Was ist denn hier los?

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Thu Dec 13, 2007 11:56 pm

Maybe it's just some sort of teaser commercial Gainax made to promote the Rebuild movies? "The Angels are back again." Meaning, you can see them for the second time, only this time on the big screen?
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

drinian
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby drinian » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:25 am

Whoever posted it on YouTube also posted it on NicoVideo. Notice that they cross-reference each other.

This lends somewhat more credence to the idea that the 071231 username is a pointer to something happening on December 31, 2007. Of course, as far as I can tell, NicoVideo/SmileVideo are just Japanese Youtube competitors, so anyone could have uploaded them.

Grasping at straws here, I also noticed that on the NicoVideo page, the video is tagged with "エヴァンゲリオン," which is the old transliteration, not Rebuild's "ヱヴァンゲリヲン."

Rebuild 2 isn't scheduled to come out until 2008, anyway. Guess we'll just have to wait and see.

V
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby V » Fri Dec 14, 2007 12:37 am

I think this is a trailer for a video game or even Rebuild; Halo had trailers like this

I don't think the quality was good enough to be live action

but what happens on New Years Eve?
Who is "Codename V"?....
I'm pleased to meet you and I hope you guessed my name, but what's puzzling you, is the nature of my game...so catch me if you can!! (0:50)
"Superior ability breeds superior ambition" -- Spock, Star Trek TOS episode 1.24 "Space Seed"
You say you say you want a REvolution?...
-->It was only after I lost everything, that I realized: I was free to do anything...

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:41 am

NAveryW wrote:EDIT: W00, 1440th post! It's significant because it's the number of minutes in a day, you see.

Now you're on 1441, which is the number of the infamous UN resolution on Iraq.

But I digress.

If this is indeed for a Gainax-sponsored videogame, I think it really is damn fantastic. Can't wait to see what comes of it!
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Wevangeliwon
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Wevangeliwon » Fri Dec 14, 2007 6:06 am

By Japanese film standard especially, this is amazing. I wish this was for a real EVA LA, but alas. 071231 leaves to me to suggest something is going to happen on that date. It looks damn near professional and does look like Gainax did it.

Hope this leads to something.

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Fri Dec 14, 2007 1:21 pm

The CGI definitely does look good by Japanese standards (I'm comparing it to the Tetsujin 28 movie). When considering this in regards to Rebuild, it is important to note that, as drinian said, it's spelled without the W-style stuff. Also, it has "New Century" in the title.

The CGI could certainly have been done by an amateur, but the live-action part with the human actors is what makes it seem a bit more professional to me. Then there's the way the CG elements blend in with the motion live action camera.

I'll conjecture there's a 50% chance this is fanmade, 40% chance it's for a video game, and a 10% chance it's for something else we haven't thought of.
"Today?... hmm... today... right... Um... I'm just gonna wing it." -Guess who

AchtungAffen
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby AchtungAffen » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:49 pm

It's a game
http://eva-project.jp/eva4/pc/top.html

A pachinko. 'Tseems this one is the second commercial, directed by Yamazaki Takashi.
http://eva-project.jp/eva4/pc/html/promotion/promotion.html
"Oh, Constantine! To how many evils origin was given, not by your conversion to Christianity, but by the dowry which from you received the first Pope that was rich!" - Dante
How can you expect to live in a Republic when you don't care about the res-publica?
"The gun, in all its forms, was the epochal tool of white male supremacy, which is why it continues to have irrational appeal. As much as the jack-booted hate Jews and blacks, that much they love their guns." - James Carrol
My List @ AniDB

- Original activist against the lockers-that-be -

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Fri Dec 14, 2007 8:53 pm

Hahaha, I was expecting a game but not a pachinko one XD

jenova7
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby jenova7 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:00 pm

aww man all that excitement for a pinball game

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Fri Dec 14, 2007 9:04 pm

So if that was the second commercial, how do I see the first one?

And I'm guessing this machine will be released December 31st?

V
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby V » Fri Dec 14, 2007 10:02 pm

I never thought it was real, but it was fun to see it like a concept drawing of "What would a real LA clip look like?"
Who is "Codename V"?....
I'm pleased to meet you and I hope you guessed my name, but what's puzzling you, is the nature of my game...so catch me if you can!! (0:50)
"Superior ability breeds superior ambition" -- Spock, Star Trek TOS episode 1.24 "Space Seed"
You say you say you want a REvolution?...
-->It was only after I lost everything, that I realized: I was free to do anything...

drinian
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby drinian » Sat Dec 15, 2007 3:40 pm

Wow, that has to be by far the nicest Pachinko ad I've ever seen.

UrsusArctos

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:39 pm

That explains everything. :lol: Looks like it had all of us in a shock for a while.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

AchtungAffen
Banned

•      
  •      

Postby AchtungAffen » Sat Dec 15, 2007 10:04 pm

Someone send Greenfield a link...

or better not.
"Oh, Constantine! To how many evils origin was given, not by your conversion to Christianity, but by the dowry which from you received the first Pope that was rich!" - Dante
How can you expect to live in a Republic when you don't care about the res-publica?
"The gun, in all its forms, was the epochal tool of white male supremacy, which is why it continues to have irrational appeal. As much as the jack-booted hate Jews and blacks, that much they love their guns." - James Carrol
My List @ AniDB

- Original activist against the lockers-that-be -

The Eva Monkey
IT'S OVER 9000!!!
IT'S OVER 9000!!!

•      
  •      

Postby The Eva Monkey » Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:12 pm

AchtungAffen wrote:It's a game
http://eva-project.jp/eva4/pc/top.html

A pachinko. 'Tseems this one is the second commercial, directed by Yamazaki Takashi.
http://eva-project.jp/eva4/pc/html/promotion/promotion.html

The Japanese and their tricks...

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Tue Dec 18, 2007 2:24 pm

Wow, I just found an incredibly rare Eva Monkey post! Does that mean I get to go to Wonka's Chocolate Factory now?
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

NAveryW
Insect Politician
Insect Politician

•      
  •      

Postby NAveryW » Fri Jan 04, 2008 6:40 pm

Hey guys, December 31st, 2007 was a while ago. Anything new since then? The account has no new YouTube videos. Was that just the game's release date?

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”