[MANGA] Is there a way

For talking about all other entries in the Evangelion franchise: from the various manga and video games to merchandising and various video/audio releases.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
bap_120790
Adam

Is there a way

•      
  •      

Postby bap_120790 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:18 pm

Is there a way a person could read the manga without relying on translations? (i'm thinking of something along the lines of a Japanese to english translator)

Just wondering.

slothen
First Ancestral Sloth
First Ancestral Sloth

•      
  •      

Postby slothen » Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:40 pm

learn Japanese.
God, Apparently you all have been discussing Q since November. Catching up on the discussion is harrowing.

MAL Profile

bap_120790
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby bap_120790 » Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:46 pm

oh, i'm currently trying to do so.

BrikHaus
Dokutah Tenma
Dokutah Tenma

•      
  •      

Postby BrikHaus » Mon Nov 19, 2007 3:58 pm

Look at the pictures and just make up the words. You'd have your very own Evangelion: Choose Your Own Adventure story right there.
Awesomely Shitty
-"That purace has more badassu maddafaakas zan supermax spaceland."
-On EMF, as a thread becomes longer, the likelihood that fem-Kaworu will be mentioned increases exponentially.
-the only English language novel actually being developed in parallel to its Japanese version involving a pan-human Soviet in a galactic struggle to survive and to export the communist utopia/revolution to all the down trodden alien class and race- one of the premise being that Khrushchev remains and has abandoned Lysenko stupidity

chee
EGF Hate Machine
EGF Hate Machine

•      
  •      

Postby chee » Mon Nov 19, 2007 11:44 pm

OH THE POSSIBILITIES!!

I could name Shinji "Don McWunderwubble", and his prime motivation in life could be fighting for the sake of rescuing Princess Yuki from Emperor Hairy Michel Foucalt. Kaji would be the result of James Bond/Han Solo/Ash gene splicing. Asuka would have a thick Russian accent, and her first line would be "It was I killed the old pawnbroker woman and her sister Lizaveta with an axe and robbed them." Fuyutsuki would be a really ugly woman. All of Misato's flashback lines would simply consist of descriptions of freak accidents from her days as a clown.

Anonymous_Evafan
Minion
Minion

•      
  •      

Postby Anonymous_Evafan » Tue Nov 20, 2007 12:39 am

Damn Brik, when did you become so fucking hilarious?
Oh, but God forbid any of these theories have any validity! After all, we are just brainwashing innocent people with Reichu's fanclub propaganda!--Trigger's Elysium sarcasm for the masses!

Darknemo2000
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Darknemo2000 » Tue Nov 20, 2007 2:58 pm

As far as machine translator goes... All of them are much worser tha human translator specially online ones.

I would recommend you trying ATLAS V 12 for now.

Yet for it to be able to translate you would need an Japanese character recognition tool that would be able to recognize Japanese text in pictures and to put it in text that you can copy/paste into ATLAS later.

Sadly all of optical character recognition tools are rather crappy. The best I know for the date is readiris but for it to work properly you would nbeed a REALLY REALLY clean manga scan that would use proper kanji or harigana script as well.

Wevangeliwon
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Wevangeliwon » Tue Nov 20, 2007 3:46 pm

Hmm . . .

learn Japanese. Or just gather from what they say from the pictures.

Return to “Everything Else Evangelion”