Shin Eva - New Trailer (12-24-20)

Discussion of the new series of Evangelion movies ( "Evangelion Shin Gekijōban", meaning "Evangelion: New Theatrical Edition"). The final instalment made its debut in Japan on March 8, 2021.

Moderators: Rebuild/OT Moderators, Board Staff

Forum rules
By visiting this forum, you agree to read the rules for discussion.
JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

Re: Shin Eva - New Trailer (12-24-20)

•      
  •      

Postby JoelcrNeto » Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:02 am

BernardoCairo wrote:If it's a character that helps us to understand a little bit more about Asuka's past or future, I would be delighted (even if it wasn't her). I miss her as a protagonist!

First of all, welcome. I think you are Brazilian just like me, your nick denounces you. The staff recommends presenting yourself on a dedicated thread first.

Asuka's background in NGE was introduced to us towards the end of the series, so I'm not surprised that Anno would do that in the last film. I believe this girl really is Asuka. I think the same about Mari.
“Like a miracle, life starts with the pain / Forever this will be” — “Heroes of Sand” by Angra.
“É porque nós gostamos de você. Obrigada por conversar comigo. Vem, me dá a sua mão para andarmos juntos.” — Rei to Shinji (Portuguese dub).

EvaGeeks official Discord server

Jäeger
Temp-Banned

Re: Shin Eva - Official Social Media: 2.22 You Can (Not) Release

•      
  •      

Postby Jäeger » Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:21 am

View Original PostBernardoCairo wrote:If it's a character that helps us to understand a little bit more about Asuka's past or future, I would be delighted (even if it wasn't her). I miss her as a protagonist!

I believe that Unit 13 is being pilot by Kaworu's or Rei Q's dummy plug. Shinji would be there, fighting his escapist/unrealistic friends in order to grow and help save the world, as a human first and foremost. It would be a great way to show his development as a person, compared to 3.0. But that's just a guess.

Being Unit 13......why not both Kaworu & dummy plug???

What I don't like about Kaworu's comback is that what made him special was that his role was short but had an astonishing impact in the story. Like the messiah he emulated, he lived short but to the fullest. Being in 50% of NTE deprives him of that aura. He has turned from being the last angel to an staff character.
Do american "cool" people know that in Europe only alcoholics and homeless drink wine without food by their side???

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:36 am

Please don't quote the whole post above you unless you have a reason to do so - Ursus.

Maybe Jeager the Eva 13 doesn't really need a pilot, maybe Gendo with Nebuchadnezzar's Key will be able to sacrifice his soul and bend Kaworu's soul to his will and make the Eva 13 move without any Dummy Plug ... Also we are forgetting that Rei and what remains of Lilith could be involved with Kaworu and Eva 13 .... Perhaps the true purpose of Nebuchadnezzar's Key is to control being divine to open the last Door of the Guf which will draw the Black Moon to itself and will cause the resurrection of Lilith that SEELE mentioned.

Jäeger
Temp-Banned

•      
  •      

Postby Jäeger » Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:44 am

View Original PostFXArmaros98 wrote:Please don't quote the whole post above you unless you have a reason to do so - Ursus.

Maybe Jeager the Eva 13 doesn't really need a pilot, maybe Gendo with Nebuchadnezzar's Key will be able to sacrifice his soul and bend Kaworu's soul to his will and make the Eva 13 move without any Dummy Plug ... Also we are forgetting that Rei and what remains of Lilith could be involved with Kaworu and Eva 13 .... Perhaps the true purpose of Nebuchadnezzar's Key is to control being divine to open the last Door of the Guf which will draw the Black Moon to itself and will cause the resurrection of Lilith that SEELE mentioned.

My God, Have you been with Yamashita's dealer?
Do american "cool" people know that in Europe only alcoholics and homeless drink wine without food by their side???

