Animation and Design quality in End of Evangelion

For serious and at times in-depth discussions only, covering the original TV series, the movies End of Evangelion and Death & Rebirth.

Moderator: Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion and abide by them.
Reichu
Admin Emeritus
Admin Emeritus

•      
  •      

Postby Reichu » Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:16 pm

BEsERk EVA01 wrote:Hmm...I've JUST been on your website

Let's say it together, kids: Non sequitur.

and, frankly, it's pretty boring

Don't make me pull out the birdy! Enough people e-mail me about the site to make me occasionally wish it didn't live in a state of perpetual Geocities-esque limbo.

Sachiel_13 wrote:it also was a great climax for Unit-02. and you coud actually feel sad that Unit-02 lost.

I was mourning DESPITE what the design team did. And probably in part because of it. Nya!
さらば、全てのEvaGeeks。
「滅びの運命は新生の喜びでもある」
Departure Message | The Arqa Apocrypha: An Evangelion Analysis Blog

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:00 am

Reichu wrote:
BEsERk EVA01 wrote:Hmm...I've JUST been on your website

Let's say it together, kids: Non sequitur.

Oooh Oooh! I read that comic! Although you know, nothing beats Calvin & Hobbes in my opinion, oh that Calvin, what a rascal he was with his idea of Penal substitution! :lol:

Reichu wrote:
and, frankly, it's pretty boring

Don't make me pull out the birdy! Enough people e-mail me about the site to make me occasionally wish it didn't live in a state of perpetual Geocities-esque limbo.

This somehow reminds me of how Da Lion keeps getting complaints about the CnC games on his site, although he makes it clear he has no official connection to them.

Reichu wrote:
Sachiel_13 wrote:it also was a great climax for Unit-02. and you coud actually feel sad that Unit-02 lost.

I was mourning DESPITE what the design team did. And probably in part because of it. Nya!

Indeed, she fought dearly in that battle, ferociously, to assert her will and her right to live, yet, in the end, it was simply not enough. It was a moment that transcended even when she was mind-raped, for here she put forth her best effort, she had faced herself, her inner demons, realized the truth, fought back, and we would all like to think that counted for something, yet she was cut down all same. It was a moment which consumed whatever optimism was left within the story, perhaps in a way that reflects reality itself.

It was a moment that I now identify with a quote by Stephen Crane:
"A man said to the universe: 'Sir, I exist!' 'However,' replied the universe. 'The fact has not created in me A sense of obligation.' " B)
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

•      
  •      

Postby UrsusArctos » Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:32 am

chee wrote:
BEsERk EVA01 wrote:And, I wonder, what do Evangelions taste like?

"Chicken" comes to mind, somehow.

Smells like Napalm, tastes like Chicken!
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:44 am

Alaska Slim wrote:Indeed, she fought dearly in that battle, ferociously, to assert her will and her right to live, yet, in the end, it was simply not enough.

You are both talking about Kyoko-sama here, it seems.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Alaska Slim
Frigus Ignoramus
Frigus Ignoramus

•      
  •      

Postby Alaska Slim » Sat Nov 03, 2007 8:55 am

Eh, I referring more to Asuka, but I suppose she could be included in that context as well... "give credit where credit is due" and all that jazz, with her being the Eva and all. 8)
"Therefore encourage one another and build one another up, just as you are doing." - 1 Thessalonians 5:11

"It is one of the blessings of old friends that you can afford to be stupid with them." -Ralph Waldo Emerson

"God is in his Heaven, and free men walk upon the Earth" - Rev. Robert Sirico, President of the Acton Institute

Sachi
Oh Daddy!
Oh Daddy!

•      
  •      

Postby Sachi » Sat Nov 03, 2007 7:28 pm

i was kinda more referring to Asuka too, but you get the point
- Sachi

I host the discord server for the EvaGeeks forums. Join us! https://discord.gg/aBQ3F6M9yp

BEsERk EVA01
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby BEsERk EVA01 » Sun Nov 04, 2007 2:34 am

Yeah, Asuka does seem fighting for life, she just wanted to live so badly, and it does seem sad that she lost. Darn.

*Gee, it's 6:00 pm here and when I'm sleeping, everyone's posting like crazy*
>>My User Profile On EvaPedia<<
>>Per Ardua ad Astra, Through Struggle To The Stars<<
>>Nothing<<

Return to “Evangelion TV Series + EoE Discussion”