Shin Eva - Official Social Media: 2.22 You Can (Not) Release

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

Re: Shin Eva - Official Social Media: 2.22 You Can (Not) Release

Postby FXArmaros98 » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:36 pm

Kendrix I believe that the bars on the moon could actually contain the human bodies of the SEELE's members, while their monoliths their minds and their souls and now that Fuyutsuki has turned them off they are definitely dead.

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

Postby Kendrix » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:44 pm

View Original PostThesufferingpumpkin wrote:Twitter account posted today about a long interview with Anno in a magazine.

Would be good to see a translation of the interview

DO WANT
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

GhostlyOcam
Ireul
Ireul

Postby GhostlyOcam » Sat Jan 16, 2021 12:55 pm

Said interview is for a train and travel magazine so I guess he only talks about Eva's train collabs and stuff. I doubt he'd drop some juicy infos for that kind of publication. :lol:
Breathe the air, take in the feeling of peace and harmony.

Thesufferingpumpkin
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

Postby Thesufferingpumpkin » Sat Jan 16, 2021 6:10 pm

Any Anno interview is worth a read especially as he rarely gives them now

It’s great to hear him give an interview

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Sun Jan 17, 2021 3:51 am

Shiro seems like such a lovable goof.

A video clip of what must’ve been the first day doing the Eva 3.0+1.0 score at Abbey Road before Covid turned everything upside down.

GhostlyOcam
Ireul
Ireul

Postby GhostlyOcam » Sun Jan 17, 2021 7:29 am

^^
I've always loved seeing Shiro's tweets especially when he's interacting with the studio musicans, not to mention all the breadcrumbs and tidbits of Shin Eva score we've been getting so far.

By the way, the Evangelion-themed issue of Train & Travel magazine this month that has Anno's interview also contains several pages dedicated to the Ube-Shinkawa Station, including the original photo of Shin Eva's 3rd poster. (Source: @kusapan)

Kendrix
Defender of Puppy Boy
Defender of Puppy Boy

Postby Kendrix » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:43 am

OOO its a real place ?!
I wanted to try harvesting the rice

I wanted to hold Tsubame more

I wanted to stay together forever with the boy I like

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

Postby kuribo-04 » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:45 am

View Original PostKendrix wrote:OOO its a real place ?!

Yeah, according to the khara2 twitter it's actually a pic taken by Anno.
AFAIK it was also taken at his hometown.
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Postby JoelcrNeto » Sun Jan 17, 2021 9:52 am

The interesting thing is that there are some differences, the poster has an extra track.
  SPOILER: Show
“Like a miracle, life starts with the pain / Forever this will be” — “Heroes of Sand” by Angra.
“É porque nós gostamos de você. Obrigada por conversar comigo. Vem, me dá a sua mão para andarmos juntos.” — Rei to Shinji (Portuguese dub).

EvaGeeks official Discord server

Mr. Tines
Administrator
Administrator

Postby Mr. Tines » Sun Jan 17, 2021 11:10 am

View Original PostKendrix wrote:OOO its a real place ?!

Roughly here, I think, though Google doesn't have a photo from exactly on the line.
Reminder: Play nicely <<>> My vanity publishing:- NGE|blog|Photos|retro-blog|Fanfics &c.|MAL|𝕏|🐸|🦣

Koishiro
Embryo

Postby Koishiro » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:27 pm

View Original PostJuanSorel wrote:Dunno. Nebuchadnezzar II is known for having restored Babylon to its former glory, and beyond. We have seen that there are way to restore the world, like Paris was in avant. Maybe it has something to do with that... Nebuchadnezzar was after all considered the great king of his era, and Kaworu calls him king of the lilim. It might all be just window dressing tough.

I believe you are onto something here.
It seems that these exotic and biblical names aren't there just for the cool factor. I do believe they mean something this time and can be seen as breadcrumbs for what is happening and what's gonna happen.