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:56 am

No luckily, but come on what do you expect from Anno? ANIMA is an almost senseless madness but also EOE as good as it was for psychology and the massage of hope when compared to the classic mecha is really a decidedly crazy film. Watch Shin Godzilla and read the book where there were plans for the sequel if you don't think Anno can make movies that, however beautiful they may be, are disasters in terms of plot ...
PS:
About Yamashita please check the ANIMA thread because I left you a nice answer ...
Last edited by FXArmaros98 on Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:56 am, edited 1 time in total.

BernardoCairo
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby BernardoCairo » Sun Dec 27, 2020 11:56 am

View Original PostJoelcrNeto wrote:First of all, welcome. I think you are Brazilian just like me, your nick denounces you. The staff recommends presenting yourself on a dedicated thread first.

Asuka's background in NGE was introduced to us towards the end of the series, so I'm not surprised that Anno would do that in the last film. I believe this girl really is Asuka. I think the same about Mari.

Oh, thanks! First of all, your deduction is correct. But honestly, I think that names similar to mine can be found in several countries, not only in Brazil.
About the "thread stuff", I'm sorry. I've never participated in a forum before. Thus, I'm finding a little bit odd to mess around here. That's why I've decided to start by making a simple comment.
Finally, about what actually matters, I do believe that's Shikinami. I'm not 100% sure about it and I would not be surprised if it was someone else, but some of you guys made a lot of good points to support the theory that it is indeed her.
What was gravitating me towards the idea that it wasn't Asuka was the color of her hair and some facial discrepancies. I thought: "maybe it isn't her, but actually some relative." But, thinking a little more, all this could be attributed to the lighting of the scene or the age of the character. I'll have to wait and see.

View Original PostJäeger wrote:What I don't like about Kaworu's comback is that what made him special was that his role was short but had an astonishing impact in the story. Like the messiah he emulated, he lived short but to the fullest. Being in 50% of NTE deprives him of that aura. He has turned from being the last angel to an staff character.

I don't think that a Kaworu comeback would be good, because that would devalue the whole point of his character. He is an antagonist, first and foremost. An angel that comes in, creates a conflict (by persuading a very vunerable person for selfish reasons) and is eventually defeated. He was build to serve the monster of the week formula and would only work by fullfing this specific role.
If Shinji wasn't in such bad shape, if Kaworu hadn't appeared in the last possible second, Shinji would have never lowered his guard so much (as we can clearly see in the manga).
This is an interesting topic. I might as well create a thread about it later.
Just sit here and waste your precious time. When you want to do something, don't do it right away. Don't do it when you can. Read my posts instead. It's the only way to live a life without regrets.

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:21 pm

I don't think Kaworu will come back on his own will, as I said in the previous post Gendo could use Nebuchadnezzar's Key to take control of Rei / Lilith and Kaworu's soul / Eva 13 ... Then we'll see, I begin to believe that Eva 13 and Eva 01 are dueling to gain control of both spears ... I don't want dare imagine how those who loves the Kawoshin and wish it become canon would react if Kaworu himself challenged Shinji to decide the fate of the planet after Gendo's defeat ..

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby JoelcrNeto » Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:39 pm

I am not good at creating theories or stipulating things that I have always had a simple reasoning: I see Kaworu's return as a metaphysical presence, just as in EoE.

BernardoCairo wrote:This is an interesting topic. I might as well create a thread about it later.

I don't know exactly what thread you intend to create, but I think there's already one in this forum. Use the search tool.
On the Wiki, there's an article analyzing Kaworu in Eva Q.
“Like a miracle, life starts with the pain / Forever this will be” — “Heroes of Sand” by Angra.
“É porque nós gostamos de você. Obrigada por conversar comigo. Vem, me dá a sua mão para andarmos juntos.” — Rei to Shinji (Portuguese dub).

ShinjiStranglesAsuka
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby ShinjiStranglesAsuka » Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:49 pm

I don't see how Kaworu fighting Shinji is anything but expected. (:| I'm just surprised they gave it away in the trailer.

