Shin Eva - Official Social Media: 2.22 You Can (Not) Release

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
Thesufferingpumpkin
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Re: Shin Eva - Official Social Media: 2.22 You Can (Not) Release

Postby Thesufferingpumpkin » Tue Mar 02, 2021 12:43 pm

Really looking forward to photos of people queuing overnight to watch LOL

GhostlyOcam
Ireul
Ireul

Postby GhostlyOcam » Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:12 pm

For those who are curious, the first day screenings (March 8) in Grand Cinema Sunshine Ikebukuro start as early as 7:00AM with the final one listed on 17:15 with a total of 19 showtimes, that's still quite a lot considering this list is made with limited business hour in mind, Shin being released in multiple formats also helps in helping it getting as many screens and showtimes as possible.
Breathe the air, take in the feeling of peace and harmony.

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Postby JoelcrNeto » Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:20 pm

View Original PostGhostlyOcam wrote:Megumi Ogata has a new song for her new album written by Junichi Sato (of the band fhana) that she considered an unofficial "image song" for Shin Eva and Shinji.

Interesting, I want to listen to this song.

She used the symbol "≒" in your tweet, IIRC this symbol means "approximately equal to" or "a image of", I don't remember if this symbol has any more meaning in Japanese culture.
“Like a miracle, life starts with the pain / Forever this will be” — “Heroes of Sand” by Angra.
“É porque nós gostamos de você. Obrigada por conversar comigo. Vem, me dá a sua mão para andarmos juntos.” — Rei to Shinji (Portuguese dub).

EvaGeeks official Discord server

GhostlyOcam
Ireul
Ireul

Postby GhostlyOcam » Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:34 pm

It looks similar to Two Bars Repeat symbol and considering the song's title is "Repeat", I thought that was what she meant, like how we've been using either ":|I" or ":||" to type Shin Eva title symbol. :lol:

Oh, the album is out on April! The aesthetic kinda reminds me of Radiohead's A Moon Shaped Pool.

Tajai
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Tajai » Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:42 pm

View Original PostGhostlyOcam wrote:Oh, the album is out on April! The aesthetic kinda reminds me of Radiohead's A Moon Shaped Pool.

Random thought, but I wish Anno would put a track of A Moon Shaped Pool in 3.0+1.0. More specifically Daydreaming. It's so eerie and weirdly hopeful in a way, it kinda fits.
God's in his heaven, all's right with the world.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby kuribo-04 » Tue Mar 02, 2021 1:44 pm

Since I commented on this in this topic and people were interested, the white plug suit Asuka can be preordered under the name "bandai ichibansho EVA-13 STARTING! Asuka SHIKINAMI LANGLEY" in several stores.

I'm seeing people online saying this is a leak and confirms Asuka and Mari will pilot Eva-13. This is NOT the case. It's the name for the set of figures, which also includes, Mari, Rei, Eva-13 itself, etc.

One store link:
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Postby JoelcrNeto » Tue Mar 02, 2021 2:05 pm

View Original PostGhostlyOcam wrote:It looks similar to Two Bars Repeat symbol and considering the song's title is "Repeat", I thought that was what she meant, like how we've been using either ":|I" or ":||" to type Shin Eva title symbol.

Oh, that's make sense now.
“Like a miracle, life starts with the pain / Forever this will be” — “Heroes of Sand” by Angra.
“É porque nós gostamos de você. Obrigada por conversar comigo. Vem, me dá a sua mão para andarmos juntos.” — Rei to Shinji (Portuguese dub).

EvaGeeks official Discord server

Giji Shinka
Test Subject
Test Subject

Postby Giji Shinka » Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:12 pm

View Original PostGhostlyOcam wrote:This just in: Tokyo, Chiba, Kanagawa, Saitama are requesting additonal two weeks of lockdown, which was planned to be lifted this Sunday on the 7th, cue absolutely brutal reactions from the citizens in the replies. Presale for Shin Eva is tickets is still planned to start on Friday, as of today.

I'm absolutely sick of lockdowns and other related stuff already.
No more please.

UrsusArctos
The Beginning and The End
The Beginning and The End

Postby UrsusArctos » Tue Mar 02, 2021 4:31 pm

View Original PostGiji Shinka wrote:I'm absolutely sick of lockdowns and other related stuff already.
No more please.

Yes, we all hear you, but the damn virus has other ideas.