Of all the new bullshit Rebuild 2.0 throws at us, Nebuchadnezzar's Key is the one that I can't get over. It's an over complicated word to say and even more to type. So it HAS to have a relevant meaning based on the real world facts.
First things first: it's a key. Cool. Keys open and close things.

Second, as you said, Nebuchad restored Babylon to its former glory (theres some talk about Zedekiah losing his eyes after he lost his kingdom to Nebuchad, and Gendo's cyborg visor comes immediately to my mind).

Third, restoring Paris with the huge angel-tampon: these sealling pillars have a really weird design huh... That always bothered me. UNTIL I saw a terracotta clay cylinder of Babylon. The similarity is astounding.
And "sealling" might not be the right word for what it does. Really, when Tunniel was escaping from Bethany Base (more on this next) it blew through them like a hot knife cuts through butter. I believe the pillars, when activated, keep lilin atmosphere as it should; preventing contamination from angelic or core matter.
So... big cylinders that can restore "Babylon" to its former glory.

Fourth, the Key was retrieved from Bethany Base. This part is really foggy. I'll go out a limb and say that Tunniel escape was an inside job, a smoke curtain deployed by Gendo to put some pieces in the place he wanted. We had an angel destroyed, an Eva destroyed, and Nebuchad's Key retrieved.
There's interestings connections here however: Tunniel looks like a sort of serpent/dragon; and there's this Marduk guy ( ! ), an ancient god of Babylon, that had a symbolic animal and servant named Mushussu that was sort of a serpent/dragon. What a coincidence huh?
Unlucky I can't connect the Key with Tunniel, or Marduk for that matter. Was the Key extracted from something? Was it extracted from Tunniel? Or it was WITH Tunniel?
(And on a side note: Bethany was a town were Lazarus was raised from the dead by Jesus. Tunniel being Lazarus is a bit too obvious in this case)

Fifth: When Kaji delivers the Key, he says something like "the stored Lost Number kept as backup. The guidepost towards the unification of all souls unto god". And Gendo replies "Yes, used to open the door to Human Instrumentality"
Lost number? Backup? Unification unto god? Huh...

Sixth: There's a painting by William Blake depicting Nebuchad crawling in madness in a position that is oddly similar to Lilith's corpse in 3.0... Furthermore, Blake believed Nebuchad was connected to the christian apocalypse.

Seventh: The Key's design. It's very reminiscent of an injection, as it apparently is capable of injecting and collecting the little headless nervous system.
Headless nervous system.
Headless.
Lilith is headless. The FOIs are headless. Mark.09 got headless. Kaworu got headless. Theres a f*cking FACE without body in the ground.
This is all connected. It needs to be.
The FOIs were tripping all over themselves trying to reach Lilith/Yui's head before they got suspended in place. Why? Deicide.
Yes, deicide. I believe Lilith was decapitated to stop whatever happened in Dogma, and the active FOIs tried to salvage it before the impact stopped.
Oooooor... The FOIs were deliberately taking Lilith/Yui's head away from its body. For which reason? A big pile of I dont have a clue.
But I find it odd that the head (apparently) wasn't in the same state of deterioration as the body. As if they weren't suffering the same fate...
And let's not forget that Lilith's chamber is filled with zillions of craniums. Where are the headless skeletons of these craniums??
It seems that losing your head is a big deal in Rebuild (pun intended).

And consider this: if the power source of an AT-Field in angels are located in their core, where does the power source of a lilin AT-Field resides? In the mind maybe. And where the mind is?... Exactly, in the head.

And to conclude this mess I'll go all out and say: The Key is meant to be used with a head. The Key will do whatever the head wants. It will allow the door to the instrumentality to happen accordingly with the desire of the head.
Change "head" with "king", and Nebuchadnezzar's history alongside Kaworu's speech about Gendo becoming king of lilin all falls into place.