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 12:51 pm

Well Kaworu's could realy return as a metaphysical presence like in EOE, in the ANIMA's series Kaworu appears as a voice that only Shinji can hear ... Since there are similarities between Rebuilds and ANIMA I don't see why something like this can't happen.I guess the ghost or quantum form of Kaworu can give Shinji some advice before challenging him, perhaps in this continued Kaworu deliberately wants to be a villain that only Shinji can beat so this can help Shinji to redeem himself in the eyes of humanity.

BernardoCairo
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby BernardoCairo » Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:10 pm

View Original PostJoelcrNeto wrote:I am not good at creating theories or stipulating things that I have always had a simple reasoning: I see Kaworu's return as a metaphysical presence, just as in EoE.

I don't know exactly what thread you intend to create, but I think there's already one in this forum. Use the search tool.

Yeah, if he comes back, I'm pretty sure that's how it's gonna play out. It is actually what I've been expecting since 3.0, honestly.

I actually intended to create a Toji vs Kaworu analysis (which is something that I've been thinking about for a while). But honestly, I don't even know how to "move" around here yet kkkk. So, I'm going to explore this place a little bit before doing that.
Just sit here and waste your precious time. When you want to do something, don't do it right away. Don't do it when you can. Read my posts instead. It's the only way to live a life without regrets.

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:26 pm

View Original PostBernardoCairo wrote:Yeah, if he comes back, I'm pretty sure that's how it's gonna play out. It is actually what I've been expecting since 3.0, honestly.

I actually intended to create a Toji vs Kaworu analysis (which is something that I've been thinking about for a while). But honestly, I don't even know how to "move" around here yet kkkk. So, I'm going to explore this place a little bit before doing that.

However, it might seem like some sort of hallucination, I think when Shinji starts living locked up in a room on the AAA Wunder he may have strange dreams ... Thrice Upon a Time is the title of a novel about not time travel but send messages from the past to the future ... Maybe Kaworu's ghost can provide Shinji with information about the past, maybe the scenes from the old 3.0 prewiev will be shown to Shinji as a kind of flashback story ...

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:53 pm

View Original PostShinjiStranglesAsuka wrote:I don't see how Kaworu fighting Shinji is anything but expected. (:| I'm just surprised they gave it away in the trailer.

Eva 13 vs Unit 01 something many predicted.

ShinjiStranglesAsuka
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby ShinjiStranglesAsuka » Sun Dec 27, 2020 1:59 pm

Indeed! :thumbsup: It was inevitable.

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:04 pm

View Original PostJoelcrNeto wrote:I am not good at creating theories or stipulating things that I have always had a simple reasoning: I see Kaworu's return as a metaphysical presence, just as in EoE.

Holy shit my old topic on Kaworu's intention has been added to the Wiki!? :shinji_shock1:

Anyway, we already saw Kaworu sitting next to Shinji in what looks like Asuka and Mari's room in the previous trailer, and since I doubt that WILLE secretly had a clone of Kaworu hanging around, for me it means that either we'll get a "Quantum Kaworu" appearing when Shinji is alone, or maybe in a dream. Or maybe Shinji became bonker and is talking to himself. :pwnd:

By the way, there's another detail I noticed in the trailer that wasn't talked about in this tread :

That's a shitton of MAGI computers, either Misato and Ritsuko are inside a factory building them to fetch a spare for the Wunder, or the Wunder needs a lot of them to function.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

Joseki
Marduk Selectee
Marduk Selectee

•      
  •      

Postby Joseki » Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:07 pm

^

I don't know if it's something Anno would do, but I was thinking that maybe every dead Wille member gets transferred in a MAGI system, to give voice to the many people died fighting for freedom.

ShinjiStranglesAsuka
Tunniel
Tunniel

•      
  •      

Postby ShinjiStranglesAsuka » Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:12 pm

There's a pretty decent shot of "Evil Wunder" in the trailer. Wonder what's powering it.

