Rebuild Megumi Ogata interview snippet

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

Rebuild Megumi Ogata interview snippet

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Nov 08, 2009 4:07 am

Thought I might as well spoiler-tag this to be on the safe side.

This is a brief snippet, but very interesting stuff nevertheless: https://web.archive.org/web/20110909175841/http://zepy.momotato.com/2009/07/07/ogata-megumi-on-evangelion-voice-acting/

Enjoy! ^_^

Edit: Dead link, fixed!
Last edited by Sailor Star Dust on Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
~Take care of yourself, I need you~

master_lloyd
Nerv Employee
Nerv Employee

•      
  •      

Postby master_lloyd » Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:26 am

I'd always wondered how Ogata went about the Hospital scene in EOE, but now we know she drew 'inspiration' from Gendo. Nice to know the seiyus had a bit of fun during their time on the original series/movie.
Neon Genesis Evangelion (from the Greek Ευανγελιον, meaning "Gigantic robots piloted by mentally ill children")
Eva Facts:
-Gendo's final silenced line to Ritsuko was "I'm going to shoot you now."
-Nagisa Kaworu kills a kitten every time you masturbate.
-Kaji's first and last name was Kaji

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Electric Sachiel » Sun Nov 08, 2009 6:46 am

Indeed....."recordings where i had to shout a lot near the end of the 2.0 movie"? Seriously? In this day and age has it really come to this when we have to spoiler tag a new thread because of this scarce reference to 2.0? This is hardly spoiler worthy.

Honestly.....it doesnt even specify which scenes from 2.0 that Shinji shouts a lot. I could say that Shinji also shouted a lot near the end of the original NGE and End of Eva as well. Simply put "shouting" a lot just means he's in a state of duress. Or you can assume hes being hurt in some action scene. Meh.

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

•      
  •      

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Nov 08, 2009 7:01 am

Electric Sachiel wrote:This is hardly spoiler worthy.
Quite.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:32 am

Electric Sachiel: And you're making such a big deal about this why? Thread status can always be changed you know. :rolleyes: It just there have been idiots who did spoil things about 2.0 in spoiler-free threads before.

Electric Sachiel
Lilin
Lilin

•      
  •      

Postby Electric Sachiel » Sun Nov 08, 2009 11:38 am

Sailor Star Dust wrote:Electric Sachiel: And you're making such a big deal about this why? Thread status can always be changed you know. :rolleyes: It just there have been idiots who did spoil things about 2.0 in spoiler-free threads before.

Thats quite a surprise to be sure. Idiots that would bring up stuff to make an otherwise spoiler-less thread into one that is? Guess thats something i overlooked. Sorry

I was worked up a bit by this because as you know i was banned for a time due to this strict Spoiler regime.....yeah. To see even threads like these marked for spoilers really peeves me. :smirk:

Sailor Star Dust
Kept you waiting, huh?
Kept you waiting, huh?

•      
  •      

Postby Sailor Star Dust » Sun Nov 08, 2009 12:10 pm

Electric Sachiel wrote:I was worked up a bit by this because as you know i was banned for a time due to this strict Spoiler regime.....yeah.

Ah, I didn't remember that. BUT Reichu/Ursus/everybody placed the rules they did in for a reason.

Anyway, this interview gets me wondering if other seiyuu or even Anno himself was interviewed around the time of 2.0. I'd love to see Maaya Sakamoto's thoughts on things at least.

And the discussion about Shinji and the fap scene is hilarious, the sauce from that is actually a Japanese TV show which can be seen here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xRIWL4O79JY It's at the 3:00 to the 3:24 mark, though if you don't know much Japanese you'll probably be "whatever" about it. -o-;

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”