(My post went all over the place and got off topic, sorry about that... And probably everything I speculated is wrong anyway. But I really needed to put this in words. As I said earlier, I cant get over Nebuchads Key in the story.)

"Every chance we get we run"

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby Joseki » Tue Jan 19, 2021 2:55 pm

View Original PostJoelcrNeto wrote:The interesting thing is that there are some differences, the poster has an extra track.

That is because the picture for the poster was taken on the rails and not at the level crossing.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

Postby ElMariachi » Tue Jan 19, 2021 6:10 pm

View Original PostKoishiro wrote:
View Original PostJuanSorel#907056 wrote:Fourth, the Key was retrieved from Bethany Base. This part is really foggy. I'll go out a limb and say that Tunniel escape was an inside job, a smoke curtain deployed by Gendo to put some pieces in the place he wanted. We had an angel destroyed, an Eva destroyed, and Nebuchad's Key retrieved.
There's interestings connections here however: Tunniel looks like a sort of serpent/dragon; and there's this Marduk guy ( ! ), an ancient god of Babylon, that had a symbolic animal and servant named Mushussu that was sort of a serpent/dragon. What a coincidence huh?
Unlucky I can't connect the Key with Tunniel, or Marduk for that matter. Was the Key extracted from something? Was it extracted from Tunniel? Or it was WITH Tunniel?
(And on a side note: Bethany was a town were Lazarus was raised from the dead by Jesus. Tunniel being Lazarus is a bit too obvious in this case)

Fifth: When Kaji delivers the Key, he says something like "the stored Lost Number kept as backup. The guidepost towards the unification of all souls unto god". And Gendo replies "Yes, used to open the door to Human Instrumentality"
Lost number? Backup? Unification unto god? Huh...

About these two points, IIRC it's outright explained during Kaji, Gendo and Fuyutsuki's meeting that Tunniel's escape as been orchestrated by Kaji on Gendo's orders to steal the Key and cripple SEELE's researches on Angelic technology, that was even the first shot of the NERV-SEELE secret war that drive most of 2.0's events: Gendo wonders if the explosion that wiped out most of NERV US and destroyed EVA-04 wasn't SEELE's doing, and it's heavily implied that SEELE knew that EVA-03 was infected by the 9th Angel when they sent it to NERV Japan and that it was also why they insisted on having Rei as its new pilot.

For the second point, personally I took the "Lost number as a backup" line as that the Key is a "dried up" ADAM that SEELE kept in store in case their plan with EVA-01 or Mark.06 failed.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

GhostlyOcam
Ireul
Ireul

Postby GhostlyOcam » Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:05 am

According to several witnesses (lol), there's a new Shin Eva TV spot aired last night and it has new footages. According to this tweet, there's a shot of New Unit-02 armed with a sword similar to Final Fantasy IX's butterfly sword (A double-edged blade? Like the MP Eva's? HMMMM). You can dig for more by searching シンエヴァ CM on Twitter.

In any case, having the TV spots airing even after the delay gives me hope that the new release date won't be too far away from now.

Gendo'sPapa
Committeeperson
Committeeperson

Postby Gendo'sPapa » Thu Jan 21, 2021 12:48 am

Interesting. Well, hopefully someone is able to put it on Youtube. If it did actually air someone should have access to it.

In other news, tomorrow is the last day the double feature of Evangelion: Death (True) + End of Evangelion & Evangelion 3.333 You Can (Not) Redo will be playing in theaters ( :crybaby: cause then 3.0+1.0 was meant to come out :crybaby:) and a lot of people are asking the account if that means the new post-credits will be put up on Youtube then.

I wouldn't be surprised if that were the case. Nor would I be surprised if the next airing of the third film on TV - that's happening again in a few days isn't it? - could feature that as well.

But then again Khara is Khara and they've always been a little odd with marketing sometimes and since they don't have a new release date since it's all out of their hands - It's all about how Japan handles Covid, not anything they can do - I wouldn't be surprised if they don't release the teaser eitehr.

