Shin Eva - New Trailer (12-24-20)

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

Re: Shin Eva - New Trailer (12-24-20)

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 4:31 pm

View Original PostBernardoCairo wrote: But, because of Anno's other commitments, it was delayed to an unknown date. After that, we all know what happened.
I pray that Anno can really close this saga on the current date ...

BernardoCairo
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby BernardoCairo » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:03 pm

If it's for the good of society, I don't mind a possible delay. But yes. I hope Anno can finish his story once and for all. The Rebuilds have been in his head for almost twenty years by now.
Just sit here and waste your precious time. When you want to do something, don't do it right away. Don't do it when you can. Read my posts instead. It's the only way to live a life without regrets.

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:12 pm

View Original PostBernardoCairo wrote:If it's for the good of society, I don't mind a possible delay. But yes. I hope Anno can finish his story once and for all. The Rebuilds have been in his head for almost twenty years by now.

I could be wrong but there were rumors that Anno after EOE he was so depressed and angry with his own creation that he said he would no longer work on Evangelion .. Then instead .. What the money can't do? :tongue:

FreakyFilmFan4ever
(In)Sufficient Director
(In)Sufficient Director

•      
  •      

Postby FreakyFilmFan4ever » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:15 pm

If anyone knows how to release a film safely amidst this pandemic, it's Japan. If anyone knows when to declare a state of emergency in the midst of a pandemic, it's Japan. I'm not saying they're the authority on this, nor am I saying their record is perfect in this regard, but they've historically faired much better than other, more Western nations at this sort of thing. Covid-19 was not their first rodeo. (Though, it was perhaps their biggest rodeo to date.)

Al that to say, I mostly trust them to know what to do in this scenario. (Or, I trust them more than any do any of the Western nations at this point.)

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:20 pm

View Original PostFreakyFilmFan4ever wrote:If anyone knows how to release a film safely amidst this pandemic, it's Japan. If anyone knows when to declare a state of emergency in the midst of a pandemic, it's Japan. I'm not saying they're the authority on this, nor am I saying their record is perfect in this regard, but they've historically faired much better than other, more Western nations at this sort of thing.

The Japanese have even managed to get back wrestling matches with the public in almost complete safety, while WWE is still messed up ... I know wrestling is not a good example to use in an Evangelion forum but it was to show how much you are right.

hui43210
Former Moderator
Former Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby hui43210 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 5:57 pm

It could still be possible for the film to meet it's release date if restrictions are put in place. I gather bars and clubs are the primary focus of the government as they have been generally the biggest source of the spread of the virus.

However, the legitimately unparalleled box office success of Demon Slayer could have also been a large factor in the recent outburst. That will probably be considered in any possible restrictions.
I mean, predictability is the central attraction and the narrative hook that we've all come to expect from the Evangelion franchise. How come Anno can't realize this? Twice? - FreakyFilmFan4ever

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:04 pm

View Original Posthui43210 wrote:It could still be possible for the film to meet it's release date if restrictions are put in place. I gather bars and clubs are the primary focus of the government as they have been generally the biggest source of the spread of the virus.

However, the legitimately unparalleled box office success of Demon Slayer could have also been a large factor in the recent outburst. That will probably be considered in any possible restrictions.

In Italy my country when they allowed tourism again and the discos in the middle of summer they made one of the biggest mistakes I have ever seen :facepalm: .. Now Italy has a curfew again and the economy is a disaster. I hope that the Japanese who are better decision makers than Europeans and Americans in handling such problems can find a way to keep theaters open safely.

Blockio
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby Blockio » Sat Jan 02, 2021 6:08 pm

FXArmaros, stop quoting entire posts, especially when it's just one before you and you are just replying to the general sentiment
I can see why Gendo hired Misato to do the actual commanding. He tried it once and did an appalling job. ~ AWinters
Your point of view is horny, and biased. ~ glitz2hard
What about titty-ten? ~ Reichu
The movies function on their own terms. If people can't accept them on those terms, and keep expecting them to be NGE, then they probably should have realized a while ago that they weren't going to have a good time. ~ Words of wisdom courtesy of Reichu

Lennik
Sachiel
Sachiel

•      
  •      

Postby Lennik » Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:43 am

I realize I'm a week late, but Shinji is looking heroic AF in these shots and I cannot wait.

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 6:42 am

@ Lennik This trailer was full of spoilers and surprises. I fully understand your enthusiasm and impatience ^_^

Pluto
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby Pluto » Sun Jan 03, 2021 8:57 am

I just played one last kiss from the trailer for my Japanese friend and she said this feeling is the end for Evangelion in a bittersweet sense
Oh, the clock is ticking out

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 9:05 am

@ Pluto One last kiss is certainly a phrase that promises something truly bittersweet.You said your friend is Japanese right? I guess she have seen anime that in dramatic moments had a pseudo-romantic song like OST.

