Amazon Prime Video release

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Hooded_Omar
Lilith

Re: Amazon Prime Video release

•      
  •      

Postby Hooded_Omar » Thu Aug 12, 2021 5:58 am

Yeah, I'm getting that too.

xenosaga
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby xenosaga » Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:00 am

It's funny how the user reviews are already up even though I don't think you can watch it yet even in Japan (at least according to the official twitter)
Also sprach Zarathustra

Hooded_Omar
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Hooded_Omar » Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:08 am

I'm wondering if it'll come out worldwide at midnight JST. Because if it does that means less than 4 hours of waiting!

xenosaga
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby xenosaga » Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:17 am

Will be kinda funny if that happens since it won't be 13th in most regions at that time lol.
Also sprach Zarathustra

Hooded_Omar
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Hooded_Omar » Thu Aug 12, 2021 6:23 am

Perhaps that's why they removed all mentions of August 13 from the product page lol.

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby JoelcrNeto » Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:02 am

View Original PostBernardoCairo wrote:Amazon's multi-language Evangelion experience
Warning: the last bit contains potential spoilers!

I personally liked the dub in all that languages; the voice actors did a good job. Congratulations to everyone!
“Like a miracle, life starts with the pain / Forever this will be” — “Heroes of Sand” by Angra.
“É porque nós gostamos de você. Obrigada por conversar comigo. Vem, me dá a sua mão para andarmos juntos.” — Rei to Shinji (Portuguese dub).

EvaGeeks official Discord server

dzzthink
Shamshel
Shamshel

•      
  •      

Postby dzzthink » Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:08 am

View Original PostFullMetalBiscuit wrote:I'm somewhat doubting it'll be up in 12 hours everywhere, so I'd assume it'll come out in each timezone as midnight hits. We'll know soon enough anyway!

I'm hoping it is!
"Everything is permissible, but not everything is beneficial. Everything is permissible but not everything is constructive." - 1 Corinthians 10:23

xenosaga
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby xenosaga » Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:10 am

apparently it's already out in New Zealand (since they already reached midnight) so I assume it's midnight per region?
Also sprach Zarathustra

Hooded_Omar
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Hooded_Omar » Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:18 am

I checked but Amazon doesn't have a New Zealand site?

xenosaga
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby xenosaga » Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:23 am

I think it's just for Prime Video in that region. Like There is no Amazon where I live as well, but they support prime video.

Just tried using VPN myself and yeah it seems to be up. Of course I can't watch it cause they know I am using VPN.

Interesting thing is that Anno documentary supports English subtitles. Didn't know that..
Also sprach Zarathustra

Hooded_Omar
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby Hooded_Omar » Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:34 am

Well then, I guess I'll have to wait till it's midnight in the US since I have a US account :P

bobgoesw00t
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby bobgoesw00t » Thu Aug 12, 2021 7:44 am

I might have had a tiny nerdgasm hearing Spike Spencer and Allison Keith at the end of the video while mentally balling my eyes out. SOOOOOO EXCITED TO SEE THE MOVIE AT A THEATER ON CATURDAY!!! :D
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!

Erufailon4
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Erufailon4 » Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:07 am

So they're releasing it timezone by timezone at midnight, kinda like music releases on Spotify? That's certainly a way to stick to the announced release date in every timezone but also means it's very likely being uploaded to pirate sites right now. Oh well, time to start muting spoilery words on Twitter.

View Original Postxenosaga wrote:Interesting thing is that Anno documentary supports English subtitles. Didn't know that..

I didn't even know the Anno documentary will be on Prime Video too. That's cool.

IDontWantNoScrub
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby IDontWantNoScrub » Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:31 am

Can't believe that it has been 11 years since I became a fan. Back then I couldn't have imagined that a decade would pass until I saw the grand finale.

Sayonara261022
Embryo

•      
  •      

Postby Sayonara261022 » Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:48 am

Omg it is online on that pirate site!
Last edited by Sayonara261022 on Fri Aug 13, 2021 4:06 am, edited 1 time in total.

mastafishere
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby mastafishere » Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:50 am

View Original PostIDontWantNoScrub wrote:Can't believe that it has been 11 years since I became a fan. Back then I couldn't have imagined that a decade would pass until I saw the grand finale.

24 years for me. Watching End of Eva was cathartic and definitive and then there were a few years when I just regarded the series as this complete work that I would think about fondly from time to time. Ever since the Rebuilds were announced, though, the excitement of looking at the series again with a new perspective has steadily been growing, amplifying with each new installment.

I know the Rebuilds get a lot of hate but they really are incredibly well-made films filled with overwhelming emotion and amazing set pieces. NGE is legendary and changed my life, but the Rebuilds have been an amazing companion piece that has kept the series relevant and stimulating to my mind. I'm looking forward to having closure with the series once again, but I'm also a little bit sad that this wild ride is going to be over after so long.

To bring this discussion back on topic, it's possible that the Amazon Pime NZ just jumped the gun with their release. For some reason, I doubt they would do a by-time zone release, so that means, by my understanding, we'll get it either a) Japan midnight, which is around 11 AM EST or b) England Midnight, which is around 8 PM EST.

Or maybe someone at Amazon accidentally deletes the file which, for some reason, is the one and only copy, and we don't EVER get to see the movie at all!

BernardoCairo
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby BernardoCairo » Thu Aug 12, 2021 8:58 am

The movie is out in New Zealand, huh? I guess we'll have to wait for Shin Evangelion individually, guys.
Just sit here and waste your precious time. When you want to do something, don't do it right away. Don't do it when you can. Read my posts instead. It's the only way to live a life without regrets.

CoolJosh2002
Lilith

•      
  •      

Postby CoolJosh2002 » Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:03 am

I think it is a by timezone release. All four just dropped in parts of Australia. Not going to watch it yet but I know people are excited!

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

•      
  •      

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:10 am

Staggered midnight release by timezone is better than the chaos of dropping it at the same time everywhere!

I built my whole work week around taking tomorrow off so I'm swamped today AND I was planning to start 3.33 at 10:25 tonight so right when the film ends it's midnight and I can go right into 3.0+1.0.

If the movie was available starting at 11am my time my whole day would suddenly be 100 times longer.
Last edited by Gendo'sPapa on Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:12 am, edited 1 time in total.

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Thu Aug 12, 2021 9:12 am

So seeing as it's made it's way to some "sites" I'll put it, just a healthy reminder to everyone that the spoiler policy is still in effect until August 23.
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”