GhostlyOcam
Ireul
Ireul

Postby GhostlyOcam » Thu Jan 21, 2021 5:27 am

^^^
I'm seriously hoping that the airing of Q on January 29 will be the 3.333 version, since it's no longer on theaters come next week and would be weird to air a "less canon" version when the definitive cut already exists.

Anyway, the COVID-19 PSA in Tenjin goes full Eva, I guess nothing is stopping them from keeping up the hype even thought the actual film is delayed. Someone also uploaded an edited version with Decisive Battle playing over it. :lol:

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

Postby Joseki » Thu Jan 21, 2021 8:44 am

With the delay they may wait and release the 3.333 preview to announce the new, hopefully final, release date.

EscapismIsBad
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby EscapismIsBad » Thu Jan 21, 2021 9:55 am

View Original PostGhostlyOcam wrote:According to several witnesses (lol), there's a new Shin Eva TV spot aired last night and it has new footages. According to this tweet, there's a shot of New Unit-02 armed with a sword similar to Final Fantasy IX's butterfly sword (A double-edged blade? Like the MP Eva's? HMMMM). You can dig for more by searching シンエヴァ CM on Twitter.

Everyone knows Anno's favorite Evangelion unit at this point, right? It's ridiculous how much variations, redesigns and guns Unit-02 does have since NGE. Talk about being the best EVA unit.
I like how they're treating the EVAs, this will mean more guns for the EVAs to weld during their participation in the games (waiting for a full detailed Rebuild scenario in SRW), very cool.
*petrifies and is left floating adrift in space, where it will outlast Evangelion: Thrice Upon a Time 3.0+1.0, as an eternal testament that the human race existed*

Bye bye all of Evangelion and Evageeks.
When you feel sad remember that it's always epic Spinosaurus aegyptiacus time, you were born in the same planet as S. aegyptiacus, how cool is it?
I never understood why people hate the Rebuild because it's different and love the Series, can we just love it all without creating dilemmas and unnecessary discussions?
Be careful of 3.0+1.0 spoilers

This is truly the end of this account, forever.

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

Postby FXArmaros98 » Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:04 am

View Original PostEscapismIsBad wrote:(waiting for a full detailed Rebuild scenario in SRW), very cool.
EscapismIsBad I also look forward to the release of 3.0 + 1.0 to see how the film could be adapted in the future PS5 game. Shinji in SRW is shown more heroic, so if he will be even cooler in games in the future after the end of the Rebuilds.

EscapismIsBad
Shamshel
Shamshel

Postby EscapismIsBad » Thu Jan 21, 2021 10:16 am

View Original PostFXArmaros98 wrote:
View Original PostEscapismIsBad#907716 wrote:(waiting for a full detailed Rebuild scenario in SRW), very cool.
EscapismIsBad I also look forward to the release of 3.0 + 1.0 to see how the film could be adapted in the future PS5 game. Shinji in SRW is shown more heroic, so if he will be even cooler in games in the future after the end of the Rebuilds.

Considering how EVA seems to be regarding video games (there are like 7+ EVA games for PS2, most of it pachinko of course) I wouldn't doubt a little everything of Rebuild could be adapted into a game, it really seems like they're just waiting for Shin to hit the theaters to launch a crap load of games, much like NGE did.
*petrifies and is left floating adrift in space, where it will outlast Evangelion: Thrice Upon a Time 3.0+1.0, as an eternal testament that the human race existed*

Bye bye all of Evangelion and Evageeks.
When you feel sad remember that it's always epic Spinosaurus aegyptiacus time, you were born in the same planet as S. aegyptiacus, how cool is it?
I never understood why people hate the Rebuild because it's different and love the Series, can we just love it all without creating dilemmas and unnecessary discussions?
Be careful of 3.0+1.0 spoilers

This is truly the end of this account, forever.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”