Don't worry, things are in motion, and we'll have 3.0 + 1.0 on March 8.
(Was Board Staff from Dec 31, 2007 - Oct 17, 2015 and Oct 20, 2020 - Aug 1, 2021)
Not knowing that Monk is bi is like not knowing the Pope is Catholic - ZapX
You're either really bad at interpreting jokes or really good at pretending you are and I have no idea which.-Monk Ed
WAAAAAAAAGH!!!!!(<-link to lunacy)...Taste me, if you can bear it. (Warning: Language NSFW)
The main point of idiocy is for the smart to have their lulz. Without human idiocy, trolling would not exist, and that's uncool, since a large part of my entertainment consists of mocking the absurdity and dumbassery of the world, especially the Internet.-MaggotMaster

Line
Tunniel
Tunniel

Postby Line » Tue Mar 02, 2021 5:31 pm

View Original PostGiji Shinka wrote:
View Original PostGhostlyOcam#911354 wrote:This just in: Tokyo, Chiba, Kanagawa, Saitama are requesting additonal two weeks of lockdown, which was planned to be lifted this Sunday on the 7th, cue absolutely brutal reactions from the citizens in the replies. Presale for Shin Eva is tickets is still planned to start on Friday, as of today.

I'm absolutely sick of lockdowns and other related stuff already.
No more please.

I'm with you in this feeling 100%!
Ban me forever.

Thesufferingpumpkin
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby Thesufferingpumpkin » Tue Mar 02, 2021 7:00 pm

As it won’t be delayed anymore at least in other areas of Japan it’s very apparent that khara just basically want the movie out now

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby Joseki » Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:09 am

Well, well, well

https://www.evangelion.co.jp/news/primevideo_eva/

Shin Eva's first 12 minutes (I presume AVANT1 and AVANT2) will be streamed on Prime Video :shifty:

EDIT: I'm not thinking they simply added a few cuts to AVANT1 compared to 2019.
Last edited by Joseki on Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:26 am, edited 1 time in total.

Thesufferingpumpkin
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby Thesufferingpumpkin » Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:15 am

View Original PostJoseki wrote:Well, well, well

https://www.evangelion.co.jp/news/primevideo_eva/

Shin Eva's first 12 minutes (I presume AVANT1 and AVANT2) will be streamed on Prime Video :shifty:

Prime video Japan*

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby Joseki » Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:19 am

It's also on YouTube and Twitter, this is the YouTube link:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uFuWWr3481w

GhostlyOcam
Ireul
Ireul

Postby GhostlyOcam » Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:31 am

With how the recap is always attached to AVANT as seen in the 0706 event, Sagisu's score sheet he tweeted a while ago, and now this event, I wonder if it's a part of the film proper. The recap is more or less 4 minutes long so if that's the case, the actual runtime of Shin Eva would be 151 minutes (which is still hella long, but you know what I mean).

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby Joseki » Wed Mar 03, 2021 4:33 am

thread/20632/Evangelion3010-First-12-minutes-10-seconds-online-preview-March-8th/

I created a thread to discuss the content of the first 12 minutes.

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

Postby Kendrix » Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:26 am

View Original PostGhostlyOcam wrote:Megumi Ogata has a new song for her new album written by Junichi Sato (of the band fhana) that she considered an unofficial "image song" for Shin Eva and Shinji.

Someone had a lot of feelings huh?

I'm getting all curiousy inside.

We're really fortunate to have this brought to us by ppl who put so much love & investment into it

This will be such fun to analyse

Like the last two movies were very different experiences, but they were sure as heck experiences. Big feelings. Wether it's the inspiring catharsis that was 2.0 to the "anal devastation" (to quote the old spoiler thread) that was Q. So I wonder what sort of wringer this last one shall put us through.
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Mr. M
Sachiel
Sachiel

Postby Mr. M » Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:31 am

View Original PostGhostlyOcam wrote:With how the recap is always attached to AVANT as seen in the 0706 event, Sagisu's score sheet he tweeted a while ago, and now this event, I wonder if it's a part of the film proper. The recap is more or less 4 minutes long so if that's the case, the actual runtime of Shin Eva would be 151 minutes (which is still hella long, but you know what I mean).

Last Time, during Operation 0706, they didn't count the Recap as a part of the movie.
The whole thing was 14 minutes and they counted just 10 (which was the Avant itself)
The fate of destruction is also the joy of rebirth.

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

Postby FXArmaros98 » Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:32 am

So I wonder what sort of wringer this last one shall put us through.

I just hope that the ending will be clearer and that it doesn't become a topic of discussion on the Internet for years as Soryu's caress and Kimochi Warui have been

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

Postby Kendrix » Wed Mar 03, 2021 5:37 am

But where would be the fun in that :devil:

I mean in the age of the internet it's much easier & quicker to 'decrypt' hard to understand content through collective effort, these days director can expect ppl to rewatch it 10 times even if they hate it, I mean we more or less cracked EoE and while TuaT might still confirm or deny it we have solid working theories for the timeskip too (as hinted by the devastation in NERV HQ).

After we're done discussing this, the party will be over and we'll all go home and only show up here once in a while when we're feeling nostalgic, so I'm hoping that we shall be kept busy

Besides today's media landscape has been shifting towards wanting everything explained & cleanly labelled as good or bad, I think an injection of ambiguity would be a nice change.
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”