack-booted hate Jews and blacks, that much they love their guns." - James Carrol
My List @ AniDB

- Original activist against the lockers-that-be -

honsou
Zeruel
Zeruel

•      
  •      

Postby honsou » Tue Feb 05, 2008 12:48 pm

I really hope this happens...and that its close enough to me so i can actually see it.

Indigo Arcangel
Sahaquiel
Sahaquiel

•      
  •      

Postby Indigo Arcangel » Tue Feb 05, 2008 3:21 pm

Erm, no offense, but is therre a translation of that?
Normality is overrated

Kaworu/Asuka - give it a chance!
(Clarification - I still like Asuka/Shinji)

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Tue Feb 05, 2008 4:19 pm

Better than nothing:

Google Translate wrote:Published last September by the great popular theatre WEVANGERIWON new version: introduction, but at the end of last month, South Korea, Japan and abroad, the first theatrical start.
In Japan, the Motion Picture Producers Association of Japan announced that the 2007 box office 20 billion yen barrier to the realization that only the first box-office abroad also gathered attention.

The South Korean box office turnout in the number of theatres in 10 theaters started January 18 to 20 in the weekend box office ranking 15th in its first appearance. Theatre Museum to expand the number of 31-January 25 to 27 the week of the 11th ranking Xing yield results. Xing cumulative yield of 27 is about 30 million yen.
Hollywood's domestic and較べhuge movie screen to the small number of WEVANGERIWON, the average revenue per screen, the movie this week is Korea's No. 1 Xing yield our greatest moment in the life of Hollywood, and SF Cloverfield monster movie, and the third largest after that. South Korea and Japan, as well as greater-than-expected popularity of pre think looks good.

WEVANGERIWON acclaim Korea's new version of the theater: introduction, but this would concern is the future of the world except Korea deployment. However, non-Korean currently in theatrical and DVD release has been announced yet.
WEVANGERIWON new version of the theater: the mechanism works, and last October the Tokyo International Film Festival held in parallel establishment TIFFCOM2008 content market, the sale of Nippon Television is one of the major titles. If there is always overseas sales for the license if, after the second half of this year, or DVD movie will be released in other countries. Conversely speaking, the more other countries will take time release.
South Korea last October in the 12th Pusan International Film Festival in the new theater version WEVANGERIWON: closing mechanism works, as is being shown. The environment is such a speed and also led public.

However, films and information established American box office movie information data IMDb site, the theater's new version WEVANGERIWON: release mechanism, field, South Korea's January 24, 2008 in addition to the United States February 22, 2008 has been published.
At this point, the American public is not known but unknown, in this month's film festival, a new theater version WEVANGERIWON: introduction, the United States may have to be introduced.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

drinian
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby drinian » Tue Feb 05, 2008 5:39 pm

The only thing I can see this month that comes even close to a reasonable venue is the Portland International Film Festival, which doesn't seem to have a list of films up yet.

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Tue Feb 05, 2008 6:14 pm

From the Google translation, it looks like the international release it's talking about is the upcoming Korean release, and the USA thing is just quoting IMDB's unsubstantiated release date.
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”