FXArmaros98
Leliel
Leliel

•      
  •      

Postby FXArmaros98 » Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:20 pm

View Original PostShinjiStranglesAsuka wrote:Indeed! :thumbsup: It was inevitable.

Although it was inevitable I don't think anyone seriously expected them to use the 2 spears ... I was surprised that Shinji was using Cassius's, I believed that spear was connected to Kaworu while Longinus's was connected to Shinji or something like that ... I wonder how their confrontation will happen ... The Where and the when will probably be of vital importance ...We do not even have confirmation if the Mark 06 and Eva 01 are both clones of Lilith or Adams like the Eva 13 ... I feel that in this continuity the Mark 06 is the clone of Lilith (if I'm not mistaken SEELE had said it was the true evangelion with which it would have been possible to carry out the resurrection of Lilith and later we find it apparently merged with the corpse of Lilith), while Eva 01 should be an Adams due to the light giant form and the fact that Ritsuko said something like it is returning to its original shape ..

ElMariachi
Le Posteur Verbeux
Le Posteur Verbeux

•      
  •      

Postby ElMariachi » Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:47 pm

View Original PostShinjiStranglesAsuka wrote:Image

There's a pretty decent shot of "Evil Wunder" in the trailer. Wonder what's powering it.

My guess would be either EVA-13 (before neo-NERV "release" it for the final part of their plan) or a remaining ADAM.
Personally what I wonder is what are those three blue spikes on the top of the Dark Wunder, it's where the AAA Wunder has its three dishes (btw do we know what are the Wunder's dishes, aside letting Asuka and Mari practice their roller skills?), as well as what kind of weapon the Dark Wunder's' four spheres are. (since it's where the AAA Wunder has its four cannons, I guess that those are weapons)

View Original PostFXArmaros98 wrote:Although it was inevitable I don't think anyone seriously expected them to use the 2 spears ... I was surprised that Shinji was using Cassius's, I believed that spear was connected to Kaworu while Longinus's was connected to Shinji or something like that ... I wonder how their confrontation will happen ... The Where and the when will probably be of vital importance ...We do not even have confirmation if the Mark 06 and Eva 01 are both clones of Lilith or Adams like the Eva 13 ... I feel that in this continuity the Mark 06 is the clone of Lilith (if I'm not mistaken SEELE had said it was the true evangelion with which it would have been possible to carry out the resurrection of Lilith and later we find it apparently merged with the corpse of Lilith), while Eva 01 should be an Adams due to the light giant form and the fact that Ritsuko said something like it is returning to its original shape ..

Mark.06 was found crashed on the Moon by SEELE, which implies that it's one of the four ADAMs that somehow was ejected to space during Second Impact. Also since there are five "gods" (Lilith and the four Adams) in the Rebuild universe, it's possible that there are actually five spears instead of just two.
Avatar: THE HIGHEST OF ALL HIGHS WE AAAAAAAAAARE!!!
Kensuke is a military otaku who, at one point, is shown creepily taking pictures of girls to sell. He would clearly fit right in as an animator at Studio Gainax. -- Compiling_Autumn
EoTV is a therapist, EoE is a drill instructor. -- Chuckman
Seriously, that is the most fananked theory I've ever heard, more than Mari being Marty McFly travelling through time to keep her parents (Asushin) together. -- Jäeger

JoelcrNeto
Full/Super Moderator
Full/Super Moderator

•      
  •      

Postby JoelcrNeto » Sun Dec 27, 2020 2:49 pm

View Original PostElMariachi wrote:That's a shitton of MAGI computers, either Misato and Ritsuko are inside a factory building them to fetch a spare for the Wunder, or the Wunder needs a lot of them to function.

At first I thought they were MAGIs, and it's those same structures seen in the previous trailer, that Misato is standing looking at them. But now, it's looks like boxes storing something.
Shot from the previous trailer  SPOILER: Show

Return to “Rebuild of Evangelion Discussion”