Thesufferingpumpkin
Gaghiel
Gaghiel

•      
  •      

Postby Thesufferingpumpkin » Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:28 pm

What was better.....

Shin eva one last kiss trailer?

Or

The live action end of evangelion trailer?

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:40 pm

I haven't seen the EOE live action trailer but I know there was a live action scene that was shot but then not inserted.We for now do not know if 3.0+1.0 will have any live action scenes :huh: I sincerely hope Anno will show us a sequence more similar to that of episode 26 where Shinji saw what his life could have been like without Angels and Evangelions.

kuribo-04
Evangelion
Evangelion

•      
  •      

Postby kuribo-04 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 1:59 pm

View Original PostFXArmaros98 wrote:I haven't seen the EOE live action trailer but I know there was a live action scene that was shot but then not inserted.

The trailer uses that unused footage actually
https://youtu.be/3ki7WIODbAw
Shinji: "Sooner or later I'll be betrayed... And they'll leave me. Still... I want to meet them again, because I believe my feelings at that time were real."
Ryuko: "I'm gonna knock ya on your asses!"
-Asuka: THINK IN GERMAN!!! -Shinji: Öh... Baumkuchen...
Hayashida: "As game developers, our work is special. All of us here can put smiles on very many people's faces with our work."
~('.'~) (~'.')~ Dancin Kirby

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:32 pm

@ kuribo-04 The fact that Asuka without Kaji or Shinji around ends up sleeping with Toji and calling him Baka-Toji is too much fun ... Anno basically confirmed that the possible alternate realities in the anime that Shinji saw are as crazy as fanfiction :tongue: . There were those who had speculated that Shinji after 3.0+1.0 could break the fourth wall to say goodbye to the fans. I believe instead that after the end credits Anno, the voice actors and the rest of the cast could appear on the screen thanking and saying congratulations to all Evangelion's fans ^_^

BernardoCairo
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby BernardoCairo » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:32 pm

I believe that One Last Kiss is an amazing trailer to hype us all for the upcoming movie. But it doesn't hold a candle to the live action trailer of The End of Evangelion.
Honestly, I can't imagine a better trailer for that specific movie. I love how it completely encapsulates everything The End of Evangelion is, even though it's using only some cut live action footage. It's nature is, somehow, both serene and mysterious. Also, all of this is amplified by how good it was directed!
I wanted to know what it was like to be an Evangelion fan back then. What was it like watching this trailer first hand? It was probably amazing hahahaha
About the cut live action sequences themselves. I find them to be really fun. It's so weird and amusing to see these different takes of the characters. I just can't imagine how the EVA team would fit them into the movie without breaking the flow of the narrative. Maybe that's why they were cut? I don't know. But releasing them later (in the Renewal of Evangelion) was a really good move!
Last edited by BernardoCairo on Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Just sit here and waste your precious time. When you want to do something, don't do it right away. Don't do it when you can. Read my posts instead. It's the only way to live a life without regrets.

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 4:37 pm

@ BernardoCairo for me being an Evangelion fan in those days had to be beautiful but stressful at the same time .. You never knew with what Anno was going to torture your brain and you had to watch characters you might be fond of like Misato, Kaji and Kaworu die :sniffle: . Honestly, I'm happy that I started being a fan of this franchise in 2018.You're damn right about One Last Kiss, a lot of the lyrics seem to be inserted in particular scenes, for example the phrase Can You Give One Last Kiss? it was right between Aoba and Hyuga's brofist and Kaworu's appearance while the last line I Love You More Than You Ever Know is really fantastic on Shinji's frame where his eyes turn purple :thumbsup: This movie will realy be :money:

Huagh
Adam

•      
  •      

Postby Huagh » Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:00 pm

Someone mentioned it in the Twitter post of the trailer, but they reasoned that if Shinji’s eyes turned Red when Third Impact happened, that maybe his Purple eyes are for when he reverts the world back to normal. What do y’all think about that possibility?

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:16 pm

@ Huagh In my previous post I wrote that I believed that purple eyes could be an alternative form of Pseudo-Evolution, maybe Shinji will be able to give the Eva 01 all the power of the light giant's form without the risk of causing another impact because that perhaps he will have total control of his emotions. I am starting to believe that purple eyes is a power of Shinji and not of Eva 01 in 2.0 Shinji's eyes glowed red before activating the awakening of Eva 01 and not after.It's too funny that Anno is perhaps going to give us a power up from which memes about Evangelion X Dragon Ball could come out.
Last edited by FXArmaros98 on Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”